The Longchamp Penelope thread

Thank you for this - one of the reasons I love my Roseau is that when empty, it weighs close to nothing. I think an excursion to the LC boutique is called for ASAP. I love the look and the leather of Penelope, but haven't really given weight issues much thought because most LC bags are so light!

I actually don't find Penelope to be heavy at all. It probably has some weight compared to Roseau, but compared to most leather bags, I find it to be a dream. I love Longchamp leathers for this reason!

Does anyone know the Euro prices for the Medium and Large sizes? Having a hard time making the decision to really sell the Roseau - I need to know my target to be able to make the decision on what bag(s) to rehome...

690E for the large http://de.longchamp.com/taschen/penelope/shopping-bags-1297843?sku=2701

650E for the medium http://de.longchamp.com/taschen/penelope/shopper-m-1295843?sku=5789

According to the German Longchamp site.

I'm losing my mind here trying to have a penelope shipped to the Republic of Ireland. The Irish Longchamp website doesn't facilitate online shopping, it's just for browsing the collection. I tried to order from the UK website (UK delivery only) using a parcel forwarding service that ae based in Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK) and my order was cancelled.

I even have my Samorga organizer here already to go in to my new bag which doesn't exist yet. I ordered the Samorga prior to my Longchamp UK order being cancelled, they took 5 days to tell me that it was.

Selfridges won't ship it to Ireland and neither will Harrods. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be extremely grateful! I'm looking for the large tote in greige but would also go for a sandy.

You could try a U.S.-based store that ships international, like Neiman Marcus or Sands Point Shop??? You'd have to check their policies carefully though, in terms of fees and whether returns are possible.

Thanks Cosmopolitan, I'll try SPS. Neiman Marcus was a no as well. If at all possible I'm trying to get it from Europe so I'm not liable for import duty which is going to be pretty steep for this bag.

Bloomingdales and Saks were no(s) too.

Edit - that's a nope for SPS too. No international delivery for Longchamp :sad:

Last edited:
Interesting. Could be a spring bag, judging by the November backorder date? Weird they'd post it already.

Paris Fashion Week starts Sept. 27, so the new spring LC styles are just around the corner!

View attachment 3455887
Yes, I'm a bit confused because it does look like a spring color. Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 5.52.19 PM.png Did you see the last photo? It looks darker.
I see in the description that Nordies is referring to periwinkle as the color.

690E for the large http://de.longchamp.com/taschen/penelope/shopping-bags-1297843?sku=2701

650E for the medium http://de.longchamp.com/taschen/penelope/shopper-m-1295843?sku=5789

According to the German Longchamp site.

I'm losing my mind here trying to have a penelope shipped to the Republic of Ireland. The Irish Longchamp website doesn't facilitate online shopping, it's just for browsing the collection. I tried to order from the UK website (UK delivery only) using a parcel forwarding service that ae based in Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK) and my order was cancelled.

I even have my Samorga organizer here already to go in to my new bag which doesn't exist yet. I ordered the Samorga prior to my Longchamp UK order being cancelled, they took 5 days to tell me that it was.

Selfridges won't ship it to Ireland and neither will Harrods. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be extremely grateful! I'm looking for the large tote in greige but would also go for a sandy.
Have you tried the French Longchamp site?

Could you post photos of your Ebony? I'm thinking of getting it but I'm afraid it looks too brown ....

Sorry for the delay! I am just seeing it now. I won't be with my bag for another week or so...apologies! It is a very dark brown, which works well for my needs. Not too casual-looking.