The Smooshy Mahina Club

I agree about the price. It's always been more than the empriente, but it seems a lot more substantial now. You're suppose to buy what you love and will use, but I always pause knowing that LV leather pieces do not fetch very good prices if you resell. I learned that the hardway:shocked:
I did *not* know that, so thanks for the tip! I do know that Mahina is not very popular, as several SAs told me that. I think the designs are some of the most modern in all of LV, and I imagine many shoppers want a classic look if they don’t buy many luxury bags.

Thank you so much for the info and the pictures! I really appreciate it. It looks like you got black right? I pulled out a few of my other straps on my LV bags that are shorter just to see how it would feel sitting higher on my hip. That helped alot. You're right that the strap it comes with is big and bulky. And, it is a little on the stiff side. Tne new strap looks more soft and pliable? Had you used this seller before?
Yes, I got black. I actually thought this bag strap was black before I finally saw it in the sun, it’s such a dark brown that the black works fine. Yes the strap that comes with it is very stiff and the new one is super soft. I have bought a couple straps from them, they’re great! Smells like leather too.

yep it’s expensive and yep the leather doesn’t hold its value quite as well, but IMO I’m buying a bag to love it and enjoy it, not sell it (I’ve sold some in the past and feel like that’s just a bonus) and I do feel like this bag is high quality and very special! Also because of its color I’m not too worried about babying it like I might with a lighter color.

I do like empreinte leather too, I have one bag in it, but the smell of the mahina! Ahhhhhh

Yes, I got black. I actually thought this bag strap was black before I finally saw it in the sun, it’s such a dark brown that the black works fine. Yes the strap that comes with it is very stiff and the new one is super soft. I have bought a couple straps from them, they’re great! Smells like leather too.

yep it’s expensive and yep the leather doesn’t hold its value quite as well, but IMO I’m buying a bag to love it and enjoy it, not sell it (I’ve sold some in the past and feel like that’s just a bonus) and I do feel like this bag is high quality and very special! Also because of its color I’m not too worried about babying it like I might with a lighter color.

I do like empreinte leather too, I have one bag in it, but the smell of the mahina! Ahhhhhh
Good to know the new strap is soft. The existing one just reminds of some of the ebene straps on some of the older damier ebene bags that just hurt and never softened. i don't think it's as bad as those but it's pretty stiff.

Since buying Chanel the past couple of years, i'm just struggling with the price being close to what a seasonal Chanel piece would be. And again, totally wasn't expecting to be almost hypnotized by this bag when I saw it and then buying it. It checks the box of something that I don't have anything remotely similar, love the color and how different it is from the canvas NeoNoe, that it doesn't scream LV, it's light weight, mid-size but can hold what i usually carry, and it's just so darn pretty! The SA did bring out the creme colored one also, but i told her I don't do light colors because of color transfer. I'm giving myself till Wednesday to decide if I'm keeping it. I like the option of the shorter strap (and softer), I'm just stuck on the price. I don't resell often and I try very hard not to have regrets. Especially pricey regrets. However, after selling my empriente Infini Speedy B several years ago due to glazing issues (before LV started giving store credit for defective glazing issue) and how much I recieved for it put a tear in my eye:annoyed: I had read before I bought it that LV leather doesn't get much in resale and thought "but I love this bag and will keep for a long time so no problem." Anyhow, Fashionphile is either charging close to retail or way over retail these days except.........for mahina leather. I couldn't believe when I looked to see what some of the mahina bags were going for. Good for a buyer, but the seller didn't get much. So I need to really see myself using this bag like I do my others for several years.

Oh, did you see on LV's website they have the mahina hobo now in this color:love::love::love:? Absolutely stunning, but it's way too big for me these days. I just don't carry that much to justify big bags anymore. OMG though it's soooooooo pretty.

Thank you again for all of your help and pictures. If I do keep this beauty I'm for sure getting another strap.

• Love
Reactions: RT1
I recently purchased the mahina carmel in noir. It’s a beautiful bag, the leather is very smooth. I love that you have to take a double or triple take at it to notice the logo’s in certain lighting! The only thing is, I’m nervous for how it will wear with time. I love how buttery supple empreinte gets, and I have only tried a preloved mahina bag once, but that bag felt a little rough for some reason instead of soft... the Carmel is smooth but feels sturdy, I’m just wondering if that will soften nicely with time?

To continue with what I was saying, the Carmel stands up straight and doesn’t puddle the way the mahina l hobo does. Does anyone think the Carmel will be a classic style for the years to come? It was so expensive so I just want to know!

Reactions: RSMLV
To continue with what I was saying, the Carmel stands up straight and doesn’t puddle the way the mahina l hobo does. Does anyone think the Carmel will be a classic style for the years to come? It was so expensive so I just want to know!
I think the Carmel is gorgeous! The mahina leather is easy on the eyes and hypnotizing. It does seem sturdier than other manhina bags so it may keep it's shape better, but it is a hobo and leather and leather relaxes through use. I bought the Muria the beginning of November in the chocolate color. It is such a beautiful bag and color. However, I quickly started to have buyers remorse. I had wanted a bucket type bag, but wanted something dressier than the NeoNoe (or so I thought). You mentioned in your post above how expensive the bag is and you just want to be sure about the bag. The Muria is also just about as expensive and that's when I remembered from several years back being tired of my empriente speedy b in Infini color and wanting to sell it the huge loss I took. I had read after I bought the bag how LV leather doesn't get great resale. In my mind I was never going to sell that bag, but my taste changed and that bag wasn't that easy to get in and out of. So after taking the loss I always tried to remember that lesson, until......an impulse buy of the mesmorizing chocolate Muria!! I had already decided on day 3 of getting it in and out of the box to look at it that she was going back and I was getting the NeoNoe that was priced what I'd pay for LV and I'd feel more comfortable wearing. Also, after looking at Fashionphile, who these days prices everything popular at retail or way above retail and all the mahina leather newer pieces were priced way below retail. I have no regrets returning and buying the NeoNoe instead. Love looking at the Muria pictures and even the Carmel in the chocolate, but to me it's just way too expensive for the leather to be so thin. Yes, there's lots of detail and beauty, but for me those price points are getting closer to Chanel price points. If you're doubting it even a little then you probably won't be happy later. Don't have an expensive regret. It does look beautiful on you and the color is amazing!! There are many hobo's out there though that you may not question the price tag and still love the bag! Best wishes.

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and natalieh38
I think the Carmel is gorgeous! The mahina leather is easy on the eyes and hypnotizing. It does seem sturdier than other manhina bags so it may keep it's shape better, but it is a hobo and leather and leather relaxes through use. I bought the Muria the beginning of November in the chocolate color. It is such a beautiful bag and color. However, I quickly started to have buyers remorse. I had wanted a bucket type bag, but wanted something dressier than the NeoNoe (or so I thought). You mentioned in your post above how expensive the bag is and you just want to be sure about the bag. The Muria is also just about as expensive and that's when I remembered from several years back being tired of my empriente speedy b in Infini color and wanting to sell it the huge loss I took. I had read after I bought the bag how LV leather doesn't get great resale. In my mind I was never going to sell that bag, but my taste changed and that bag wasn't that easy to get in and out of. So after taking the loss I always tried to remember that lesson, until......an impulse buy of the mesmorizing chocolate Muria!! I had already decided on day 3 of getting it in and out of the box to look at it that she was going back and I was getting the NeoNoe that was priced what I'd pay for LV and I'd feel more comfortable wearing. Also, after looking at Fashionphile, who these days prices everything popular at retail or way above retail and all the mahina leather newer pieces were priced way below retail. I have no regrets returning and buying the NeoNoe instead. Love looking at the Muria pictures and even the Carmel in the chocolate, but to me it's just way too expensive for the leather to be so thin. Yes, there's lots of detail and beauty, but for me those price points are getting closer to Chanel price points. If you're doubting it even a little then you probably won't be happy later. Don't have an expensive regret. It does look beautiful on you and the color is amazing!! There are many hobo's out there though that you may not question the price tag and still love the bag! Best wishes.

Wow, thank you for your detailed input!! I appreciate that so much :smile: sorry to hear about the muria, that was my second choice to this one actually because I thought it was the most beautiful bucket bag ever, but I’m glad you’re happy about going with the neo noe! See, I am sooo picky about handbags! I only change out of one once every few months. I think I finally found the perfect hobo in terms of size and functionality and weight, it’s just not seeing many reviews which makes it a bit tricky to determine what will come! I’ve also never spent so much money on one item so I think it may be normal to have some processing time maybe? It’s funny you say that’s Chanel pricing, I can’t do Chanel! Too heavy for the size of bag I like :sad:

• Love
Wow, thank you for your detailed input!! I appreciate that so much :smile: sorry to hear about the muria, that was my second choice to this one actually because I thought it was the most beautiful bucket bag ever, but I’m glad you’re happy about going with the neo noe! See, I am sooo picky about handbags! I only change out of one once every few months. I think I finally found the perfect hobo in terms of size and functionality and weight, it’s just not seeing many reviews which makes it a bit tricky to determine what will come! I’ve also never spent so much money on one item so I think it may be normal to have some processing time maybe? It’s funny you say that’s Chanel pricing, I can’t do Chanel! Too heavy for the size of bag I like :sad:
You're welcome. I know the muria was very light weight so i can only imagine the Carmel is also. There weren't that many reviews on the Muria either. Kdiamon55 (in post above) helped me with some pictures and where to buy a shorter more comfortable strap. That was a great help having the mod shots and extra strap info. However, that strap and me having to buy another one when I already spent a pretty penny on the handbag was another reason I had second thoughts about the bag. Also, you're right about processing time after this amount being the most spent. The most I've spent is on Chanel and I remember I prepared myself for a couple of weeks before buying that handbag. Somehow it got easier though:shocked: And, there are seasonal Chanel's that come out that aren't nearly as heavy as the classics. I'm assuming you're talking about the jumbo? It sounds like you really love the Carmel and it fits your needs. And I'm assuming since you have one on the way and it looks like a todler that you need the space in the bag and easy in and out of? Enjoy your Carmel and best wishes on your upcoming delivery!

• Love
You're welcome. I know the muria was very light weight so i can only imagine the Carmel is also. There weren't that many reviews on the Muria either. Kdiamon55 (in post above) helped me with some pictures and where to buy a shorter more comfortable strap. That was a great help having the mod shots and extra strap info. However, that strap and me having to buy another one when I already spent a pretty penny on the handbag was another reason I had second thoughts about the bag. Also, you're right about processing time after this amount being the most spent. The most I've spent is on Chanel and I remember I prepared myself for a couple of weeks before buying that handbag. Somehow it got easier though:shocked: And, there are seasonal Chanel's that come out that aren't nearly as heavy as the classics. I'm assuming you're talking about the jumbo? It sounds like you really love the Carmel and it fits your needs. And I'm assuming since you have one on the way and it looks like a todler that you need the space in the bag and easy in and out of? Enjoy your Carmel and best wishes on your upcoming delivery!

It is very lightweight! That’s always a turn off for me too, if I have to buy an additional strap for a bag to work for me at those price points, yikes! Was the muria braided handle as a shoulder bag too tight? I happy screamed when I purchased it and happy danced when it was shipped, but also felt nauseous for the $, but I worked hard for it all year this year. And, my friend made a good point, it’s a hefty price tag regardless $4000 or $6000, so not to decide based off the price, as long as it gets a lot of use. The morning before I purchased it, I YouTubed the heck out of the artsy empreinte to make sure as it is similar, but definitely heavier and bulkier and closer to armpit, all which would bug me. I bought the graceful mm in the summer and figured out fast 2 of those details just wouldn’t work for me and returned it quite fast. I do have a toddler and one on the way! So I could definitely use the extra space. Although, I’ve also always wanted a care free lightweight shoulder hobo bag and I didn’t want to go preloved for my favourite style/type of my bag. The pocket in the Carmel fits iPhone 11 Pro Max horizontally and vertically, and you can reach it with it being on your shoulder! But yes, the look of and capacity of the jumbo, always will be a crush of mine, but because of the weight I just admire from afar. I’m just not the mini bag type, even the LV Alma bb epi was a tad too small, although I may try the neo version. Wish they made that in mahina! How was the opening on the muria and neo noe for you? I haven’t tried a bucket bag yet because of that. YouTube and purse forum can be so influential on purchase decisions!!

• Love
It is very lightweight! That’s always a turn off for me too, if I have to buy an additional strap for a bag to work for me at those price points, yikes! Was the muria braided handle as a shoulder bag too tight? I happy screamed when I purchased it and happy danced when it was shipped, but also felt nauseous for the $, but I worked hard for it all year this year. And, my friend made a good point, it’s a hefty price tag regardless $4000 or $6000, so not to decide based off the price, as long as it gets a lot of use. The morning before I purchased it, I YouTubed the heck out of the artsy empreinte to make sure as it is similar, but definitely heavier and bulkier and closer to armpit, all which would bug me. I bought the graceful mm in the summer and figured out fast 2 of those details just wouldn’t work for me and returned it quite fast. I do have a toddler and one on the way! So I could definitely use the extra space. Although, I’ve also always wanted a care free lightweight shoulder hobo bag and I didn’t want to go preloved for my favourite style/type of my bag. The pocket in the Carmel fits iPhone 11 Pro Max horizontally and vertically, and you can reach it with it being on your shoulder! But yes, the look of and capacity of the jumbo, always will be a crush of mine, but because of the weight I just admire from afar. I’m just not the mini bag type, even the LV Alma bb epi was a tad too small, although I may try the neo version. Wish they made that in mahina! How was the opening on the muria and neo noe for you? I haven’t tried a bucket bag yet because of that. YouTube and purse forum can be so influential on purchase decisions!!
Just wanted to reply to your questions. Yes, the braided handle is too short to go over your shoulder. The opening on the Muria and NeoNoe to me are easy to get in and out of, but I can see if the drawstring is tightened you have to be a little gentle untightening it. For myself the NeoNoe is a perfect fit with the strap on it's shortest length and I don't feel I have to tighten it that much since the opening is further up my side. I didn't feel that way with the Muria and that's where having to buy another off market brand strap would have to happen. Thus paying more money for an already very expensive bag. LV needs to figure out the strap conudrum better. Not everyone wants to wear crossbody, nor for the bag to hang down too low on it's shortest length.

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and natalieh38
Loveeee the colour magnolia. If I ever wanted a pink bag, I’d definitely get a mahina magnolia one! This is the new mahina key pouch. Interesting that they made the interior alcantra, that’s the microfibre lining I’d be wanting to protect from keys in the first place... lol
Love love love! Do you know if there will be other colors?