William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

View attachment 4297813 View attachment 4297814 View attachment 4297815 View attachment 4297816 View attachment 4297817 View attachment 4297818 View attachment 4297819 View attachment 4297820 View attachment 4297821

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended church with the Queen today. They were joined by some of their friends staying the weekend at Anmer Hall to celebrate Catherine's upcoming birthday.

uu Party for her birthday with friends. do you think Harry and meghan will attend? I think the press is also really curious to know haha

uu Party for her birthday with friends. do you think Harry and meghan will attend? I think the press is also really curious to know haha

Well the press won't have access to the party regardless if they attend or not. The press has had access to specific birthday events for royals but more often birthday events are more so private. Trooping the Colour is probably the most notable birthday event the press has access to because the Trooping the Colour marks the official birthday of the British sovereign.

Currently there is some press in Sandringham,Norfolk not because of Kate's birthday but because from the few days before Christmas through February 6th Queen Elizabeth II always stays at Sandringham House. February 6th is the anniversary of the death of King George VI (Queen Elizabeth II's father). Queen Elizabeth II always attends service at St. Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham starting on Christmas and then that continues to go on all the Sundays until early February. On Christmas a lot of the royal family members attend service at St. Mary Magdalene Church. After Christmas there are still some royal family members (but obviously considerably less than all the members that attended on Christmas) that attend additional church services with Queen Elizabeth II. William and Kate usually attend an additional church service the Sunday leading up to Kate's birthday and they attend with either their friends and/or Kate's family.

William and Kate usually attend an additional church service the Sunday leading up to Kate's birthday and they attend with either their friends and/or Kate's family.
Exactly, this happens every year, friends stay. This is nothing different, we always see the friends off to church with them. I'd love to know how many of her birthday parties Harry has attended, alone, with Chelsy or anyone else he was seeing. We've never know as to whether he was there or not so why is this year any different? Oh yes, Meghan and the "rift." Bloody press again trying to stir things up!

I understand I guess. Given that we don't have a monarchy it's a little difficult to not see them as not much more than celebs.
Speaking as a Welsh woman, a Brit and a Royalist as well as "connections" shall we say, I am so proud of our Royal Family and the work they do. That's why I get somewhat touchy when I feel they get disrespected for what they seem to not be doing. They work harder than people think, they are not celebrities, they are above celebrity.
And here endeth the sermon, lol

Speaking as a Welsh woman, a Brit and a Royalist as well as "connections" shall we say, I am so proud of our Royal Family and the work they do. That's why I get somewhat touchy when I feel they get disrespected for what they seem to not be doing. They work harder than people think, they are not celebrities, they are above celebrity.
And here endeth the sermon, lol
I think they do great charitable work, bring light to many cause and definitely think they work hard. However, many celebs work hard as well and do great charitable work in the same vein. Being a celeb isn't a negative thing or something that needs putting down...guess it's about perspective. Not all celebs are Kardashians....may celebs are Clooney's, Theron's, Jackie Chan's, LeBron James', etc.

I think they do great charitable work, bring light to many cause and definitely think they work hard. However, many celebs work hard as well and do great charitable work in the same vein. Being a celeb isn't a negative thing or something that needs putting down...guess it's about perspective. Not all celebs are Kardashians....may celebs are Clooney's, Theron's, Jackie Chan's, LeBron James', etc.
Oh I totally agree with you, I can think of a few others in the same veign. And yes, it is all about perspective, I still think the Royals are above celebrity.

Reactions: myown and terri w
I know a lot of folks who think the BRF are just the wealthiest welfare recipients. Sure, they do charitable work.,,but they are pretty much seen as celebrities to most people who don't have to pay for them with their taxes.
I'm Canadian BTW so we pay as well.

Last edited: