The PEARL Lovers Thread!

I have a Tahitian strand with the harpoon system. I love it & have not had any problems with it so I have not taken it apart.
I like the harpoon system although my necklace is short and I always have a hard time finding the clasp by touch. I need to have it re-strung to replace some pearls and I was thinking of working with Sakura on it because it seems like some of you have had good experiences with her. I have bought from her but have not had her make me a necklace from my own pearls.

I like the harpoon system although my necklace is short and I always have a hard time finding the clasp by touch. I need to have it re-strung to replace some pearls and I was thinking of working with Sakura on it because it seems like some of you have had good experiences with her. I have bought from her but have not had her make me a necklace from my own pearls.
Sakura is awesome!!! She always willing to accommodate requests. She's made me quite a few things!

Here's a question. I have an old pair of tiny pearl studs. The pearls are only 3 mm according to my ruler. I've always liked them because they are so small. Unfortunately one of the pearls is shot, the nacre chipped off. They have 14K posts.

Should I try to get new pearls on them, or shop for a new pair? I haven't seen pearl studs that small online. The smallest studs are usually 4 - 4.5mm.

I've looked on etsy for loose pearls. There are sellers in China. But I'm reluctant to buy a pair unseen. And then I'd have to epoxy them on the earrings myself. Is this something Sakura might do? Or should I just keep shopping for new earrings?

I'm reluctant to go to a local jeweler because the ones around here would charge at least $100 plus the cost of the pearls--they all want $50 to glue a single pearl back onto a stud--and for that I could shop for a new pair.