The Most Expensive Handbag in the World??

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
fashion.psfk : The Most Expensive Handbag in the World??
The Most Expensive Handbag in the World??

Amanda Gore in Luxury

Gadino, a Norwegian accessory company, has created a 'Limited Edition' range of handbags for 2007, on view as part of the Millionaire Fair . Made from a choice of crocodile, python or ostrich leather and set with solid white gold and diamonds, the bag retails for €30,800!! Available only on special request, the price includes the option of customising your bag with a variety of personalised charms, and the knowledge that only 50 of each design will ever be made. Not obvious bling, the bag looks relatively understated, which surely defies the point of spending such an obscene amount in the first place! Wonder how many they'll sell- after the success of the fair in Moscow, expectations are high for the opening in Shanghai in May.

In the Chicago Hermes shop, I saw a Birkin with diamonds that was $130,000 and change. It may have been a special display bag, however. I'm thinking house, rather than purse at those prices. what would 30,000 euros be in dollars? Regardless, that's a seriously expensive bag!:wtf:

Ugh... not feeling that bag at all...
Is it just me, or does a pink python bag with gold hardware and diamonds seem a little too blingy-gangsta?

I'd rather get an Hermes, if I'm going to plunk down that kind of $$. Saw an ostrich Birkin for $15k, and seriously, if I were rich... Even though that kind of money would obliterate my student loans. :P