The value of a good relationship with your SA

How often do you talk to your SA?
weekly? once a month?
when you want something (bag) .. in June. for instance.
when do you tell her? a month before?
Thank you

This will vary per person. In the beginning I would make all my purchases through my SA and text her every time I was thinking of coming by the store to see if she would be there. Whenever I'm at the store, just be friendly and get to know her as a person.

Over time I text her about anything LV related - sometimes random pics of my LV stuff as I'm traveling or "did you see the new Men's collection?!".

Every now and then I would buy edibles (cookies, cakes, etc) to bring to the store for her and her coworkers to show my appreciation - especially if she was able to secure something for me that was hard to get or she recently way above and beyond for me.

Aside from the tactics here, I think it's important to emphasize that the intention behind this is to build a real friendship with your SA. They're people so get to know them beyond their job. So if you don't get along with a certain SA, find someone you do click with.

Hiii!

How often do you talk to your SA?
weekly? once a month?
when you want something (bag) .. in June. for instance.
when do you tell her? a month before?
Thank you
It really depends on when the SKU comes out for the bag you want. I would ask on tpf as people here somehow magically know SKUs before they even appear in stores’ computers! Depending on the item, SKU may come out far before delivery date. For example, men’s titanium products are orderable back in late Jan/ early Feb and delivery time isn’t until July/ Aug. Other men’s bags’ SKUs from FW 18 collection won’t be out until May which is to be delivered in July... although again, some of the SKUs have been leaked on tpf already. So if you anticipate a bag that comes out in June, I would at least get in touch with your SA in April. Ask around on tpf now as the SKU may have already been out and the time of you put in your order is crucial in terms of waiting list. Although if you are a big spender at your store, the waiting list is obviously arbitrary as with any retail business like LV.

As for cozy up to your SA, just imagine yourself being the said SA. Do you want to fight with other SA for that IT bag for a person who bought one charm from you a year ago and suddenly appear again and want the hottest bag of the season? I mean they are human like rest of us. Any type of friendly relationship always take time. Think of him/her like your hairdresser. If you are as close with your hairdresser as with your LV SA, I’m sure your SA will fight for that IT bag for you even though you only bought that one single charm from her/him a year ago. It’s not always about the large sum of money you spend (obviously that helps), but more about the genuine connection you have with the SA. Hope this helps and good luck with getting the bag you are eyeing!

I find it a little hard to make a relationship with an SA. To date, I've purchased two purses and several SLGs from the same store, but each purchase has been with any SA that's been free to help. I don't make really expensive purchases either, the "largest" being my Siena PM. The exotics or more pricey bags don't really tickle my fancy, especially the it bags.

I do try to make conversation though and just treat any SA that works with me kindly. Other than that, I just float along. I've only recently realized how nice it be to have a relationship with an SA. I'd love to get my hands on two small items from the SS18 line (zippy coin purse and bag charm)

I find it a little hard to make a relationship with an SA. To date, I've purchased two purses and several SLGs from the same store, but each purchase has been with any SA that's been free to help. I don't make really expensive purchases either, the "largest" being my Siena PM. The exotics or more pricey bags don't really tickle my fancy, especially the it bags.

I do try to make conversation though and just treat any SA that works with me kindly. Other than that, I just float along. I've only recently realized how nice it be to have a relationship with an SA. I'd love to get my hands on two small items from the SS18 line (zippy coin purse and bag charm)

I'm the same. I only have one bag and some SLGs so far and I don't foresee myself buying too often. Of all the pieces I bought, they had been with whoever was at the store and available to help. In the beginning, I did try to build a relationship with the SA who I bought the bag from, but when I emailed her about some SLG and mini bags that I wanted to buy, she never responded. I felt like I was making more of an effort to build that relationship than the SA themselves.

Reactions: orangefeast
GUYS!! thank you soo much for sharing your opinion [emoji7]
What does SKU mean?
Stock Keeping Unit. It identifies a particular product. For example, N47516 will bring you to a cosmetic pouch in DE. It makes it a lot easier to find a particular item.

I'm the same. I only have one bag and some SLGs so far and I don't foresee myself buying too often. Of all the pieces I bought, they had been with whoever was at the store and available to help. In the beginning, I did try to build a relationship with the SA who I bought the bag from, but when I emailed her about some SLG and mini bags that I wanted to buy, she never responded. I felt like I was making more of an effort to build that relationship than the SA themselves.
I don't see myself buying bags too often either. I think purchase frequency plays a factor, but given that I save to buy pieces, frequency isn't something I have.
I've been in the store for 3 times in the past week and each time it was with a different SA. I do see familiar faces but of course, whoever's free comes to help. I don't even have any form of contact information for any of the previous SAs I've been helped by. And I definitely agree with there being more effort from the client than the SA. Essentially, I think it's us that needs them, especially if we want to be first in mind to be contact when that "it" bag comes in.

I have to agree that having a good relationship with your SA makes LV purchase experience even better. I have been quite fortunate to have 2 awesome SAs. 1 in my home country (I recently moved to the US). And 1 here. They’re both amazing!

I am not a big spender either. I only buy when there’s a special occasion (bday, anniversaries, xmas, promotions or something) or if there’s something LE that I really really like.

My home country SA always offers me and the hubs champagne or drinks while waiting especially when the store is busy. I only go when she’s there. She even gives me a handwritten bday cards like close friends do.

When i want something and they don’t have it in stock, she orders it for me. If they get new stuff and see something i might like. She sends me pictures of it and will put aside anything i would like to see in person. If have any issues with my bag, she takes care of it, with no judgement. I miss her!

Luckily, when i made my first big purchase here in the US for my birthday, i found my new LV angel.

I entered the store and walked up to the first SA who genuinely smiled at me. He was so friendly. I showed him a list of 6 bags i want to see and i told him it was my first time buying this city and it’s my birthday. He patiently brought everything out and served me and the hubs champagne .

The following day after my purchase while preparing to use my new bag for the first time. I noticed scratches on the leather and texted my new SA about it and sent pictures. He said he’ll order a replacement one for me and that I should enjoy my bday bag while i wait since it’s going to be sent back as defect anyways. (I didn’t. Too scared to use it) i changed my mind and wanted a different bag that unfortunately is not available in store. He ordered one for me and in 2 days i have my new bag on hand!

Whew! That was a long one! Sorry! I just wanted to share some examples on how different your LV experience can be when u treat your SA as a friend even when you are not a big spender or a VIC [emoji4]

Though this thread is a little bit older, I recently thought about this topic too because of my latest experience.

My old SA resigned, so I don't have any specific SA anymore. I've been to the store three times the last three weeks and got everytime another SA. The first two SA were really passive, didn't take any interest nor bothered with me. The second one nearly shoved me out of the door as I couldn't decide right away on a bag. I understand that they have to sell as many bags as possible, but I think it should be possible to just look and decide later on. The third SA was nice and shared his honest opinion if the bag suited me or not and suggested some other models to try on. He even dealt with me more than an hour. After I made my purchase he said I should text him my number and name and come back soon. Though he also hinted that he doesn't know how long he will work there.

That said, I think it is difficult to form a relationship, because most SA resign after a few years (especially the young ones) and I am not the person who visits the LV store frequently or have the money to buy bags every few months, plus I don't need 20 bags. Since my nearest LV store is more than one hour away, I buy when I am there for a business trip or something like that and can't schedule my time plan in accordance if the SA is available or has a day off.

The thing I learned from my experience this time is that the whole shopping experience depends so much on the SA you work with.
If you have some requests or have issues with your bag, it is really useful to have a good relationship with an specific SA. I experienced that you will be treated better if they know you.

I see no issue with this?!
I am like this, It's not about spending power but rather than taste.
I do only purchase 1 -2 seasonal bags yearly.

They are times some seasonal bags are hard to get and calling the main line to locate the bag and was told there is only 1 piece and it could be reserved.
True enough, It was but that SA I went to into the store said yes that bag is on hold for my VIP client but if you really want it, I'll give it to you instead.

Respecting the SA is important, make them feel your sincerity and appreciation.
At times, certain SA will tell you, I think this is better or this upcoming color is easier to match etc, they don't force purchases on you.
This above is just my personal experience and 2 cents only.
[/QUOTE]
As for cozy up to your SA, just imagine yourself being the said SA. Do you want to fight with other SA for that IT bag for a person who bought one charm from you a year ago and suddenly appear again and want the hottest bag of the season?

Sadly the CA I’ve worked with is leaving! He did introduce me to another CA without me having to ask, so hopefully this new person will be just as awesome. I’m done with major purchases for this year, but will probably buy something small (that’s been on my wishlist) to establish a relationship with the new person.

I have a friend that doesn’t care about having a relationship with a CA, but I think it definitely helps to have a familiar face in the store to get hard to find items like the mini pochette. I don’t really get perks, but getting hard to find items are good enough for me!