Mansur Gavriel The MG BUCKET BAG Thread – post pics, ask questions, and chat about your buckets here

No idea on weight but the MG buckets are incredibly light bags anyway I can't see it would make too much difference.
I have had them in mini mini, mini and regular. The mini was by far the best size wise. It held my essentials with a little room to spare. The mini mini held the bare minimum and I had to leave out my pouch and hard sunnies case so therefore had to rearrange the stuff I need to carry just to use it. I found it very impractical so it depends what you carry.

Thank you. I carry just the minimum daily and maybe both sizes could work. The mini seems like a good size

I’m thinking about getting a bucket bag but I’m torn between mini mini and the mini. Also depending on the interior like the raw or colored does that make a difference on how the bag weighs? Thanks
The raw is a tad bit “heavier” than the colored ones. I use the word heavier lightly (LOL) cause buckets are very light in my opinion. it’s just that the raw seems thicker than the colored ones but not to the point that it’s back breaking.

The raw is a tad bit “heavier” than the colored ones. I use the word heavier lightly (LOL) cause buckets are very light in my opinion. it’s just that the raw seems thicker than the colored ones but not to the point that it’s back breaking.

Oh good to know. Thank you. I was thinking the opposite the raw being a little lighter

Has anyone added a top handle or a shorter shoulder strap to the MG large bucket bag? I'm 5'4'' and afraid the long strap will be way too long for me given the huge size of the bag, esp if it's stuffed with things. How short can the strap be adjusted to?

To all the owners of the MG regular size bucket bag - do you prefer the standard veg tanned leather or the saffiano? I'm debating both. Saffiano seems like a no brainer because the orginal leather is so sensitive to wear and marks but I've heard that the saffiano is very rigid therefore awkward to carry? Can those with the saffiano large bag let me know pros and cons? Thank you! :smile:

It's a personal choice really, I like how veg tan ages and the marks end up blending over time anyway. Saffiano looks and feels like plastic. I have never liked anything in saffiano but the MG veg tan is my preference over saffiano. I did buy one despite my dislike for it and returned it the next day, just couldn't warm to it.