The PEARL Lovers Thread!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anyone taken apart a strand that was made with the harpoon system? Just wanted to see if there are any issues I should be aware of.

2. I have a Tahitian strand with the harpoon system. I love it & have not had any problems with it so I have not taken it apart.

3. Multi-coloured strands today

IMG_2189.JPG

4. I like the harpoon system although my necklace is short and I always have a hard time finding the clasp by touch. I need to have it re-strung to replace some pearls and I was thinking of working with Sakura on it because it seems like some of you have had good experiences with her. I have bought from her but have not had her make me a necklace from my own pearls.

TXLVlove, SmokieDragon and cdtracing like this.
  5. Sakura is awesome!!! She always willing to accommodate requests. She's made me quite a few things!

suchi, SmokieDragon and piosavsfan like this.
  6. She is awesome. Just send her a message. She will respond quickly. I just asked her about making a floating pearl necklace.

7. Here is a neckshot IMG_20190507_101144.jpg

8. SmokieDragon, tealocean and cdtracing like this.
  9. Beautiful! I love the variety of colors!

SmokieDragon likes this.
  10. Really pretty..just makes your skin glow! Thank you for posting.

11. Blue Akoyas today

IMG_2225.JPG

crystal_cat, cj0617, TXLVlove and 5 others like this.
  12. Thanks so much! I got it for myself during a Mother's Day special deal in my home country! I never thought I would find such lovely freshwater pearls here and during lunch hour to boot :biggrin:

tealocean likes this.
  13. Here's a question. I have an old pair of tiny pearl studs. The pearls are only 3 mm according to my ruler. I've always liked them because they are so small. Unfortunately one of the pearls is shot, the nacre chipped off. They have 14K posts.

Should I try to get new pearls on them, or shop for a new pair? I haven't seen pearl studs that small online. The smallest studs are usually 4 - 4.5mm.

I've looked on etsy for loose pearls. There are sellers in China. But I'm reluctant to buy a pair unseen. And then I'd have to epoxy them on the earrings myself. Is this something Sakura might do? Or should I just keep shopping for new earrings?

I'm reluctant to go to a local jeweler because the ones around here would charge at least $100 plus the cost of the pearls--they all want $50 to glue a single pearl back onto a stud--and for that I could shop for a new pair.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice