The Official Botkier & Team Discussion Thread

Any love out there for Botkier Brando satchel?

How about the small black calf hair Eden? I have 2 larger Edens which I love...any opinions or real life experience with either would be appreciated.
Hi Miss MoiMoi!

The Brando satchel is one of Monica's signature bags that came out in Fall 2012. It has amazing function with the front, center and back compartments. It is a little heavier than the Eden because of it's structure. It also has an adjustable and detachable strap that you can wear as a crossbody or a top handle. If you carry a lot of essentials in your bag then I would suggest the Brando satchel. The small Eden satchel in black hair calf is perfect bag if you carry light essentials. It has adjustable and detachable strap so you can style it as a crossbody, shoulder or detach the strap and style it as a top handle. It has one compartment with 2 front small compartments. It is the perfect size as a crossbody. Hope this helps!

Best,
Botkier Babe

Hi Uadjit,

The leather lace on our #VALENTINA shoulder is an embossed cowhide leather with tipping on the top of the embossing to give a two-tone color. The lace on the top is lighter which makes a more vivid lace effect. Hope this helps! It is one of our favorite bags of Spring 13 and one of Aimee Song from Song of Style's favorite bags as well!

Best,
Botkier Babe

Thank you. That really does help and it sounds like a very cool modern way to do ivory lace. Not yer Grandma's doilies! :biggrin: Is this just a one-time special edition or is it possible that it might come in other colors?

I also love the convertible chain straps. I've gotten accustomed to the convenience from carrying RM MACs. Now that there's a cool Valentina shoulder with convertible chain straps I may just have to one.

I need some help! Does anyone remember the name of the botkier bag that had the two pockets on the front? I owned several of them and forget the name!! It wasn't the trigger. Was it called the Bianca? It was a satchel. Help!!!!

I need some help! Does anyone remember the name of the botkier bag that had the two pockets on the front? I owned several of them and forget the name!! It wasn't the trigger. Was it called the Bianca? It was a satchel. Help!!!!

You mean the two round, gathered zipper pockets? Yes, that's Bianca. There are lots of them on eBay. :smile: Just make sure of the size you're getting.

The Charlotte satchel is a great bag, a slouchier more approachable lady like style with a touch of tomboy. The gray is veg tanned so the process is very natural and allows for changes over time. I like Lexol or Apple products, use conditioner and then a weather proof product over it. It is important to test it under the flap for example to make sure nothing happens to the dye. Otherwise I would contact your local shoe repair or someplace that helps with leather like Superior Leather in NYC. Hope this helps!

Wow, I'm thrilled this got a response, I've been a huge fan of Botkier ever since I discovered the bags and my Isla is my favorite of them all. If the wear is a natural process I won't worry too much over it, it happened when I put on some Apple cleaner unfortunately. I am in SF right now so I'm not sure where to take my bags for maintenance, but will do with the weather proofing. Thank you Monica!

Hello!

Just purchased a Lucy shoulder in powder and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive! Thank you for the 50% off code, that was awesome.

http://www.botkier.com/handbags/lucy-shoulder-pow

Could you inform me as to what kind of protection spray/cream i can use on this bag? I'd definitely like to hear some feedback, as its a very light color and would love to use this bag for many, many years.

Thank you!
nat

Hi, I am new to the Botkier forum. I have my eye on a bag on their website, but don't know about any 50% off code? Could you fill me in?? Thanks:smile:

Hello!

Just purchased a Lucy shoulder in powder and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive! Thank you for the 50% off code, that was awesome.

http://www.botkier.com/handbags/lucy-shoulder-pow

Could you inform me as to what kind of protection spray/cream i can use on this bag? I'd definitely like to hear some feedback, as its a very light color and would love to use this bag for many, many years.

Thank you!
nat
Hi Nat,

Unfortunately we do not really use leather cleaners or sprays on our bags, if anything we do use Apple leather care, here's a link (http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Complete-Leather-Care-Pack/dp/B002RXYN3S) but since it is such a light color I would be very cautious when putting a liquid onto such a light bag. And after doing a bit of research I have noticed many concerns that the color of the bag is altered with the "apple cleaner," but the conditioner has had a pretty high success rate.

Hope this helps!
Botkier Babe

Hi guys,

I just recently found out about this designer & fell in love with the Trigger Moto clutch. I've always been a fan of small bags and long tassels/zippers (similar, Rebecca Minkoff) so when I saw a pic online I just had to have it!!!
What I fell in love with:
2whgsh5.jpg

Sadly this style seemed to be couple of years old, and it was sold out everywhere online except for couple on ebay that I could find... But I discovered that Botkier had done a collaboration with Nine West, and they had the Trigger Moto!

http://www.ninewest.com/botkier-for-Nine-West,-Trigger-Moto/10305726,default,pd.html
It was originally $245, but marked down to $59.99 with additional 30% off, so I ended getting it for reeeeeally cheap. I cannot speak for the quality, but it was the design that I really liked, so I am glad I could find it at such a deal. I got the denim blue color, and it is lovely.
sfe8gk.jpg

BUT the thing is, I received it today and it is a lot smaller than I anticipated... It is such a small purse, and I can barely fit my phone and my keys&card wallet :sad:
So here's what I need opinions on... Should I keep or return? I mean, it was only around $42 dollars or so, so I suppose it wouldn't be a waste even if I don't use it a lot?

Last edited:
Botkier Babe or anyone--
Does anyone know if the Chelsea Carryall has a zipper to close the main compartment? I'm studying in a city and would like a tote that closed all the way across when I'm on the train and walking around during rush hour. Thanks!

ox :smile:

Botkier Babe or anyone--
Does anyone know if the Chelsea Carryall has a zipper to close the main compartment? I'm studying in a city and would like a tote that closed all the way across when I'm on the train and walking around during rush hour. Thanks!

ox :smile:
Hi!

Unfortunately the Chelsea doesn't have a zipper on top and is an open tote. We are coming out with the Chelsea with a zipper, but not this season.

Hope this helps!
BB.