The Undoing (HBO)

I really hope it is not either child. But, with Jonathan’s dna all over the place, I wonder. Looking forward to Ep 5.
They say tv critics were given scripts for only episodes 1-5, so even they don’t know the ending.

Reactions: Tivo
Jonathan’s mother is something with her correction of grammar. I wonder if she’s a reliable narrator of Jonathan’s childhood? Maybe just an example of how off his whole family is. Which could include his children, but I will be very upset if a child is the killer.

I tend to side with the mother in law. Jonathan is just too weird. I know people who are remorseless and guiltless around me, they feel nothing. And they exhibit the same traits Jonathan does. It's really scary.

Perhaps Henry has inherited Jonathan's psychosis and even maybe grandpa's cruelty. It's not entirely impossible just because we all want to think children are born good and sweet. And in this child's mind, he thinks if Elena is out of the picture, his parents will go back to normal...

This is really sad. It's really, really sad. What is Grace going to do now? :confused1: :sick::shocked::confused1:

Last edited:
Initially, I had high hopes for this series. Episodes 4 & 5 are disappointing due to lack of character development and distracting camera angles. Hayley is right — the prosecution did not build a proper case against the weird Jonathan. He may have done the crime, but there is reasonable doubt.

The MIL could get the Mommy Dearest award — sheesh, she leaves her 4 yr old daughter with a 14 yr old while she parties? Then she blames the son for the death? Why? Unless he left the door open, how is it his fault? If the 4 yr old needed 24/7 monitoring, then she should have paid for a sitter. Perhaps instead of “waiting for Jonathan to show his grief”, she could have been proactive, sought help for him, etc. She has not seen her DIL for years and she feels comfortable in correcting her grammar??? when she is speaking about how they are doing??? That is not just rude, it is mentally unbalanced. A long scene to show what we already knew - Jonathan is disturbed.

My verdict: More effort on the script, less emphasis on the wig and the coats.

I h
I tend to side with the mother in law. Jonathan is just too weird. I know people who are remorseless and guiltless around me, they feel nothing. And they exhibit the same traits Jonathan does. It's really scary.

Perhaps Henry has inherited Jonathan's psychosis and even maybe grandpa's cruelty. It's not entirely impossible just because we all want to think children are born good and sweet. And in this child's mind, he thinks if Elena is out of the picture, his parents will go back to normal...

This is really sad. It's really, really sad. What is Grace going to do now? :confused1: :sick::shocked::confused1:

In retrospect, it all made sense. H was obsessed with media coverage throughout this episode and that weird scene at the restaurant where he was so eager for his parents to get back to normal and move on past the affair and even get a dog.

However...

I hope H wasn’t the killer. How would a child sneak away to Elena’s studio while his parents were at the school benefit? Was no one babysitting him while they were out? How did he manage not to get blood on his clothes, which Grace would’ve noticed when she did his laundry? How did the detectives miss the murder weapon when they searched the apartment? Too many plot holes. Maybe H hid the hammer to protect whoever committed the murder, but I don’t think it was him.

Reactions: RueMonge