Think I could size up a full inch in insole length in Tory Burch Revas?

shopaholism

Jul 23, 2011
Hey girls!

So I've been looking for some new flats to replace my old Target pair (which should've been tossed a long time ago...anyway...)

Just wondering--I found a potentially great deal on some Tory Burch Reva flats that are a full size bigger than what I normally wear (after sizing up 1/2 as a matter of course--I'm sure many of you have already heard my rants about width/bunions so I'll leave that)

Basically, according to the seller's known-to-be-dubiously-accurate measurements, the insole is a full inch longer than my foot (measured by stepping on a soft tape measure); however, I was wondering if I could actually get away with that because of the "scrunch" of the heel in back. (I don't like those scrunchy heels to be too tight, because my skin gets irritated from rubbing very easily) With this size, I wouldn't be worried about the width (but with my "true" size, most shoes are way too narrow, and I've heard mixed reviews on these), I'm just not sure if my heel would keep popping out of them with that much heel room. (As I said in another post, I'm also not above stuffing the toe box with cotton to fix length issues--it's actually very comfy to do so because my second toe is longer and often gets scrunched! On the bright side, apparently having a longer second toe means you're of royal blood! hah!)

Also, does sizing vary with color? I know jeans vary wildly in sizing simply based on the wash (across the same cut, even), but I am completely clueless with shoes.

Thanks!:smile:

No - I went up a full size (8.5 to 9.5) during an online sale for my bvery first pair and all I can say is the scrunch at the back doesn't help when your size is wrong to start with. I ended up putting in abput 2 layers thick of insole just so that the scrunch could catch my back and even then i have to keep adjusting. Learnt my lesson and stuck to my actual size 9 going forward

Blah...oh well. Thanks for the tip! I may just try some on next time I'm home. (I did find a pair in my true size, but besides the whole width thing, the listing just looks suspicious and they're probably fake)

No. The scrunch would look ridiculous. I actually tried the putting cotton thing in my revas that were just a half size too big and it did not work. Wait till you can find a pair that actually fits :smile: