Thea dress owners...i need your help!

Lavidacolor

Collector of things shiny and beautiful
O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
so i just got my Thea in CB today, and i loved how it looked right out of the box...i was confident i could just slip it on and fall in love with it!

however...the shell is SUPER tight on me!! what gives? i am an S in ALL of my HH apparel...dresses, coats, whatnot. and they all fit me quite well, nothing super tight. so naturally i got this in S.

but when i went to put my Thea on, i carefully put on the shell first. i heard a RIPPPP. i thought dear god, this thing is TINY and i've ripped it already! maybe it was the plastic elastic thingy stretching out, good thing no holes showed up.

but anyway, you know where the belt would go around, there is a horizontal seam? it's really tight there. the seam isn't very stretchy. they should have kept it as a vertical seam/one piece of fabric! i couldn't even wear the shell by itself without all my fat squishing out. and there isnt much room for a bra, either! (FYI, i am a 36C, and usually size 4/6 on top, 2 on bottom, my ribcage is just a bit large. but i would still be an S in HH).
maybe it's just my body, but if i am a TTS S in HH, why is this dress, of all HH apparel, so tight on me? did i get a defective one?

if anyone else who got an S in this, could you let me know how your Thea measures up? and if you dont mind, your measuremtns? I measured the underbust seam fully stretched on mine, and it only went up to 32.5". i just wanted to know in case it really is defective, then i can contact HH to see if there's anyway i can get another shell. otherwise, ill have to make do with this final sale item! thanks :smile:

I got the medium, I was wondering if I should have gotten the small, because the top part is big. I have the same top measurements as you. I too heard a little rip sound when I put my shell on. Nothing was actually ripped, it just stretched it out a little. I know their sizing is all over the place and it seems like their clothes are made for people who are small breasted.

hm, thanks for your input! yeah, i thought the top part in M would be too big for me cause the S is just right. i need like an M shell and an S top layer, lol! sometimes dress shopping is such a pain cause im a 6 on top, and 2 on bottom. oh well, i can make do i think!

LOL, I heard that same little rip! I'm a size 4-6, generally a small, and this is tight at the waist, though wearable. I will not wear the shell alone, it reveals things I'd rather not have the general population know about. But yes, this dress runs small in the waist.

I received mine today, too. I tried it on and heard the same rip. My shell also feels tight around the elastic part. I wonder if it will give a little over time? And, um yeah, I am not wearing the shell by itself. But, I do love it all together!

LOL.. my dress ripped too when I put it on.. the shell went ripppppp as well.. I didn't look to see if there are any holes, I assumed it was the elastic stretching out.. I'm not too worried though because I will NOT be wearing that shell by itself, it is NOT FORGIVING like the top layer is!

This is hilarious!! I don't have mine yet, but I'll be sure to stretch it out by hand before trying it on, because my heart always stops when I hear a rippp and don't know where it came from. ;)

Too funny! I heard a rip as well as I was pulling it over my head! I finally got the darn thing on, but I had to pull it over ONE boob at a time! LOL! This dress definitely runs small... though I'm thankful for all the "extra" fabric on top - I'm making use of that!

hehe, so funny. I ordered two Thea dresses in small and I heard multiple rips when I was putting on the slip. Thankfully (???? or NOT ) I'm very small chested so it fit but it does run small. I would never be able to wear just the slip...

Just gave my sister a Thea for her birthday (maybe modeling shots later in the week). My sister had virtually no body fat and wears a 2-4. The underdress/shell in a small is VERY snug on her top.
Her partner liked it though!