The padded cassette: Investment piece or hype?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What are your thoughts, hyped up re-vamp or the dawn of a new era in aesthetics under Daniel Lee?

2. If you review the threads about the recent collections, you'll read a lot of thoughts. I don't think it's a simple as hyped up re-vamp or dawn of a new era. I can only write for myself that it's a lot of change very quickly with little regard for the heritage that made BV special and different from other designers.

3. I have no clue. I have one of his designs, the Cabat bucket, but do not consider it an investment. I got it preowned only because I liked it and plan to never sell it.

4. As with any new designer time will tell. So far, I'm not terribly impressed with the ready to wear or "new" designs
    but there have been many comments that the "bags" are flying out of the stores which I consider to be "hype"

Bagcoolie and southernbelle43 like this.
  5. No BV qualifies as an investment if you think you can resell for more than you pay for it. Some Hermes, certain special Chanel pieces and Judith Leiber and possibly special edition LV are probably the only bags that you could make money on and even then, it’s high risk.

On the other hand, if you mean an investment piece to use long term as a classic and will not look dated then it’s anyone’s guess but if YOU love the bag, go for it.

6. Padded/puffy bags is more of a trend this season so i’d say hype.

Chanel and YSL have their own respective padded bags too this season (Chanel 19 and YSL Loulou).

If you do want the Cassette, maybe it’s best to get the regular version (not puffy/padded).

Gourmetgal likes this.