The (Pochette) Metis Club

Well it's official, I am leaving the club. The second PM that I received this past May after having to surrender the original model PM, has now succumbed to the glazing issue again. This bag is beautiful, but LV has not fixed the problem like I was told and it is very disappointing. Unfortunately, I will not get a third one since I'd like to wear a bag and not have to worry about possible issues. Enjoy your PM ladies, it is a beautiful bag and I'm sure I'll miss having it.

Well it's official, I am leaving the club. The second PM that I received this past May after having to surrender the original model PM, has now succumbed to the glazing issue again. This bag is beautiful, but LV has not fixed the problem like I was told and it is very disappointing. Unfortunately, I will not get a third one since I'd like to wear a bag and not have to worry about possible issues. Enjoy your PM ladies, it is a beautiful bag and I'm sure I'll miss having it.
I'm sorry to hear that, [emoji20] it's unfortunate LV hasn't fixed the glazing problem. I purchased mine Aug 2015, no issues whatsoever, then again I use it maybe once every few months. Did you get store credit? Do you have any other bag in mind?

I am so torn. I want the Metis for the longest time. But since I found this thread I am so scared I will waste my hard earned money and get a bag that needs constant repairs. I bought the Speedy b 25 Damier ebene as a substitute...because I had/have bag fever. But still, I can't get the Metis out of my mind. Thinking about buying it next month, but still sooo scared.

Reactions: simplyhappy
I'm sorry to hear that, [emoji20] it's unfortunate LV hasn't fixed the glazing problem. I purchased mine Aug 2015, no issues whatsoever, then again I use it maybe once every few months. Did you get store credit? Do you have any other bag in mind?

I have a friend that's willing to take it off of my hands and she'll bring it in to Louis to see if they'll repair it. The glazing is starting to crack but at least it wasn't as bad as the first PM I had. I don't have any bags in mind, but I just bought a Multicolore Speedy in white and I think I'm going to take a break from LV for now.

Just home from Vegas where I used my PM for 4 days straight... I have only used it as an occasional weekend bag since my purchase in January!! It held up well and after a few cocktails I stopped being quite so obsessed with babying it lol. My husband warned it will not remain pristine but challenged me that it is meant to be used!IMG_1476399440.996591.jpgIMG_1476399464.254649.jpgIMG_1476399475.665438.jpg

Reactions: LVoe4DB

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reactions: Teazz and Genette
I have a friend that's willing to take it off of my hands and she'll bring it in to Louis to see if they'll repair it. The glazing is starting to crack but at least it wasn't as bad as the first PM I had. I don't have any bags in mind, but I just bought a Multicolore Speedy in white and I think I'm going to take a break from LV for now.
Aw that's too bad , but a very happy ending. The MC speedy is tdf! [emoji7] Congrats

Reactions: Genette

Same situation happened with me. I brought my 2nd peeling PM into my local store and they exchanged it on the spot. I chose the Lockme bb crossbody as a replacement and love it!

Reactions: Genette
Ok I just purchased a brand new made in USA PM last week -- so should I be worried since it is a made in USA bag because I was looking at a preloved made in France old style in brand new shape for the same cost- should I return mine and purchase the preloved one?