Thinking of buying a mattie...need advice!

I'm also considering getting a mattie, actually. Does anyone own the light grey Matinee? Does the leather get dirty easily? Also, if anyone has bought from Blue Heaven Boutique, what's the lining for their light grey mattie?

(To the OP: Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread!)

np, starkfan! The more info we can get the better!

That light grey matinee is gorgeous...but I already own the flatiron grey nikki so I was hoping to get something with a little more color. I think I'll set my sights on wine, eggplant or a noir with colored flaps. It might take a while but I hope I can find one! BTW, what do you guys think of the stonewashed chocolate with eggplant flaps? I saw several of them in the pics thread and I think it's a pretty combo.

Like the others, I would go with wine or eggplant, but those are pricey and harder to find. I just got a Dark Gray one and it is fantastic. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Matinee_DarkGray 00000.JPG
    Matinee_DarkGray 00000.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Matinee_DarkGray 00001.JPG
    Matinee_DarkGray 00001.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 31
^^That is lovely selketkrb! I could use a dark gray bag. I'll have to add that to my list.

Thank You!!

It's a touch darker in real life than the photos show, as I took these with a flash. It's really a gorgeous deep gray that would literally match anything, such a great neutral!

:heart:

np, starkfan! The more info we can get the better!

That light grey matinee is gorgeous...but I already own the flatiron grey nikki so I was hoping to get something with a little more color. I think I'll set my sights on wine, eggplant or a noir with colored flaps. It might take a while but I hope I can find one! BTW, what do you guys think of the stonewashed chocolate with eggplant flaps? I saw several of them in the pics thread and I think it's a pretty combo.

I don't own any grey bags right now, which is why I'm considering this! :P The wine really is TO DIE FOR, but I can't quite rationalise getting one when a red like that would only match the black/white/neutrals half of my wardrobe, unfortunately. Otherwise, yeah, I think you should totally keep an eye out for a wine mattie! Have you seen that wine mattie on eBay right now? That one has the new signature hardware/no tassels, though. The stonewashed chocolate with eggplant flaps also looks great, IMO!

selketkrb, that dark grey mattie is also gorgeous! Do you mind if I ask where you got it from? I can't seem to find any other matties available online, aside from eBay/Bonanzle/ecrater etc, save for that light grey mattie at Blue Heaven Boutique.

^^Yeah, I kind of feel the same way as you do about the wine. I did see the wine mattie on ebay...the other ladies posted the link to it. I can't afford that right now because I've spent like crazy on sales over the last month...I'm hoping to snag a used one for around $300-400. As far as hardware/tassels, I think I prefer old hardware w/tassels. I actually think the stonewashed chocolate/eggplant is really gorgeous and from the pics, it looks like it is pretty neutral and would go with a lot. But that dark grey is gorgeous too! Eggplant is TDF but I think that would be really hard to find.

DG is GORGEOUS on the mattie. The leather has a subtle silvery sheen, and is a must have for any die-hard RM collector (I have a DG mam and it is stunning!)

Since you tend to have a cooler wardrobe pallate, DG should work very well!

I can't afford that right now because I've spent like crazy on sales over the last month...I'm hoping to snag a used one for around $300-400. As far as hardware/tassels, I think I prefer old hardware w/tassels.

Yeah, I can't quite justify paying full retail on any bag right now either! I also feel the same way about the hardware/tassels, and even did a little Photoshopping exercise to confirm that I prefer the look of the mattie with tassels. :P Conclusion? Tassels!

Argh! So many pretty colours! The dark grey really does look fantastic! The light grey would probably also work really well for my wardrobe (which also has a cooler palette), but I just really hope it doesn't get stained/dirty easily... Any light grey mattie owners out there? How has your mattie held up so far?

Last edited:
I would have to agree that the wine would be my first choice, but wine is so lusted after right now it might be difficult to get one lower than $400.00. There are some pretty matties on ebay, like eggplant and elephant. Those colors are also very pretty.

Yeah I been waiting for the wine matinee too but they go fast for a high price! I've been contemplating between the matinee and the mab but I think im gonna go with the matinee. Too bad RM website discontinued that style!

I would have to agree that the wine would be my first choice, but wine is so lusted after right now it might be difficult to get one lower than $400.00. There are some pretty matties on ebay, like eggplant and elephant. Those colors are also very pretty.

Did you see eggplant? I don't see it? I love the eggplant color!

I just got a matinee, but the bag was packed into a box that is too small resulting in the bottom part being squished. There are now creases in the leather (at the bottom of the bag) and the bottom part is quite soft (and less structured compared to a MAM). Is the bottom part of Matinees softer than MAMs? Or can anyone tell me that due to the design/shape of the Matinee, the bottom part will eventually become soft anyway once the bag breaks in?

Sorry OP, don't mean to hijack your thread but I think my question is related to buying a Matinee so I thought I will post here rather than start a thread.

Last edited:
I just got a matinee, but the bag was packed into a box that is too small resulting in the bottom part being squished. There are now creases in the leather (at the bottom of the bag) and the bottom part is quite soft (and less structured compared to a MAM). Is the bottom part of Matinees softer than MAMs? Or can anyone tell me that due to the design/shape of the Matinee, the bottom part will eventually become soft anyway once the bag breaks in?

Sorry OP, don't mean to hijack your thread but I think my question is related to buying a Matinee so I thought I will post here rather than start a thread.

:bump:

Anyone has a broken-in Matinee and a broken-in MAM?