theoutnet.com still "processing" my order?

kara_n

Feb 7, 2008
I recently bought a dress on theoutnet.com

I placed my order December 6th. They are still "processing" my order. Should I be worried? I even paid for the best shipping and they haven't dispatched/shipped it yet.

I tried contacting them a few days back but so far no reply. Wondering if I should call instead of email now.

Am I overreacting? I know it hasn't been that long but they claim to ship in 24-48 hours or something like that I believe.

If something was wrong with my card they wouldn't let it go through right? I got an email saying they received my order (the day I placed it).

Anyone know whats up? Has this happened to you before?

Thanks....

they always take forever to ship if you chose the $ 4.95 flat rate.
to expedite, it should arrive within 3 days but with the holidays, delays are expected.
better to call customer service and make sure they dispatch it.
i just called them this morning to do this. hope it happens.

I placed an order on Dec. 3rd and received an email confirming the order. I checked the site nearly every day to see shipping status and get a tracking #. There was nothing in my order history. I emailed only to get a reply that it's being processed. Finally I called them today, a week later, and after a long conversation was told that my order is being shipped today. Tonight I got a tracking # via email. But the order still doesn't show in my order history. This was my first order with them and I am less than impressed. I like designer stuff at a discount price as much as the next person, but I'd rather go with companies with better customer service.

Me too! This is my second order & may be my last. I placed my order Monday afternoon (6th) & it is still 'processing'. I rang them yesterday and was told that they were taking 'an extra 72 hours' to process orders & I should receive my despatch notification yesterday, but that has not happened. It's a good job that I didn't need the items for the weekend! Not impressed!

One thing I noticed is they IMMEDIATELY take it out of your CC (like two seconds after you place your order). Even if they take forever to send it, they are very quick to get their payment. Everything I have received from them, however, has been top notch, and they do take returns if you are not happy -- for whatever reason. They send it from UK maybe?

My orders are sent from Long Island City so they haven't got far to travel! I rang them yesterday to cancel and was informed via email that I was too late. I checked this morning and not surprisingly, my package is on its way, due to be delivered tomorrow.

I think it might help if they added to the order confirmation a note saying that during busy times (such as the NAP sale that is on and the Balmain one will be popular) they may be unable to meet their SLA of 24 -48 hours. Or just an automatic email letting me know that the package has been despatched might be something.

Perhaps I am being a bit picky but last weekend I placed 2 orders with J Crew, one on Friday night and one Sunday lunchtime. Both packages came a day ahead of schedule on Monday and Wednesday respectively. It was free shipping and 30% off too. I have ordered lots from them and they have always been great.

I agree that it takes forever for them to ship but once they ship, I usually get my package the next day, which is great. Funny thing is that every time I got impatient because of their long processing time and called to cancel the order, I was told my order was shipped or was on its way.

I had the same thing happen to me with SSENSE- ordered a jacket on the 4th and did not receive the payment verification phone call until Wednesday afternoon of last week, and it STILL hasn't shipped out! When I called this morning to find out what was going on the customer service rep was giving me very blunt answers and said it would be shipped out by end of business today. Although they didn't admit it, I am pretty sure my order fell through the cracks. So much for 4-5 day expedited shipping!

I understand and sort of expect it as its busy this time of year but it doesn't hurt to call and check!

Well I just needed some help zipping it up! Sadly I cannot breathe in it but my seamstress is fixing it! yay!

I just wish they shipped quicker ...now I know though