The Speedy Gonzales Club!

I just bought a New Speedy B 25 from the LV store today. I wonder though, did anyone buy a speedy where the Bandoulière straps came assembled already? I just saw some unboxing videos and everyone’s speedy came with unassembled straps. Mine came all assembled. Just gave me this preloved feeling? Maybe it’s just me, it’s my first in-store experience, I just wanted to see if anyone else had this?

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
It’s possible someone tried it on in the store and that’s how the sales associate put it back. If everything looks good to you, use it and enjoy it. If something looks wrong with the bag then return it. Congratulations on the bag. It’s a great size and easy to use. One of my favorites.

Reactions: Highestcloud
It’s possible someone tried it on in the store and that’s how the sales associate put it back. If everything looks good to you, use it and enjoy it. If something looks wrong with the bag then return it. Congratulations on the bag. It’s a great size and easy to use. One of my favorites.
Thank you! Don’t get me wrong I’m totally gonna keep this bag, I’m utterly in love with my new Speedy B 25. I was just curious to know how it looks when people purchase it in-store.

Attachments

• 5F93142D-4192-46F2-A6F0-76E6E802CF4F.jpeg
    5F93142D-4192-46F2-A6F0-76E6E802CF4F.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,060
Last edited:
My pre-loved Speedy 25 brought her to work with me today. I'm thinking of selling her to get the B25 the strap would definitely come in handy:heart:
View attachment 3908328

Eventhough LV doesn't recommend it, I've used a clip on strap on the handles since my first Speedy 30 decades ago without any noticeable damage. There are a few You Tube reviews on this also.

Reactions: Karina40123
I just bought a New Speedy B 25 from the LV store today. I wonder though, did anyone buy a speedy where the Bandoulière straps came assembled already? I just saw some unboxing videos and everyone’s speedy came with unassembled straps. Mine came all assembled. Just gave me this preloved feeling? Maybe it’s just me, it’s my first in-store experience, I just wanted to see if anyone else had this?

I just bought my first detachable strap bag from LV last month and the SA asked me if I want her to attach the strap already when she pack it and I said no need as it is easy for me to do it. I think maybe some SA just assemble everything when you buy something ;)

Yes, I have. [emoji4]

Demand for the LV Speedy (and some other bags) was so great in the 80s that they had some of their bags made in a "French Company" edition. This bag in your photo is a "French Company" bag. It is very well made, and is my very favorite bags that I own. Here is a photo of mine, bought in the 1980's and still going strong. I did need to replace the zipper last year. LV supported the replacement, but it is so old, that the hardware was difficult to locate in their archives. The leather is not vachetta, but is treated leather. The side zipper clasp is cool. View attachment 3695103
Really glad to hear LV supported the zipper replacement. I just inherited an authentic FC Speedy 30 from my Nana and the zipper is okay, but sticks and the material is a little green around the teeth. I am hoping to take it in soon to be looked at but have heard mixed things on if LV will do anything.

Really glad to hear LV supported the zipper replacement. I just inherited an authentic FC Speedy 30 from my Nana and the zipper is okay, but sticks and the material is a little green around the teeth. I am hoping to take it in soon to be looked at but have heard mixed things on if LV will do anything.

There are some great threads on cleaning a green/sticky zipper if it comes to that.

Reactions: FCLVLegacy
There are some great threads on cleaning a green/sticky zipper if it comes to that.

If the canvas is not torn and IF they can find replacement zipper it can be replaced. It costs about $100. However, it is very difficult to find a zipper. I had my Speedy 30 FC zipper replaced this past year and it was nearly impossible to find a replacement. Go in ASAP.

Here is a photo of my beloved FC Speedy from the 1980’s with new zipper.

View attachment 3922330

Reactions: FCLVLegacy
If the canvas is not torn and IF they can find replacement zipper it can be replaced. It costs about $100. However, it is very difficult to find a zipper. I had my Speedy 30 FC zipper replaced this past year and it was nearly impossible to find a replacement. Go in ASAP.

View attachment 3922330
I think I am going in later today if my husband can get home in time. The canvas is not cracked at all.

Reactions: Purse FanGirl

View attachment 3922330
The manager at the Nashville boutique said they don't do any work on FC for LV at all, no matter what the condition of the piece. He thought my bag was in overall good shape but cautioned from taking it to a third party because of the way the zipper would need to be reinstalled. I asked if he had any cleaning suggestions for the greening of the zipper material and he said no, that in their LV bags they just replace the entire zipper. Is it worth me even attempting a call of the 1-866 number and seeing if I can speak with someone in repair directly? I am still so pleased to have it no matter what.