The Ultimate Chloe Susan/Susanna/Suzanna Studded Boots thread

Congrats!! They’re absolutely gorgeous! The white makes the style stand out so much ❤️

Hi everyone! I am in need of some advice I’m debating on taking the leap with a pair of the the black leather/gold hardware but worried about the rubbing and blistering I’ve read on some of the reviews. Do they need breaking in? I’m planning on wearing them on holiday in the UK end of Sept, would that be a good idea given the amount of waking? Thanks in advance for the help!
I have not experienced rubbing or a breaking in period with any of mine.

I can finally join the club!! Got them in a size down and it fits like a glove! Tried my usual size (35.5) and needed to use addition insoles which were a no go for me :smile: can’t wait to wear them!!
3C9D59B9-8AA0-43B4-941E-D8061AA5E6F2.jpeg
Question: are they easily damaged by the rain? We’re still getting ‘summer showers’ where I live and I’m hesitant to test them out thanks! Or any suggestions for ‘waterproofing’ them without damaging the brass?!

I can finally join the club!! Got them in a size down and it fits like a glove! Tried my usual size (35.5) and needed to use addition insoles which were a no go for me :smile: can’t wait to wear them!!
View attachment 4196444
Question: are they easily damaged by the rain? We’re still getting ‘summer showers’ where I live and I’m hesitant to test them out thanks! Or any suggestions for ‘waterproofing’ them without damaging the brass?!
congratulations!! I honestly don’t wear mine in rainy weather so I can’t really respond.

Reactions: realcoachlover
View attachment 4196444

I’ve worn mine in the rain and no issues so far!

Reactions: realcoachlover
Perfect! Have fun and maybe post some pictures so we can see your beauties in action:smile:!
❤️❤️❤️ ... LoL, not exactly in action but loving this pic! Wore them 3-4 days during my trip and they were a dream! Got a bit snugged near the end of the day but still bearable :smile: And luckily I didn’t get caught out in the rain, whew! Totally worth the investment and foresee that I’m gonna get great costs per wear!
89BC6BAA-45DC-4372-85A9-E37A420E1724.jpeg

Seriously considering letting go of my red Susannas :sad:
I love them but they're barely worn - too bright/loud for me perhaps ...?
Opinions appreciated! Should I persist and put them on now and wear them all weekend, or say goodbye and make room for something else? [emoji2]
View attachment 4214215
I have red ones too but they are a bit darker. I wanted to buy the bright red ones but it wasn't in my size. I think if is up to you if you rather sell them to someone who may get more wear out of it.

I like a little pop of color in my wardrobe. These bright red boots with a black suit, with a tan outfit, etc.

Reactions: Straight-Laced
I have red ones too but they are a bit darker. I wanted to buy the bright red ones but it wasn't in my size. I think if is up to you if you rather sell them to someone who may get more wear out of it.

I like a little pop of color in my wardrobe. These bright red boots with a black suit, with a tan outfit, etc.
Thank you for your thoughts ! I think I know the red ones you have. A more muted shade that's probably more versatile than the scarlet.
I wear black, white, grey and denim. Hardly any red, except maybe a scarf or a bag. Green is my red, if you know what I mean :smile:
I'm usually pretty clear about my wardrobe choices, but I'm dithering about these red boots. I think I like the look of them more than I feel comfortable about actually wearing them. But don't want to have any regrets about letting them go.
Thanks for helping me think it through :flowers:

Reactions: meowmix318
Seriously considering letting go of my red Susannas :sad:
I love them but they're barely worn - too bright/loud for me perhaps ...?
Opinions appreciated! Should I persist and put them on now and wear them all weekend, or say goodbye and make room for something else? :smile:
View attachment 4214215
I love my red ones, the same as yours, but am actually considering selling mine too. They are a wonderful pop of color when wearing neutrals but if you think another color would suit you better, I say move them on.

Reactions: am2022
I love my red ones, the same as yours, but am actually considering selling mine too. They are a wonderful pop of color when wearing neutrals but if you think another color would suit you better, I say move them on.
Exactly! Another colour would suit me better than the red, so if only I'd been smart enough to grab a pair of the burgundy leather with gold studs I'm sure I'd be feeling more relaxed about letting the red ones go now :facepalm:
Thinking that I'll let the red pair go and start looking for a replacement pair in a better colour for me.
Thanks rdgldy - that was very helpful :flowers: