The TASSELS!

I know this is an old thread, but I just got my CB Molly and I removed the tassels as soon as I got home. I'm just not a fan of them and my dh hated them so off they went. I was wondering though what do I do with them now? Save them in case I sell the bag down the road or go ahead and get rid of them? I know, personally, I do not want them and I know I won't regret it if I just got rid of them.
So if you removed the tassels what did you do with them?

My husband doesn't like the tassels either, I love them. You could remove them for a bit and see how you feel. Otherwise tell him you love every part of his wonderful Christmas gift.

I know this is an old thread, but I just got my CB Molly and I removed the tassels as soon as I got home. I'm just not a fan of them and my dh hated them so off they went. I was wondering though what do I do with them now? Save them in case I sell the bag down the road or go ahead and get rid of them? I know, personally, I do not want them and I know I won't regret it if I just got rid of them.
So if you removed the tassels what did you do with them?

Attach a key fob to it?

Ok I thought I was the only one that hates the tassels and then I found this thread and see I'm definitely not the only one. I've been carrying my UV Candace all week and really trying hard to like the tassels but they are just not my thing. Think they are coming off!

I not a fan of some of the larger logos, tags etc. and often take them off.

I would never throw them away though because you never know when you might want to sell or give away a bag and it's nice to make it whole again. I just keep them in a box with other purse accessories.

oh totally disagree...just tell him you love everything about the bag and wouldn't change anything. and i swear - give it time - they will grow on him.

i have a small coach bag from like 2004 or soo.....and it had a tassle on the zipper for a pull. i HATED the tassle...i still remember saying to the SA whats with the tassle?? and she said something like - Coach is getting into tassles. We were both confused...anyway, long story - shorter...i cut (gaspsss) the tassle and made it shorter (less noticable)....and i regret it soo much now...it would have been one of the 1st bags with a tassle!!! its a brown suede bag so it just looked too country western for me...but i should have either NOT bought the bag or NOT altered it. Regret!!

if it were me, i would say, i will exchange it for something w/o tassles, or i will leave it alone, but no altering of coach!! neverrrr!! :smile:

I was just pondering this myself. I kept the tassles on my duffle for the first few weeks but I was never super crazy about them. I liked them in the online photo, but not so much IRL and I ended up removing them. But, I do think the duffle needs something decorative so I'm looking for a small sparkly keyfob or something else to adorn the bag. And of course I'm keeping the tassels around in case I change my mind someday! :smile:

Totally put my foot in my mouth. I now have a duffle and I think the tassels are growing on me. I had planned to take them off but now I think I'm going to keep them. Maybe it's because they are pink...

I swear the tassles grow on you!! Thats what i'm saying! I hated HATED the tassle trend, now, if i don't get something with the double tassles...i'm gonna kick myself, i know it!! They are adorable!! But i have to admit, they remind me of the double tassles that used to hang off guys dress shoes back in the day (like the 80's) and they are totalllllllly Prep! They were eventually on girl dress shoes too, but they started on mens shoes. lol