The perfect bal for a 16 year old..

sounds like you want ONE bal that will last you for a while. in this case i would pick the most basic and classic styles, like the black city or black day - and carry it nicole richie style (google her for her black city looks)!

these bags will last super long ! have fun shopping !

i'm not an expert w/ this seasons' colors girlie, but imo i think a City would be amazing for you :smile:

i think its the perfect size and it looks great over time *slouches and smooshes like butter lol*

for a 16 yr. old, get a city with a bright color that pops, perfect for your young age..... you can always get a black one which is a more serious color later....

If I were you, i'd get a first in a dark colour since you don't seem to need a lot of space, and this one can always looks structed if you have something in it. It's the first motorcycle bag ever created, so what could be more classic? And you're petite so it would look awesome on you, it's feminine but edgy. It looks good during the day and night. It's perfect!

Get an RH City in black, Anthra or maybe a bit more colourful. The City is classic and it's the perfect size imo, that is if you already have a work horse and don't need this bag for school ;)

Get an RH City in black, Anthra or maybe a bit more colourful. The City is classic and it's the perfect size imo, that is if you already have a work horse and don't need this bag for school ;)

I agree with Livia1 about getting a Black RH City. I feel that while colours are fun and exciting and certainly appropriate for you at this point in your life, your tastes might change over time. Hence if you get a coloured bag now, you might not like it a few years down the road, especially if you intend your first bag to last you for some time.

So stick to a classic bag. Of course Black GSH or GGH City would up the bling factor if that's what you desire, but GH also brings the bag slightly out of your budget?

So many contrasting opinions here, and all with valid perspectives! I'd personally vote for a City in a brighter color if you wear mostly dark colors, and in Giant hardware if you don't mind a little extra weight. It holds more than a First so is more versatile. Or a Velo if you can find one -- it can be worn over your shoulder or messenger style. Do let us know what you decide on!

I would get a neutral colored city or velo (to carry your books). I agree your tastes may change over time and it's good to start with a neutral especially for only one -- unless there is a color that really grabs you, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

ETA. I got my first "designer" bag when I was 12 - coach leather (no logos). This is before they were so popular, lol! It was black and I used it all through high school and beyond.

Last edited:
I would go for a City in black, anthra, raisin, or officer. Even a Velo in black or anthra would be a good choice

I got my first City when I was 17, and I used it my last semester of high school (I bought it for myself for christmas). It was really awesome cause my last semester was a light one so i didn't have to carry around tons of books. Though you being in 11th, you might want the cross body option of the Velo to be able to carry some extra weight comfortably.

I think a First or City RH in tempete, canard or raisin sound perfect for you! Neutral colors yet with a little edge and pop. You aren't too young for nice bags, I was carrying Gucci when I was your age :smile: Good luck shopping and please show us what you choose!!

I think the town would be a good choice. The crossbody option is so trendy right now and also practical - it also gives it a more casual, youthful vibe, and if you get it with the giant hardware, it will also be dressy enough to take out at night. When I was a teenager, when I wasn't at school, I didn't really have a lot I needed to carry with me - so any of the bigger styles don't make as much sense.

I got my 1st balenciaga when I turned 16 last April and must admit it was a v difficult deciding... I ended up buying a black city which I use at least once a week. It proved to be the right decision as I took it on holiday with me last summer for a month and was able to use it while shopping, sightseeing, evenings out and climbing mountains!?! without having to coordinate my accesories with my outfits like my sisters and the distressed look makes it look even prettier!
However in October I did have to buy another when I saw the green city which brightened up my winter wardrobe. Apologise if I confused you!!

PS Am waiting on a chanel for my birthday So Excited :smile: ;)