The TASSELS!

abbythefluter

Aug 25, 2011
My wonderful boyfriend bought me a Legacy Signature shoulder penny purse for Christmas. He walked into the store and picked it out himself, I am so proud of him! Immediately when I opened the box, he said, "I have one request. Remove the tassels!"

I showed the bag to a friend and shared this story, to which he replied, "Eww! Listen to the man for once!"

Even my gay best friend was anti-tassel.

So I'm curious, how does everyone here feel about the tassels? Has anyone removed theirs?

JenBmr

May 3, 2011
I love the tassels! It adds something extra to the classic legacy styles.

I'm curious why someone would buy something if they fully didn't like the way it looked?

Jul 21, 2012
No, I love the tassels! For me, they make the legacy line so much more special. I leave the tassels on my Penny too. Luckily with the Penny, the strap comes unhooked so you can slip them off without untying the knot. Enjoy your new Penny, it's a great evening/going out bag!

Oct 17, 2012
Iowa
My wonderful boyfriend bought me a Legacy Signature shoulder penny purse for Christmas. He walked into the store and picked it out himself, I am so proud of him! Immediately when I opened the box, he said, "I have one request. Remove the tassels!"

I showed the bag to a friend and shared this story, to which he replied, "Eww! Listen to the man for once!"

Even my gay best friend was anti-tassel.

So I'm curious, how does everyone here feel about the tassels? Has anyone removed theirs?
My husband is anti-tassle. He did mention something about strippers and tassles! I told him I don't care if he thinks they are dumb!

Lyndsey21

Oct 7, 2012
Southern California
I can kind of agree with your boyfriend about the tassels for the penny. I believe the tassels are the same size as the tassels for the larger legacy bags like tanner and Candace. I think coach should've scaled down the tassels for Penny. Like a little bigger than what's on the large wristlet. Jmo.

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
tpf
When the legacy preview came out I wasn't a fan of the tassels. Thought they looked dated. But when I saw them in person & got my duffle I fell for the tassel look. I think they give the bags that little extra w/out being overdone.
If u like it, keep it on. Ppl are always gonna have their opinions. My dh doesn't "get" half my bags & I don't really care bc I don't get his tools, lol.
IMO it looks very cute on the penny.

Last edited:

mossgirl84

EZ Juney Waffle Dawg
Apr 5, 2012
NoVA
I think my Candace would look naked without the tassels. Plus, you paid for them in the cost of the bag, so why not use them!

Jan 2, 2013
I personally love the tassels. I am getting a duffle and I definitely want to get a different color tassel to go on my cognac duffle. But, everyone has their likes and dislikes. I am just a fan of the simplicity I the legacy line, and the tassels just give it a little something.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
These bags would look too plain without tassels, which are all the rage now. I see them on other brands as well. What do most men know about this stuff anyway? :smile:

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
I didn't care for tassels at first, but I like them now. I use my Penny with and without tassels.

I'm excited about getting more legacy items and alternating the tassels to make colorblock bags. I could also use them on my classic bags. I do this with hangtags too. I have silver, brass, vachetta and others and I want to play with different combinations of hangtags and tassels.

butterflywings5

<3 Coach!!
O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
PA
I was anti-tassel for a long time, and even made the comment someone else did about why buy something that you didn't like completely or would have to alter before you did. Then I bought a wristlet and though, 'ok maybe they aren't so bad.' Then I bought 2 clutches, and for Christmas I received the Candace satchel, so they are growing on me. I do refer to them as the "stupid tassels" though from time to time. :shrugs:

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
Jun 17, 2012
Here's the main consideration... How do YOU like the tassels? Obviously you are the one who will be carrying the bag. Don't worry what anyone else thinks; just enjoy.

ophousewife

May 23, 2012
Near Chicago
I was anti tassel for a while but have grown used to them. The penny should have had smaller tassels though. It just doesnt look proportionate to me. I wouldn't remove them though, the tassels are part of the bag.

TooManyWantMore

LV Content
Dec 11, 2012
I honestly don't like the tassels. I think it may be the reason why I don't like the legacy collection much. They are just so big and to me they look dated (and not in a good way). I know they are supposed to be that way but it's just not my thing. BUT...if you like them, rock them. I love everything about the look of the legacy duffles except for the tassels.

vintagefinds

Jan 9, 2012
I removed the tassels from my Sunflower Candace the second I got it. I think the bag looks classier without it.

But you should do what you love! We're all unique, and it's nice we can make our bags fit our styles.