The Saint Laurent Manhattan bag

Yeah, it's a very serious looking bag. Some women can rock very structured bags, I'm definitely not one of them. I look better with bags which have softer lines/ designs.
I am like you, I feel and look too mature or conservative wearing a very structured or stiff looking bag. However I do think this is a great, classic bag. The Baguette Manhattan is definitely more suited to me.

Reactions: Grande Latte
The crocodile version is so beautiful! But I hope they'll release more colors of it, as I am more of a gold hardware person. The smooth leather looks too delicate for the bag's intented function. Really beautiful still, and I hope to see more photos of it as a crossbody!

Attachments

• 25000499qi_14_a_v4.jpg
    25000499qi_14_a_v4.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 116
Thank you for making and keeping threads like this alive Miss World! :flowers: I am doing some research about the Manhattan at the moment, is it only the baguette version that has a flap opening? I would like a bag that fits my MacBook, but I really like the relaxed, "open flap"-look of the baguette!

Last edited:
And why does this bag come in so few variations, is it about to get discontinued?

Does anyone know how it holds up long term?

To this day, the Baguette hasn’t been discontinued and is still sold in Saint Laurent boutiques.
In fact, one SA told me that it has been growing these past few months and became one of the most popular handbags in Asia.
I have one in black calfskin leather and GHW, just obsessed with it! So practical and roomy for a daily use compared to my other handbags.

Last edited:
To this day, the Baguette hasn’t been discontinued and is still sold in Saint Laurent boutiques.
In fact, one SA told me that it has been growing these past few months and became one of the most popular handbags in Asia.
I have one in black calfskin leather and GHW, just obsessed with it! So practical and roomy for a daily use compared to my other handbags.

Thanks for your reply, interesting to know! The bag is still on my mind, but I have not had the opportunity to see one IRL yet. Yours is the baguette style? Would you mind sharing a picture of it? Possibly wearing it? :smile: That would be very helpful!

Thanks for your reply, interesting to know! The bag is still on my mind, but I have not had the opportunity to see one IRL yet. Yours is the baguette style? Would you mind sharing a picture of it? Possibly wearing it? :smile: That would be very helpful!
Mine is the Baguette one, here’s a quick snap. My outfit is really casual but hope that helps.
So in love with the design and it fits a ton ❤️

Attachments

• 2DD730D1-8E75-4EFC-AB4C-9D2DEF1FCC6F.jpeg
    2DD730D1-8E75-4EFC-AB4C-9D2DEF1FCC6F.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 307
I own this bag in a crocodile embossed patent leather, in a warm grey/dove grey colour. It's one of my favourite bags! I have had it for over a year now and used it quite frequently, it still looks completely new. The main downside is that it's a little stiff and doesn't open very wide, every once in a while I fumble for my keys in it. However, the stiffness is also what's making it durable and holding its shape so well. I don't understand why the Manhattan bag is so underrated, the model is so similar to Sac De Jour anyway.

Attachments

• Bilde_2021-12-07_011418.png
    Bilde_2021-12-07_011418.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • Bilde_2021-12-07_011447.png
    Bilde_2021-12-07_011447.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • Bilde_2021-12-07_011607.png
    Bilde_2021-12-07_011607.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
I just bought the Manhattan tote in black calfskin with GHW at the Livermore outlets. I love the sleek and minimal look, as I use it for work to carry my laptop, I didn't want a flashy logo. I'm curious though why mine didn't come with a shoulder strap - anyone know?

Reactions: mmh131
I own this bag in a crocodile embossed patent leather, in a warm grey/dove grey colour. It's one of my favourite bags! I have had it for over a year now and used it quite frequently, it still looks completely new. The main downside is that it's a little stiff and doesn't open very wide, every once in a while I fumble for my keys in it. However, the stiffness is also what's making it durable and holding its shape so well. I don't understand why the Manhattan bag is so underrated, the model is so similar to Sac De Jour anyway.
This is a great color.