They’ve got to be kidding

I think so. I've seen it around on IG.

It's very extreme. Makes me feel better about my Golden Goose sneakers though :lol:
It’s funny, I’ve never owned a pair of the Golden Goose sneakers (I do like them though), but I have TONS of their “cowboy” boots that I wore like crazy when I lived in Boston. They are the ONLY boots that I took out West with me; everything else was pitched (including heavy winter coats, heavy scarves, mittens, gloves and hats)! I kinda wished I had kept a few because, of course, the one year we go to the Tournament of Roses Parade (when we lived in Pasadena and could walk right out onto Colorado), it was FREEZING that day (the year before had seen 80+ degrees weather)!

Reactions: lill_canele
.. and sadly, there will be idiots who will buy them (especially in LA)!
I kinda understand now why my good friend who worked at the Balenciaga boutique on Rodeo Drive left. Not that she was a fan of Alexander Wang’s designs either, but when Demna came on board, she said “Nope - I won’t sell this crap”!!!

I find shoes like these pretty offensive ... spending thousands on shoes to pretend like you just fished them out of the dumpster and it's all you could afford (probably while wearing a designer handbag as well). Especially in cities with high poverty levels where people might have actually gotten their clothes from questionable places such as trashcans, it's such a sad thing to see. I love some of the Balenciaga products but things like these are really turning me away from the brand.

While I kind of see where he's going...
1) Not a fan of the adidas sports wear
2) The way they walk look so aggressive to me. :shocked: Like the one in the head-to-toe black sparkle had such an angry walk!

Overall, the sportswear and the aggressive vibe does not really feel that elegant or sophisticated. It does not make me want to buy the clothes despite seeing that some of the silhouettes and cuts are quite nice.

Reactions: AnnaLou
Yikes. How to tell when designers are completely out of touch with real people.

When I was a teen in the 80s it was stylish to have a casual level of lived-in wear to your clothes. it was embarrassing for your shoes or jeans to be too new looking, but it was even more embarrassing to not earn your own rips and scuffs. Anyone who paid money for brand new pre-ripped clothing was considered a pretentious idiot (not including thrifted items of course, just the brand new stuff).

I know lots of styles are inspired from the past, but this line honestly shows a complete lack of imagination on the part of the designer. It's an old, tired concept without having any redeeming or innovative features. It is fine to embrace a lived-in street wear look, but this is just so over the top that it looks like a joke, as others have pointed out.