The PANDORA thread

So I went back and got some more charms. I got minnie and mickey clips and a minnie Cupcake. I told the SA how I was sad that I forgot I wanted the heart bracelet. She was very and said she would switch it for me. She also suggested that I get a smaller bracelet since it will stretch. Now I have only 1 question, My bracelet seems stiff. Like I have to use a bit of force to connect it. That's even when I am not wearing it. Is that normal?

Looks great! All bracelets are stiff when you first buy them, the more you wear it then it loosens over time. Just make sure there aren't any permanent kinks, if so I would exchange it.

Took advantage of the free charm promotion this month! Ended up completing my bangle and creating a rose and silver bracelet. Not sure if I need to add a safety chain? The sales associate mentioned it might be be worth it for the bracelet...has anyone had theirs break or open on them before?

Attachments

• 1443031674975.jpg
    1443031674975.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,144
  • 1443031683418.jpg
    1443031683418.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,151
Reactions: MissMagpie
For my silver bracelet got the Dove and Dashing thru the snow charms, the free charm I got with it was the Abundance of Love, that's on my two tone bracelet :smile:

very nice! the dove is so cute!

For my Two tone bracelet in addition to the Abundance of Love, got the Carriage and the Pandora box charm and my free charm was the two tone openwork charm...not the best photo...Will do it justice another time! :smile: Thank you for stopping by and always being there to give me sane advice when asked for!! I am so happy to have discovered this forum, years ago :biggrin:

Pretty choices.

Finally jumped in and joined the pandora club :smile: View attachment 3135176

Congrats! nice bracelet to begin with.

So I went back and got some more charms. I got minnie and mickey clips and a minnie Cupcake. I told the SA how I was sad that I forgot I wanted the heart bracelet. She was very and said she would switch it for me. She also suggested that I get a smaller bracelet since it will stretch. Now I have only 1 question, My bracelet seems stiff. Like I have to use a bit of force to connect it. That's even when I am not wearing it. Is that normal?

They do stretch and are stiff at first, that is why i have yet to wear mine lol Mine broke and they took 2mths to "repair" it only ending with a new bracelet so i am still in my nicely broken in leather version. :P

View attachment 3135531

Olaf charm came in the mail. Now my frozen set is completed. Can't wait to wear it tomorrow.

oh, how fun is this one! looks great!

Thank you so much? Permanent kink? How would that look?

A permanent kink would be a stiff bend in the bracelet that will not straighten out. It happens when the metal is bent and I have seen bracelets like this. Snake chains are pretty tough, I haven't had any issues with mine kinking or breaking but I know it can happen. You can avoid problems by not forcing too many charms into a section (like trying to put too many in the middle section and having clips on either side). If you can just barely get a clip on the section it is too tight, I would rearrange because it increases risk of breaking if there are areas that are too tight.

If you are really worried, you could just use a bangle instead, I have never heard of a bangle breaking as it already has the rigid shape to it. You also don't have to worry about clip stations, you can just fill it how you like and if you want clips place them anywhere you like with clip locks.

Yay!! My hubby was able to take me today. I am so excited. Since it is my first bracelet from Pandora, I had to get a bracelet. I was only able to get 1 charm and the free charm. I picked the teddy with the blue ribbon because of my baby boy. I think it was the biggest change in my life and our relationship. The mickey heart for my hubby and me. We love disney. I have some concerns and I hope you guys can help me out.

1. Is my bracelet too big? The SA chose it and said it was a good size. I am concered that if I get the safety chain it be too big and still fall off, or too small and I can't fit charms.

2. They SA asked me if I wanted to walk out wearing it. I did. When I got home I noticed I didn't get a bag or box. I don't really mind, unless the box is necessary for storing.

3. My Mickey and Minnie charm was placed in the middle. An hour later it was screwed on the end by the clasp. Is it normal for them to be just moving around past the dividers? The bear has not done it. Just want to make sure nothing is wrong with my charm or bracelet.

4. Do I need the other kind of charms. The ones that clip in the dividers and the one with the chain?

Thank you!!

Congrats on your fitst bracelet!
Like some people already said, you need clips. If I were buying my first bracelet now, I would buy a bracelet and two clips first and then start with the charms.

Got mine done =)

Wonderful colour choice/combo. I would never think of it but it looks great.

I love all the pics from the previous couple of pages and all the new additions.
My latest addition is the Saint Christopher dangle charm, from the pre-autumn collection. It's not available in my country but I managed to get it during a recent trip abroad, as a memory of that trip.