The Random Picture Thread

My dream has always been to see the Aurora Borealis first-hand before I died but due to my health issues I was forced to rule out any possibility of this happening ...

alex_conu_reine_561c80b9-9ebc-4221-afbd-c12f259725a1.jpg
but coming home from work one night around 3-4 AM, I experienced a pleasant surprise much like the one below. Due to Atmospheric issues this came to New England ...
a7703b208bde4b24b1e99ab31ec3db98.jpg
It was literally a dream come true. Everyone was pulling aside off the road, getting out of their cars to witness the phenomenon. I was no exception. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen firsthand since seeing the Niagara Fall's Winter Festival of Lights.

My dream has always been to see the Aurora Borealis first-hand before I died but due to my health issues I was forced to rule out any possibility of this happening ...

View attachment 5926635
but coming home from work one night around 3-4 AM, I experienced a pleasant surprise much like the one below. Due to Atmospheric issues this came to New England ...
View attachment 5926640
It was literally a dream come true. Everyone was pulling aside off the road, getting out of their cars to witness the phenomenon. I was no exception. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen firsthand since seeing the Niagara Fall's Winter Festival of Lights.
Oh wow that is beautiful!

View attachment 5926635
View attachment 5926640
Amazing! How lucky you are! Did you take that second picture? I want to see an aurora too. I even named my daughter Aurora. One day, hopefully us too!

Amazing! How lucky you are! Did you take that second picture? I want to see an aurora too. I even named my daughter Aurora. One day, hopefully us too!
I actually didn't take that second picture, it was posted online during the same weekend I saw it. I'm glad that whoever took it seemed to have the same love as I did that night when I saw it. I've seen a lot when I was younger but still nothing beat the Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights ... until this stole my heart. First I saw the purple then the green then other colors came in little by little, it was truly stunning.

View attachment 5926635
View attachment 5926640
I too have health issues and feel your pain. I follow a young woman named Cecilia Blomdahl on Instagram who lives on Swalbard Island. Her life on this island is fascinating. She chronicles her life there and it’s amazing. They have polar night now, about 3 1/2 months of total darkness and the Aurora Borealis is exquisite. About the same amount of total sun in their summer. The town has a population of 2-3000. If you leave your home you have to carry a rifle as there are polar bears. Cecilia lives outside of town, today 3 walruses swam by her front window, a few days ago a pod of Beluga whales. She got a drone and the pics of glaciers are nothing short of spectacular. I realize it’s not the same as traveling there, but it’s very interesting. I think you might enjoy it.

I too have health issues and feel your pain. I follow a young woman named Cecilia Blomdahl on Instagram who lives on Swalbard Island. Her life on this island is fascinating. She chronicles her life there and it’s amazing. They have polar night now, about 3 1/2 months of total darkness and the Aurora Borealis is exquisite. About the same amount of total sun in their summer. The town has a population of 2-3000. If you leave your home you have to carry a rifle as there are polar bears. Cecilia lives outside of town, today 3 walruses swam by her front window, a few days ago a pod of Beluga whales. She got a drone and the pics of glaciers are nothing short of spectacular. I realize it’s not the same as traveling there, but it’s very interesting. I think you might enjoy it.
Thank you sooooooo much for this. I'm not on Instagram so I checked Youtube and she has all her videos up on her channel there. I just subscribed to to it. I think I now have much of my weekend watching scheduled.

Geez, only in LA. Who the heck is Kid Cudi? Apparently this is in preparation to promote his album. And someone had to edit with the infamous Cyber Truck, lol, my neighbors.

Attachments

• IMG_0956.jpeg
    IMG_0956.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0957.jpeg
    IMG_0957.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: Lilybarb
Thank you sooooooo much for this. I'm not on Instagram so I checked Youtube and she has all her videos up on her channel there. I just subscribed to to it. I think I now have much of my weekend watching scheduled.
Excellent, I think you will enjoy her broadcasts. Some stuff will just blow your mind that we could never do in the States.