This has been asked I know but I can't find it...

justbrowsing

Jan 9, 2007
I sent my black Legacy shoulder bag to Coach for repair (threads pulling everywhere) and they are sending a replacement bag. I am very happy about the replacement especially because there was an ink spot in the other one. My question is, has anyone had any luck trading their replacement bag at the boutique for another or another color? I know probably not but I have realized that I am not a black bag kinda girl anymore. I thought I'd see what you guys have to say. Thanks!

Hmm I have only had my bag repaired or a credit sent to me, I have never had them send a replacement? My guess is it won't be an issue, I think it is your choice if you still want that bag or not. :yes:

If Coach sends you a replacement bag that's brand new with tags and you took it in the store and asked to exchange it for something else, it would be the same as asking for a return without a receipt, right? Or, if you still have your receipt for the bag, you could probably get a refund. I don't see why it would be a problem.

I had to send in a wallet for repair, and they sent a replacement of the item (same color). Unfortunately, it had the same problems as the original, and the store let me return it for a store credit toward something else. I only had the receipt from the repair.

I'm sure you can exchange for a different color if the store still carries the bag. I don't think you can order a different color from JAX - but it doesn't hurt to ask.