The Old School RM's I have once had and stupidly sold.... :(

I have a bunch of Bal bags, both with the thin and thicker leather. I am not gentle with my bags and so far they have held up. But I rotate my bags at least twice a week. I agree about the Velo - my favorite Bal style! I haven't tried the Day yet, but I can see the comparisons to the Nikki. @Shelby33 did you try a Day?
I have a city (2005). The leather, while it seems soft and a bit thin, is durable. the bag is lightweight. the size is perfect proportion-wise for me. but I like to use outside pockets and on this bag both the outside zip pocket and the inside zip pocket are small.
will have to check Velo out. I keep looking at the posts about the various styles and then I forget which is which (except for city)

This is what I do...buy bags...then see something else I like better, then I sell the bags to help fund the other bag....then eventually the other bag gets sold for one reason or another and what do I have to show for it???? :facepalm: :nuts: It's a vicious cycle!!! I need therapy!
my problem is selling bags isn't as easy as it once was....so I try to be careful buying
I used to be able to buy a RM bag someplace like NR and later sell it for something close to what I paid for it. Bonanza is pretty dead now and ebay doesn't seem to be working for me.....and I'm not looking to make a profit, just to get something reasonable for a bag

Reactions: Fendi84NJ
my problem is selling bags isn't as easy as it once was....so I try to be careful buying
I used to be able to buy a RM bag someplace like NR and later sell it for something close to what I paid for it. Bonanza is pretty dead now and ebay doesn't seem to be working for me.....and I'm not looking to make a profit, just to get something reasonable for a bag
I feel the same way now too especially since I've soured on TRR.

Reactions: Shelby33
Who's here for a cry session......:crybaby::facepalm: Ok, so I was looking at both my purchases (since sold) and sold items on TRR....wanna see? You won't believe the last one...neither did I!!!
I actually just sold a LV to Fashion File. I’m very happy with the amount I got for it. So I started to look for other sites that take RM since FF doesn’t. I know RM will never resell the same as LV. But my heart was hurting seeing some of the RM listings and how little some sites were selling these bags. Coach bags that are not all leather are going for more.

Were you able to find a place to sell for prices you felt were fair? I’m wondering if it’s just not the right time to be selling RM. I wouldn’t mind selling a MAC maybe, but I really don’t wanna sell smooshy 2008 bigger bags for prices I feel are too low (I saw a flawless MAM somewhere for $50).

The LV I sold was a smaller bag from 2004 and I know a lot of young ladies are into small vintage bags right now so I think the timing worked well. I guess I will have to wait for the giant bag trend to come back to sell something like my Matinee lol.

I apologize if it seems like I’m prying and you definitely don’t have to tell me exact figures or anything. I was just surprised by what I was seeing.

I was also wondering if maybe RMs are something better to sell on my own and wait for the right buyer bc there are people who do appreciate the smooshy more old school leather. There just aren’t as many of these people compared to more well known brands.

Last edited:
This is night blue from the resort collection!
I hope I didn't already say that.
ETA I guess I didn't notice the pyramid studs first time I saw this thread.
I have the Night Blue MAM from the resort collection. I’ve decided that’s the one RM piece I’m 100% keeping. I haven’t used it in awhile, but there is something special about it to me and I really love it.

• Love
Yes, this is how I’m feeling. I just want something reasonable for a RM bag.

I actually just sold a LV to Fashion File. I’m very happy with the amount I got for it. So I started to look for other sites that take RM since FF doesn’t. My heart was hurting seeing some of the RM listings and how little some sites were selling these bags. Coach bags that are not all leather are going for more.

Were you able to find a place to sell for prices you felt were fair? I’m wondering if it’s just not the right time to be selling RM. I wouldn’t mind selling a MAC maybe, but I really don’t wanna sell smooshy 2008 bigger bags for prices I feel are too low (I saw a flawless MAM somewhere for $50).

The LV I sold was a smaller bag from 2004 and I know a lot of young ladies are into small vintage bags right now so I think the timing worked well. I guess I will have to wait for the giant bag trend to come back to sell something like my Matinee lol.

I apologize if it seems like I’m prying and you definitely don’t have to tell me exact figures or anything. I was just surprised by what I was seeing.

I was also wondering if maybe RMs are something better to sell on my own and wait for the right buyer bc there are people who do appreciate the smooshy more old school leather.
I would definitely try selling the RMs yourself. We all use TRR to sell our bags, but they are somewhat unreliable and don't have enough expertise to distinguish between OS and current RM bags. MAMs and MABs (Old School including stonewash and newer MA bags) are listed for about $70 on TRR. Alternatively I believe members on here who sold on ebay, posh, or mercari were able to get more for the bags. There's definitely a pool of buyers here who appreciate the older bags with smooshy leather and know that they are worth it.

I would definitely try selling the RMs yourself. We all use TRR to sell our bags, but they are somewhat unreliable and don't have enough expertise to distinguish between OS and current RM bags. MAMs and MABs (Old School including stonewash and newer MA bags) are listed for about $70 on TRR. Alternatively I believe members on here who sold on ebay, posh, or mercari were able to get more for the bags. There's definitely a pool of buyers here who appreciate the older bags with smooshy leather and know that they are worth it.
Thanks for telling me about TRR, I had heard of it, but never used it before. It may be a good place to try to sell some bags where I’m not as picky about the price. I have this one MAC I just never use anymore.

Yeah if $70 is the going rate for some on resell sites like that I may try to sell others on my own when ready. I don’t expect anything crazy, but I never imagined under $100 for some of the old school, bigger bags. It’s sad they have become unpopular bc I think they are great especially the older styles. I used to be a big eBay seller in the past and was thinking of opening a mercari for clothing. Thanks so much for your input I appreciate the advice a lot.

Thanks for telling me about TRR, I had heard of it, but never used it before. It may be a good place to try to sell some bags where I’m not as picky about the price. I have this one MAC I just never use anymore.

Yeah if $70 is the going rate for some on resell sites like that I may try to sell others on my own when ready. I don’t expect anything crazy, but I never imagined under $100 for some of the old school, bigger bags. It’s sad they have become unpopular bc I think they are great especially the older styles. I used to be a big eBay seller in the past and was thinking of opening a mercari for clothing. Thanks so much for your input I appreciate the advice a lot.
You're welcome! Whatever you decide, we'd love to see photos of your bags! Can't get enough of that OS smooshy leather! :loveeyes:

I actually just sold a LV to Fashion File. I’m very happy with the amount I got for it. So I started to look for other sites that take RM since FF doesn’t. I know RM will never resell the same as LV. But my heart was hurting seeing some of the RM listings and how little some sites were selling these bags. Coach bags that are not all leather are going for more.

I was also wondering if maybe RMs are something better to sell on my own and wait for the right buyer bc there are people who do appreciate the smooshy more old school leather. There just aren’t as many of these people compared to more well known brands.
They go for more on Poshmark or Mercari I think.