The quality

Apr 17, 2016
I know there has been a lot of question marks around the quality of LV and so on. But it can’t be all bad right? I bought this bag 2 years ago in 2015, I use it quite often. As I was packing it to put back in storage I turned to grab the dust bag just to see the buttery soft vachetta handles still standing up. Made me so happy that it can’t be that bad if a 2 year old bag can still do this. IMG_1508614253.333035.jpg

I really think we are more mindful of issues as we are on a forum with thousands of people from all over the world. Every designer has some issues. I don’t want to negate the problems some have had and I’m sorry for that. But I also see paranoia on here which frankly I don’t recall seeing 10 years ago on this forum. I can say I have bought LV for many years. I’ve never had a problem. Your bag looks great!

I really think we are more mindful of issues as we are on a forum with thousands of people from all over the world. Every designer has some issues. I don’t want to negate the problems some have had and I’m sorry for that. But I also see paranoia on here which frankly I don’t recall seeing 10 years ago on this forum. I can say I have bought LV for many years. I’ve never had a problem. Your bag looks great!
You're very lucky. I'm not.

I own over 20 bags, a few luggage pieces, and some SLGs... in two decades of collecting and using my LV items, I have found the quality to be excellent. I have only experienced a couple of issues, which I would describe as “premature wear and tear,” and those were taken care of immediately with a repair or an exchange.

When I buy something—whether at Louis Vuitton or at Target—I know that, by using the item regularly, it will show signs of wear. Nothing stays in perfect condition forever. No matter how much money you spend on it.

I appreciate the fact that Louis Vuitton makes long-lasting products, but I understand that they are not eternal. They will end up in the garbage eventually.

I am not lucky enough to say I never had issues, but not enough to say the fashion house is hopeless. I still think they produce a great product and as with everything there will be some flaws.

Reactions: snibor
I own over 20 bags, a few luggage pieces, and some SLGs... in two decades of collecting and using my LV items, I have found the quality to be excellent. I have only experienced a couple of issues, which I would describe as “premature wear and tear,” and those were taken care of immediately with a repair or an exchange.

When I buy something—whether at Louis Vuitton or at Target—I know that, by using the item regularly, it will show signs of wear. Nothing stays in perfect condition forever. No matter how much money you spend on it.

I appreciate the fact that Louis Vuitton makes long-lasting products, but I understand that they are not eternal. They will end up in the garbage eventually.

Well said and agreed 100%. I think we as lux goodies lovers have way high expectations. Almost unrealistic, I remember the 1st time I got color transfer on one of my bags, I was sad, mad, and very emotional. My husband, who does not indulge in lux goodies at all looked at me and said very unbothered and said “duh...you are wearing dark jeans with a white bag.” After I got over his insensitivity, I realized that he was right. The bags are expensive, not magical.

Well said and agreed 100%. I think we as lux goodies lovers have way high expectations. Almost unrealistic, I remember the 1st time I got color transfer on one of my bags, I was sad, mad, and very emotional. My husband, who does not indulge in lux goodies at all looked at me and said very unbothered and said “duh...you are wearing dark jeans with a white bag.” After I got over his insensitivity, I realized that he was right. The bags are expensive, not magical.
Exactly!
I think you hit the nail on the head: many customers have unrealistic expectations and will always find flaws or defects. Some of these “is this normal?” threads are just ridiculous.

I was just reading another thread in which a tPF member (known for regularly complaining about LV quality—yet still a customer for some reason) was all bothered by a wrinkle on the underside of the leather handle. WTF? 1) It’s leather, a natural material. 2) It’s the underside of the handle. 3) You’re not buying something that came out of a mold. 4) Stop complaining and start enjoying!!!

I have never even looked at the underside of my handles!!

The 2 things that bug me with LV is how awful their gold hardware is. It's pretty bad and there have been numerous complaints regarding this issue since i joined this forum 11 years ago. So it bugs me that this company won't fix this issue but are only interested in profits. I also dislike how the screen printed designs rub off and there hasn't been a way to resolve this.

Yes there will be flaws with any item no matter how much money you spend. I don't expect anything to be perfect (I do hope that it is when spending that amount of money ;)). But, just because something is produced from a luxury brand, it doesn't mean that it will always be better quality than a $100-$200 handbag.

I don't think the wrinkling of Vachetta is a flaw since it is soft and untreated, it is prone to naturally bend and crease.

Yes there will be flaws with any item no matter how much money you spend. I don't expect anything to be perfect (I do hope that it is when spending that amount of money ;)). But, just because something is produced from a luxury brand, it doesn't mean that it will always be better quality than a $100-$200 handbag.

I don't think the wrinkling of Vachetta is a flaw since it is soft and untreated, it is prone to naturally bend and crease.

The leather is so incredibly soft. It’s a dream to wear. The wrinkles are just beauty marks in my opinion.

When you carry a purse it is normal to became wrinkles and so on. But a new purse must be in good condition and wrinkles are not. But all customers can decide itself if they want to pay a lot of money for wrinkles or other defects or if they want to wait for a better choice. I have older purses and SLG they are in very good condition. Not wrinkles under the handles at all. I think many customers have luck and others haven´t. Good luck for all:smile:

Reactions: anabg
Hi Ladies! I have a question hopefully someone can help. I noticed that my handles on my LV retiro pm are wrinkled, not exactly cracking.... The bag is several years old... I was just wondering if there is a way to fix it.
You can always request the handles to be replaced. Louis Vuitton will give you an estimate. This type of repairs takes about 5 to 8 weeks.