The new Balenciaga Envelope wallet: opinions?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
So I noticed this new wallet from Balenciaga this season, it was time for a new larger wallet design since there's only the money and the compagnon. It looks like the fold over clutch but smaller. I like that it's a fold over - sort of like the money. I don't like how huge the compagnon is - and also that it's so flat and you can't stuff it with papers etc. in it because you have to open it all the way and it's so flat. This design interests me.

I think it's really cute. Does anyone have it yet? Opinions?

Picture1-4.png

Picture2-11.png

Last edited:
The money seems a lot more practical to me. I don't like how you have to unfold this wallet all the way to get to the coin compartment. It looks awkward to use. The money is so wonderful because you unclip it and voila, everything you need to access is right there. It's easy to hold in your hand while you are getting whatever you need out of it. This wallet doesn't look functional to me but I'd like to hear from someone who's actually seen and handled it.

^^That's what I was hoping too (for someone that has it to report in). I have 3 money wallets and was just wondering if I should try something new - but you're right: the money is really a perfect wallet imo.

This wallet has been on and off Bluefly for a while now, and, I was tempted. But I like the Money wallet's layout so much, that I decided against it. I agree with Drati - the change compartment looks to be awkward. I don't think you can beat the design of the Money - maybe just another new color would satisfy you? It would be nice to hear from someone who actually has used it, however.

Does it have a long slot for notes somewhere?

That's what I was wondering too. Would be odd if it didn't though it doesn't look like it, does it?

Or actually, upon further inspection of the pics it could have one - see how the leather parts on the "left" side and not on the "right"? (close up of the picture that shows it open)

Last edited: