The WoC - Wallet on Chain thread

Received this beauty in the mail today!! So in love with this color, had to jump off ban island for it. View attachment 3777608
This is my first WoC so I'm curious, is it normal for the edges of the chain to be this raw? View attachment 3777609
One more for comparison in the shade vs sun.View attachment 3777614

This is pretty and if you are like me you may really really hate to run the risk of parting with it and maybe having to wait for another but OMG these straps are not right. My suggestion is Exchange it for another. This is unacceptable and I could foresee all kinds of terrible issues with these straps in the future☹️

Reactions: Clathrin
This is simply gorgeous. Would you mind sharing the style number? Also is it from the latest fall season? Gosh I'm in love! Truly I had not seen anything I really wanted lately from Chanel until I saw your boy woc with the chain!

Thank you!! I felt the exact same way when my SA sent me the photos. I was on the fence about other WOC's that were presented to me, but as soon as I saw this I KNEW it was the one. Here's the style #! 17A A83222Y33039. Also confirming this is from the latest season :smile:

Oh my! That is beautiful...I think I have a new fav to search for... :smile:

Would you mind providing the code so I can search for it that way at my local Chanel? Thank you in advance.

Here you go Mia, it's truly stunning, picture does not do its justice. When I was at 31 Rue Cambon, my lovely SA showed me the display bag which was 4 days old, the Color looks more purple than its fresh out of the box. ( we even took the bag outside to see it's true Color) He said it will look like that with use.
The chain has a very matt finish.

Also worth to mention that the caviar is more refined than its usual texture.

IMG_1501246828.444319.jpg
IMG_1501246846.365666.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go Mia, it's truly stunning, picture does not do its justice. When I was at 31 Rue Cambon, my lovely SA showed me the display bag which was 4 days old, the Color looks more purple than its fresh out of the box. ( we even took the bag outside to see it's true Color) He said it will look like that with use.
The chain has a very matt finish.

Also worth to mention that the caviar is more refined than its usual texture.

View attachment 3778063
View attachment 3778064

THANK YOU!

That close up picture makes it look even better. I like the look of this in caviar too. I will be able to visit the local Chanel on Monday (I try to stay away from busy stores on weekends) and will provide the code and see if they can get it for me. Thank you very much for providing this code for me, plus the oh-so-enabled-me picture. :smile:

Reactions: jiangjiang
Received this beauty in the mail today!! So in love with this color, had to jump off ban island for it. View attachment 3777608
This is my first WoC so I'm curious, is it normal for the edges of the chain to be this raw? View attachment 3777609
One more for comparison in the shade vs sun.View attachment 3777614

Quoting for reference to what I'm talking about. I heard back from my SA and she said it's supposed to look that way. If any of you ladies/gents have the same WoC, would you mind PM'ing me pictures of your chain? TIA!

Quoting for reference to what I'm talking about. I heard back from my SA and she said it's supposed to look that way. If any of you ladies/gents have the same WoC, would you mind PM'ing me pictures of your chain? TIA!
I'm looking for the *face palm emoticon* right now.
I don't think so.....
send it back...
I don't have a WOC, but I know shoddy work when I see it.....

Omg....what the heck? Tell your SA to wear it and go up and down the escalator to see if she makes it out a live .... ca--pow in the face.

IMG_1501476464.616622.jpg

Do anyone of you have this problem with ur lambskin WOC back pocket? The leather starts to peel and according to Chanel they are unable to repair it. Do you think sending to bag spa will help to restore to origins condition? I'm so upset!!! :sad:

Reactions: Acctt
View attachment 3781079

Do anyone of you have this problem with ur lambskin WOC back pocket? The leather starts to peel and according to Chanel they are unable to repair it. Do you think sending to bag spa will help to restore to origins condition? I'm so upset!!! :sad:
First off, have you tried putting a little leather conditioner on it such as Cadillac? It can be purchased in the shoes and handbag department of Nordstrom. If that doesn't work, I'd take it into a high-end handbag and shoe cobbler and they should be able to fix it for you without a problem. It doesn't look that bad and it seems you caught it before it got any worse :smile:

My first WOC - The WOC Boy in Black Caviar from the pre fall 17 collection.

I draw huge inspirations from this thread and finally get to get myself one today. I have a medium and jumbo classic so thought a Boy WOC will add more variety.

I called 6 London boutiques and none of them had it in caviar. The last one I called fortunately has it and when I see her in store; my goodness she's beautiful.

I have many caviar items from Chanel but I absolutely love this new soft matte caviar on the WOC. I feel very fortunate to be able to find this! So beautiful it makes my heart sings!

Attachments

• exif_temp_image.jpg
    exif_temp_image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,941
My first WOC - The WOC Boy in Black Caviar from the pre fall 17 collection.

I draw huge inspirations from this thread and finally get to get myself one today. I have a medium and jumbo classic so thought a Boy WOC will add more variety.

I called 6 London boutiques and none of them had it in caviar. The last one I called fortunately has it and when I see her in store; my goodness she's beautiful.

I have many caviar items from Chanel but I absolutely love this new soft matte caviar on the WOC. I feel very fortunate to be able to find this! So beautiful it makes my heart sings!
Wow!! This is really stunning!! Congrats on waiting for your perfect Woc. It really does look so beautiful!!

Reactions: Annabel's
Hello, I found this woc preloved from my local reseller. I believe it's from 2014 collection, not sure about the season though. I'm considering to get it.
What do you think about the metallic calfskin leather? Is it prone to be peeled and get color transfer? Is it hard to maintain and take care of? I have never own any of the metallic calfskin from Chanel. It will be my second chanel purchase after the 17B mini rectangle :biggrin: So, what do guys think? 01_2951bf6a-d097-4a95-8062-430043bd01a5.jpg

I found the same one from yoogi's closet https://www.yoogiscloset.com/handbags/chanel-metallic-gold-stitch-leather-cc-woc-clutch-bag.html

TIA :heart:

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,876