This is CRAZY!!!

Buttery

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
I'm watching Bridezillas and this bride says she refinanced her house in order to have a dream wedding. She borrowed money for a huge wedding...Am I the only one who thinks that is crazy?

Would any of you do this?

I'm pretty sure I won't be refinancing anything for my wedding, but I can understand someone who does. Weddings are expensive. They have to get the money from somewhere.

I've never understood why people go into debt or create more debt for their weddings... if I couldn't afford it I'd just adjust my plans to what my budget is... I bet they'll regret it after they're still paying it off 10 years from now.

elongreach said:
I'm pretty sure I won't be refinancing anything for my wedding, but I can understand someone who does. Weddings are expensive. They have to get the money from somewhere.

Do they really have to? I mean we're not talking about college, we're talking about a wedding. One day...

But it's the most important day of their lives. They want it to be special. Sometimes there are options that one takes that another person may not. Refinancing doesn't seem as bad a taking out a loan IMO. And plenty of people take out loans for their weddings. The average wedding is 22k. Not many people have that hanging around. I want a small intimate wedding that will probably cost as much as a large one. Due to where and how I want my wedding to be produced.

elongreach said:
But it's the most important day of their lives. They want it to be special. Sometimes there are options that one takes that another person may not. Refinancing doesn't seem as bad a taking out a loan IMO. And plenty of people take out loans for their weddings. The average wedding is 22k. Not many people have that hanging around. I want a small intimate wedding that will probably cost as much as a large one. Due to where and how I want my wedding to be produced.

I can respect that people choose to borrow for whatever reasons they want. I guess I just look at it differently because of how I was raised regarding money. The idea of starting a new life together with a bunch of debt (from a one-day celebration) seems scary to me.

Personally I think it's crazy, but I don't want a big wedding. None of my relatives really get along and that thought of having them all in the same room together is just scary!:wacko:

:smile: I think I saw that episode too, wasn't this a bride from california, she had long hair and was really *****y with the women who was doing her nails? Someone I wouldn't like to meet :rolleyes: Some people are sooo full of themselves!!

Every now and then I watch Bridezillas and to me it's such a shame when they spend all that money and then make the day miserable for everyone.
Did anyone catch the episode when the mother in law and other family members arrived late? I think it was in FL.

wedings are expencive, and the money gained from presents usually covers most of the cost, esp. if you write a wishing well as a present (meaning asking for money as a gift) which is the current trend umong my friends

I can respect that people choose to borrow for whatever reasons they want. I guess I just look at it differently because of how I was raised regarding money. The idea of starting a new life together with a bunch of debt (from a one-day celebration) seems scary to me.

I absolutely agree with you. I really and truely do not understand why people would want to do this. It is ONE DAY. If you dont have the money dont spend it. Period.

Weddings are only expensive if the bride choses to make it expensive. Nobody has to have these obscenely expensive weddings to have a great wedding day.

As to Bridezillas: a bunch of whiney, spoiled, self-indugent, self-possessed *****es!!! :yucky:

Spending thousands of dollars on a wedding is absolutely ridiculous.

It's one day and it's over in a flash. Spending enormous amounts of money doesn't make you any more married or even make it any more "special". The most beautiful weddings I have been to are the ones where people understand that it's about the MARRIAGE...it's not about the wedding.

As for it being it the most important day of your life...I don't agree with that, either. It's an important day, true. But the days that come after it aren't any less important. I would say they are more important, actually.