Thinking about getting a LV bag, help?

paperlove

Jul 6, 2010
Hi, everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum because I really need some advice. I really need a new bag for school in September because I've completely over-abused my Juicy daydreamer and now the pink leather is really dark and ugly. At first I was going to just get another daydreamer, but since I don't really take care of my bags and it rains all the time here in Vancouver, I thought about getting a LV bag instead.

Right now I have my eyes on the Totally, but unfortunately it only comes in Monogram and Damier Azur. As much as I love Azur, I think I should get a darker colour. So that leaves the Monogram, which I'm not a very big fan of but I guess I don't really mind it. But I'm kind of worried about the straps. I have a Gucci tote and the part of the straps that sit on your shoulder has turned rather dark, but it's not very noticable since the straps are a gold colour. On the other hand, the Totally's straps are much lighter -- should I be worried about colour transfer? Has anyone experienced any?

I really wish the Totally came in Ebene :sad:

Neverfull ebene mm...i'm at UBC and I've been using it as a school bag off and on for one year now and it's holding up beautifully, fits a ton, lightweight and highly fashionable....also rainproof cos we know how vancouver gets :smile:

I'm looking for a school bag too preferably in been with wider straps. I heard the nf straps r uncomfortable once u have a good amount of items in the bag.

I use my NF all the time, I have the mm size, I have even traveled with it with kids, it was pretty packed, anyways...I personally have never found it uncomfortable and it stays on my shoulder really well. I love my damier nf!

Hi, everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum because I really need some advice. I really need a new bag for school in September because I've completely over-abused my Juicy daydreamer and now the pink leather is really dark and ugly. At first I was going to just get another daydreamer, but since I don't really take care of my bags and it rains all the time here in Vancouver, I thought about getting a LV bag instead.

Right now I have my eyes on the Totally, but unfortunately it only comes in Monogram and Damier Azur. As much as I love Azur, I think I should get a darker colour. So that leaves the Monogram, which I'm not a very big fan of but I guess I don't really mind it. But I'm kind of worried about the straps. I have a Gucci tote and the part of the straps that sit on your shoulder has turned rather dark, but it's not very noticable since the straps are a gold colour. On the other hand, the Totally's straps are much lighter -- should I be worried about colour transfer? Has anyone experienced any?

I really wish the Totally came in Ebene :sad:

If you get anything with a vachetta strap the "color transfer" you mentioned (it's called patina) will happen with use. So if you worry about/hate that, maybe you should look into getting something in ebene.

I'm actually planning on getting a new LV to use as a school bag too. I'm pretty sure that I want a neverfull gm in ebene, I think it could def work for you too!

Thank you for all the suggestions! I will definitely look into other bags in ebene. I don't really want a NF though, since it's way too common here and three of my friends have it in ebene.

And coleab5, your dog is adorable!!