The VALISETTE (Mini Luggage) Club!

Yay! Congrats! In my country the official launch of the ‘2021 Valisette was literally 2 days ago, on August, 28. I‘ll be picking up mine with vachette VVN trim this Tuesday :nuts: (hope all goes well). Basically caught it completely by chance in the LV app, and the CA said that we are getting a very limited release; only 2 stores out of 4 in my city carry it. I SO can’t wait:yahoo:
Thank you and congrats to you too on your future valisette! I shop at a flagship in my area and they only had one of these in the black leather trim which is why I jumped at it right away. I’m thinking this piece will be limited similar to the valisette bb that came out back in 2019.

So, this week I picked up the Valisette :happydance: I absolutely love it! :love: Now, I must say that in this ‘2021 edition LV did simplify the structure and some details compared to the ‘2019 edition, but at the same time the bag became very easy to use/handle (as, seemingly, opposed to the ‘2019, which was beautiful and but a pain to handle) - so, this ‘2021 edition is an extremely cute bag not an extremely cute toy. The structure is not rigid (hence the “souple” in its name), meaning there is no rigid internal backing material, but the piping all over and vachette corners make it very much hold its shape, and the canvas is not thin. The lining is a relatively thick fabric (not microfibre) which doesn’t feel like I’ll be needing an insert. The width seems to be quite perfect that the bottom won’t sag irrespective of what’s put inside. The zipper is right in the middle and goes down to about 1/3 of the height, so, unlike the ‘2019, the bag can be carried open, and you don’t need to fully unzip to get in as was in the rigid ‘2019 valisette. The handle is a “common” toron, unlike the puffy luggage-style handle on the ‘2019, which now does look more simple - but this new shape allows the handle to stand upright (at least until the leather relaxes) or lay flat over the zipper (which might hamper the use of the zipper) or equally lay down over the opposite side (though, at an angle, not flat down) if I choose to wear it that opposite side out (which has no D-ring for the clochette but incidentally has a “LV made in France” stamp on one of the vachette corners). The bag is pretty light and shouldn’t pull on the shoulder/neck, although the removable chain will add some weight, obviously. The shoulder strap does run short if adjusted to the perfect length (when it looks the best and one end fits under that whats-it-called stripe of leather that holds ends on belts or straps) - at this adjustment it is more of a shoulder strap, but could be worn cross-body on short people (like me) to sit rather high (to today’s fashion, I must say). But the strap could be adjusted several holes longer, however the end won’t fit under that stripe which is sewn into its place. Also, the chain can be used as an extender - folded twice makes a lower sitting cross-body, unfolded will sit too low on me but would be great for a tall person.
Here’s the current Valisette on LV site: https://fr.louisvuitton.com/fra-fr/produits/sac-valisette-souple-bb-damier-ebene-nvprod3100087v - if anyone‘s interested, just switch the “pays de livraison” to your country and it’ll show availability, or use the model number (N50065) to search the LV app or message your SA.
It’s been raining a lot, so I haven’t yet used my new beauty, and I’m too exhausted to make special just-to-post modshots. Also, kinda worried if I should post close-ups… you know, in order not to let the bad people see the details of this new bag and make knock-offs. I don’t know how to lessen the resolution of photos to post here.

So, this week I picked up the Valisette :happydance: I absolutely love it! :love: Now, I must say that in this ‘2021 edition LV did simplify the structure and some details compared to the ‘2019 edition, but at the same time the bag became very easy to use/handle (as, seemingly, opposed to the ‘2019, which was beautiful and but a pain to handle) - so, this ‘2021 edition is an extremely cute bag not an extremely cute toy. The structure is not rigid (hence the “souple” in its name), meaning there is no rigid internal backing material, but the piping all over and vachette corners make it very much hold its shape, and the canvas is not thin. The lining is a relatively thick fabric (not microfibre) which doesn’t feel like I’ll be needing an insert. The width seems to be quite perfect that the bottom won’t sag irrespective of what’s put inside. The zipper is right in the middle and goes down to about 1/3 of the height, so, unlike the ‘2019, the bag can be carried open, and you don’t need to fully unzip to get in as was in the rigid ‘2019 valisette. The handle is a “common” toron, unlike the puffy luggage-style handle on the ‘2019, which now does look more simple - but this new shape allows the handle to stand upright (at least until the leather relaxes) or lay flat over the zipper (which might hamper the use of the zipper) or equally lay down over the opposite side (though, at an angle, not flat down) if I choose to wear it that opposite side out (which has no D-ring for the clochette but incidentally has a “LV made in France” stamp on one of the vachette corners). The bag is pretty light and shouldn’t pull on the shoulder/neck, although the removable chain will add some weight, obviously. The shoulder strap does run short if adjusted to the perfect length (when it looks the best and one end fits under that whats-it-called stripe of leather that holds ends on belts or straps) - at this adjustment it is more of a shoulder strap, but could be worn cross-body on short people (like me) to sit rather high (to today’s fashion, I must say). But the strap could be adjusted several holes longer, however the end won’t fit under that stripe which is sewn into its place. Also, the chain can be used as an extender - folded twice makes a lower sitting cross-body, unfolded will sit too low on me but would be great for a tall person.
Here’s the current Valisette on LV site: https://fr.louisvuitton.com/fra-fr/produits/sac-valisette-souple-bb-damier-ebene-nvprod3100087v - if anyone‘s interested, just switch the “pays de livraison” to your country and it’ll show availability, or use the model number (N50065) to search the LV app or message your SA.
It’s been raining a lot, so I haven’t yet used my new beauty, and I’m too exhausted to make special just-to-post modshots. Also, kinda worried if I should post close-ups… you know, in order not to let the bad people see the details of this new bag and make knock-offs. I don’t know how to lessen the resolution of photos to post here.

thank you SO much for posting all of these details! You helped me with my research and decision SO MUCH.

Guys, a small update on the Valisette with vachette VVN trim, i.e. the newer pre-treated vachette. I decided to “pretreat” the vachette before I start really using it. I always have moisturizer on my hands, which is non-negotiable, in daytime also with sunscreen, so the leather handles on my bags do need special attention. Ok, to the point. This was surprising: all the vachette trim on the valisette is truly pretreated and did not take any moisture from the wipes I was using (like, non) but for the toron handle which behaved basically almost like the ordinary vachette and took in moisture easily. Now, with the strap it was even more surprising: the shorter part behaved like the fully pretreated vachette while the longer part behaved like the handle and took in moisture pretty easily. So, I guess the same would be true for taking in dirt etc. Take from this info what you will :smartass:

Reactions: CAcker01
Guys, a small update on the Valisette with vachette VVN trim, i.e. the newer pre-treated vachette. I decided to “pretreat” the vachette before I start really using it. I always have moisturizer on my hands, which is non-negotiable, in daytime also with sunscreen, so the leather handles on my bags do need special attention. Ok, to the point. This was surprising: all the vachette trim on the valisette is truly pretreated and did not take any moisture from the wipes I was using (like, non) but for the toron handle which behaved basically almost like the ordinary vachette and took in moisture easily. Now, with the strap it was even more surprising: the shorter part behaved like the fully pretreated vachette while the longer part behaved like the handle and took in moisture pretty easily. So, I guess the same would be true for taking in dirt etc. Take from this info what you will :smartass:
Thanks for the info. This is so nice to know. Now, I’m just wondering why some parts are pre treated and some aren’t?! Did they forget to do all vachette?! :confused1:

Thanks for the info. This is so nice to know. Now, I’m just wondering why some parts are pre treated and some aren’t?! Did they forget to do all vachette?! :confused1:
Well, given that the color is totally uniform on all trim parts, the handle and the strap (at least as much as I can discern with naked eyes), the difference can only be in the tanning process - either the particular tanning solution or the tanning procedure. I don’t think there’s a place for forgetfulness. It must be either different manufacturing lines/facilities that make different trim parts, and in this case it would be certainly a lack of the process uniformity and quality control, which is bad. Or there might hypothetically be some idea behind this - perhaps the characteristics of leather on the most used parts (the handle, the longer part of the strap) demands that it be tanned/cured differently. Time will tell, I guess, if that was a QC omission or a bright idea. So far I’m not remotely worried.

It looks great on you! Thank you so much.

thanks! it's a great bag and really fits a lot considering its size. i love that it can be shoulder, hand, or cross body carried!

i was carrying my speedy 22 everyday but i was worried about damaging the lambskin so switched to this as my everyday bag and i really love it a lot!! i hope you get one!! do you like the black or vachetta? both are so cute.