The WoC - Wallet on Chain thread

I love mine! I typically use it when traveling to a larger city where I want to be hands free and often wear it under my coat for added security.

I use the cc slots so I have no issues with it holding my phone, keys, small pillbox for my meds, lipstick.

I also love the longer strap length.

Reactions: Kendie26 and Rani
Held out against it for the longest time but due to wise influence from others I have added the camellia caviar woc with SHW to my collection. I would only have one on my collection and wouldn’t add more though because I will Only plan on using it during occasions like travel or when I need a super discreet and light weight bag, not for daily. This is because I switch bags a lot - sometimes more than once or twice a day and I use the compact chanel snap button card case and the chanel round coin-case to easily swap bags with my essentials. The woc for me would require me taking out my few cards each time and put them back into a card case or vice versa if I switch between woc to mini, ML, etc. and that would hinder me from switching bags because I’m lazy and hate time spent on things like this as I’ve gotten my bag switching / rotating routine method into an art form :lol:

However I definitely want to have/keep one for those special perks that the woc is outstanding for those purposes/occasions.

Got for it! As others have noted, I too love my WOCs. I have 3 - 2 lambskin classics (one in black, the other in silver) and a season stylet that expands and can hold a bit more. They are wonderful to bring along when traveling or when going out dancing, etc.

Reactions: Rani
I loved my coral coloured boy WOC in lambskin from the Cuba collection I bought last year, until I realized the dye had rubbed off at the corners and have had a terrible experience with the Chanel boutique in Vancouver. I'll paste my experience down below. Has anyone else had quality issues/problems with their WOC?

In June-ish of 2017 I bought a beautiful coral coloured WOC in lambskin from the Chanel boutique in Calgary. As I had been quite busy, working, out of town, etc., I only ended up using the bag three times between June and the end of November, 2017. When I took it off my shelf to use it at the end of Nov, I noticed the bag was discoloured to a beige-ish colour at the corners of the flap and at the base. I took it into the Vancouver boutique and both SAs I dealt with (including their manager of leather goods) were like "oh thats so weird, the dye looks like it has rubbed off." All of them acknowledged that that shouldn't be happening, but One of the SAs tried to low key accuse me of rubbing my bag against something which would have resulted in the dye rubbing off, and also stated "well it is lambskin, you have to be careful with it"

I know that This is NOT a result of me mistreating the bag as (I only used it THREE TIMES), It was stored properly on my shelf and I take good care of my things. The few times I wore it were for fancier evenings out, for a few hours max, and I certainly did not place the bag on the floor or have it rub against things.

So they sent out my bag for repair and told me they would call me next week and give me an estimated date of when it'd be back. I never received that call. Because it was December, I never called them back to follow up. Several weeks later I got a voicemail saying the vendor wasn't able to repair my bag as the colour is too unique and so my bag was ready for pickup. So basically, they were going to return my defective bag back to me unrepaired. I called them back and asked to speak with the boutique manager as I obviously did not want to take back a defective bag. I was told she's out of town and would call me next Friday when she was back. I never received that call back either.

A week after I was supposed to receive a call from the Vancouver boutique manager and Never did, I went into the store and asked for the manager. I was told she was not there that day, nor was my bag as they had sent it out for repair. I told the SA that I had received a call telling me my bag was ready for pickup. She said hold on, I will get the assistant manager for you. 10 minutes later, another SA came up to me and said that yes, my bag had been returned to the boutique which was when I received the call, but then they sent it out again to see if a different vendor could repair it (without telling me). I asked her why the boutique manager never returned my call as I was told she would, and she had no answer for me. I asked her if, as the assistant manager, she can provide me with any other options regarding this bag, and she looked at me with a weird look and said she's not the assistant manager, she is just another SA that works in operations who the previous SA had passed off this issue onto.

Recently I just received another voicemail stating the second vendor was unable to fix the bag as well, and has returned the bag back to the boutique. She said they will now be sending it out again to another vendor to try again.

At no point was I ever rude or angry or anything with any of the staff, I have always been polite and accepting of their suggestions for repair even though I've been very frustrated with their atrocious service. At this point I don't even want the bag back, I'd rather have a refund or store credit and not have to deal with this issue anymore but I can't seem to be put in contact with the manager. This was my first Chanel purchase and I'm just so disappointed in both the quality of the bag and the customer service I've received. Again I have not been rude or impatient with them but I don't want to just accept them flying my bag all over the country for months in attempt to have them attempt to repair what was clearly their defect in manufacturing. Not really sure what to do at this point

I loved my coral coloured boy WOC in lambskin from the Cuba collection I bought last year, until I realized the dye had rubbed off at the corners and have had a terrible experience with the Chanel boutique in Vancouver. I'll paste my experience down below. Has anyone else had quality issues/problems with their WOC?

In June-ish of 2017 I bought a beautiful coral coloured WOC in lambskin from the Chanel boutique in Calgary. As I had been quite busy, working, out of town, etc., I only ended up using the bag three times between June and the end of November, 2017. When I took it off my shelf to use it at the end of Nov, I noticed the bag was discoloured to a beige-ish colour at the corners of the flap and at the base. I took it into the Vancouver boutique and both SAs I dealt with (including their manager of leather goods) were like "oh thats so weird, the dye looks like it has rubbed off." All of them acknowledged that that shouldn't be happening, but One of the SAs tried to low key accuse me of rubbing my bag against something which would have resulted in the dye rubbing off, and also stated "well it is lambskin, you have to be careful with it"

I know that This is NOT a result of me mistreating the bag as (I only used it THREE TIMES), It was stored properly on my shelf and I take good care of my things. The few times I wore it were for fancier evenings out, for a few hours max, and I certainly did not place the bag on the floor or have it rub against things.

So they sent out my bag for repair and told me they would call me next week and give me an estimated date of when it'd be back. I never received that call. Because it was December, I never called them back to follow up. Several weeks later I got a voicemail saying the vendor wasn't able to repair my bag as the colour is too unique and so my bag was ready for pickup. So basically, they were going to return my defective bag back to me unrepaired. I called them back and asked to speak with the boutique manager as I obviously did not want to take back a defective bag. I was told she's out of town and would call me next Friday when she was back. I never received that call back either.

A week after I was supposed to receive a call from the Vancouver boutique manager and Never did, I went into the store and asked for the manager. I was told she was not there that day, nor was my bag as they had sent it out for repair. I told the SA that I had received a call telling me my bag was ready for pickup. She said hold on, I will get the assistant manager for you. 10 minutes later, another SA came up to me and said that yes, my bag had been returned to the boutique which was when I received the call, but then they sent it out again to see if a different vendor could repair it (without telling me). I asked her why the boutique manager never returned my call as I was told she would, and she had no answer for me. I asked her if, as the assistant manager, she can provide me with any other options regarding this bag, and she looked at me with a weird look and said she's not the assistant manager, she is just another SA that works in operations who the previous SA had passed off this issue onto.

Recently I just received another voicemail stating the second vendor was unable to fix the bag as well, and has returned the bag back to the boutique. She said they will now be sending it out again to another vendor to try again.

At no point was I ever rude or angry or anything with any of the staff, I have always been polite and accepting of their suggestions for repair even though I've been very frustrated with their atrocious service. At this point I don't even want the bag back, I'd rather have a refund or store credit and not have to deal with this issue anymore but I can't seem to be put in contact with the manager. This was my first Chanel purchase and I'm just so disappointed in both the quality of the bag and the customer service I've received. Again I have not been rude or impatient with them but I don't want to just accept them flying my bag all over the country for months in attempt to have them attempt to repair what was clearly their defect in manufacturing. Not really sure what to do at this point

I'm so sorry about your experience with the Vancouver boutique. I, too, think that they are sub par and was really annoyed with them when I purchased an item there last summer. I am not from Canada, but do travel there quite often for business and do purchase items when I see something that I like. I have purchased things from this location a few times and I notice that the SAs are not very friendly nor are they helpful. I hope your WOC situation gets resolved quickly.

As for the OP's original question, I have a WOC that I mainly use when I travel, I bring it with me when traveling mostly domestically. I can't use it as an everyday bag as I have my keys in a LV 6 ring key holder and it is quite bulky. I end up taking out my most used cards and cash and put it all in the zippered pocket. The main compartment holds my phone, my flat card holder, and a chapstick. I know I could potentially put in more things, but I don't want it to be bulky. Do I love my WOC? No, I don't love it. I do LIKE it a lot as it is very light, compact, and easy to use. Would I buy another one? No, I wouldn't. Would I recommend it? Yes, I would. I must also add that I have the reissue one in calfskin and I do not baby it at all. It is still in pristine condition with no scratches or rubbed off leather on the corners. It has taken a beating more than a few times, but it has still held up really well. My trip to CA a few weeks ago, she was squished inside my LC carry on bag and I didn't even care. She was perfectly fine...

Here here :biggrin:
I sold mine thinking I didn't need it (and the shorter flap wouldn't close properly on my key pouch) and then found myself looking for a convenient small crossbody purse while on going out in a beach resort or when going to a concert or at the airport...So the WOC is back (with a longer flap) and now is very loved :heart: