THE Malachite wear and tear one stop shop for information

Hey Darling! Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I’m happy to hear you have not had any issues with your malachite. Do you usually wipe them off or do anything to clean your pieces before you put them away?

And yes, you’re absolutely correct. The stones can be replaced. It’s not crazy expensive either so that’s always an option. :smile:

You know I think about wiping them and then I forget on a regular basis. I am conscious of not putting on after I have just glopped moisturizer on my hands - but then I do that for all jewelry as it makes it harder to put on.

Personally I am avoiding the Alhambra bracelet because the motion of the bracelet while trying to work a key board would annoy me. Otherwise I have indulged heavily in malachite and I love it.

Reactions: BBC and WingNut
Hoping some people can chime in here and help me out?

I love the malachite pieces and own the magic pendant. However, I’d love to get the bracelet too. I’ve heard from a lot of people, even SAs, that it’s a hard stone to take care of. It loses its shine and becomes dull with exposure to water. I know I will splash it when I wash my hands but is it really this sensitive?

I have a friend who says her friend has owned her bracelet for 5+ years and it still looks shiny and she doesn’t baby it.

So I’m not sure what to think?? Can someone add their first-hand experiences here? My magic pendant looks great after one year but of course, it doesn’t get wet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I found the photos of the before and after...you can search on malachite on the VCA forum where she posted. She says her color really got dark and also look at the striations in the darker necklace.

View attachment 4184225

View attachment 4184226

My malachite bracelet looks similar to the after picture as well. However, my malachite was never as light in color or had as many striations as the before pic so there was not a drastic change for me over a few years. With that in mind, I do try not to directly get any lotions or perfumes on my bracelet and to wash my hands carefully. I would definitely buy my malachite bracelet again. The color is just so [emoji256][emoji172]. If you’re worried about how sensitive the malachite is maybe a magic pendant would allow you to enjoy the beauty of malachite without having to worry so much about it encountering lotions perfumes or water etc.

My malachite bracelet looks similar to the after picture as well. However, my malachite was never as light in color or had as many striations as the before pic so there was not a drastic change for me over a few years. With that in mind, I do try not to directly get any lotions or perfumes on my bracelet and to wash my hands carefully. I would definitely buy my malachite bracelet again. The color is just so [emoji256][emoji172]. If you’re worried about how sensitive the malachite is maybe a magic pendant would allow you to enjoy the beauty of malachite without having to worry so much about it encountering lotions perfumes or water etc.
Hi! Thank you for sharing this info about your malachite bracelet. I already have the magic pendant and it’s totally fine. So decided to take the plunge and went ahead and bought the malachite bracelet today. :graucho: Despite the feedback about loss of sheen, I still love it and will just try to be careful with it.

Hi! Thank you for sharing this info about your malachite bracelet. I already have the magic pendant and it’s totally fine. So decided to take the plunge and went ahead and bought the malachite bracelet today. :graucho: Despite the feedback about loss of sheen, I still love it and will just try to be careful with it.

Oh so glad to hear that [emoji4]. I hope you will enjoy the bracelet for many years to come.

Reactions: MYH
Congrats - it is such a beautiful piece!

Reactions: MYH
I also asked this same question on my Instagram account and wanted to share this photo of a malachite bracelet from a follower who was not careful when washing her hands. She said her stones look bleached. With her blessing, I am posting her bracelet here.

Attachments

• 4112BAFA-33A0-4DD0-90E6-C3F0907850A4.jpeg
    4112BAFA-33A0-4DD0-90E6-C3F0907850A4.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,111
You know I think about wiping them and then I forget on a regular basis. I am conscious of not putting on after I have just glopped moisturizer on my hands - but then I do that for all jewelry as it makes it harder to put on.

Personally I am avoiding the Alhambra bracelet because the motion of the bracelet while trying to work a key board would annoy me. Otherwise I have indulged heavily in malachite and I love it.
I also asked this same question on my Instagram account and wanted to share this photo of a malachite bracelet from a follower who was not careful when washing her hands. She said her stones look bleached. With her blessing, I am posting her bracelet here.
:shocked::sad:

I’m also wondering if the sun and/or heat has anything to do with the bleached stones in this pic. I believe this gal lives in Qatar.

Thanks for sharing! I did not realize malachite can fade too! Such a beautiful but fragile stone.

Oh yikes. This one does NOT look good! [emoji51]

TGG - I know you have a big collex yourself. Do you have malachite? Can you share your experience with the stone?
I have a few pieces.:smile:
A LE ten motif, a 20, vintage earrings and the magic pendant.
My pieces still appear polished and I have not noticed any color changes.
I do take good care of my jewelry and store the pieces in their boxes when I finish wearing them. I never shower nor swim in my VCA.
Quite honestly, I treat the malachite just like I treat my other VCA jewelry.
The limited edition 10 motif is much older than my 20 (I purchased that when it was first released) yet they pretty much look the same.
I would not worry about purchasing a bracelet.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I did not realize malachite can fade too! Such a beautiful but fragile stone.
This bracelet was likely light to begin with.
When malachite first launched, my SA had a few very light necklaces. She indicated that the light malachite was highly desirable but I prefer the more jewel tone green.
That particular bracelet looks like it was not well taken care of.
For those who wish to wear their jewelry 24/7, the solid gold is the best choice.

Reactions: BigAkoya and MYH
I have a few pieces.:smile:
A LE ten motif, a 20, vintage earrings and the magic pendant.
My pieces still appear polished and I have not noticed any color changes.
I do take good care of my jewelry and store the pieces in their boxes when I finish wearing them. I never shower nor swim in my VCA.
Quite honestly, I treat the malachite just like I treat my other VCA jewelry.
The limited edition 10 motif is much older than my 20 (I purchased that when it was first released) yet they pretty much look the same.
I would not worry about purchasing a bracelet.
I’m so relieved to hear this TGG Because I bought the malachite bracelet on Thurs! :nuts: Thank you for sharing and making me feel much more confident I can take care of my new bracelet.