The MAB Camera Bag is the new Mini Mac

rockstarmish

Your friendly neighborhood rock chick
O.G.
Aug 24, 2011
I thought I would do a little review on the recently released camera bags. [emoji1]
I now have 2 of them, one in a moto 4 zip and the MAB one. Now, if you guys are familiar with me, you would know that I'm a Mini Mac loyalist.[emoji28] Not that I don't like other styles but, most of my RM collection consists of Mini Macs and 5 Zips. I can't help it. It's like a can of Pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop! I'm sure the lot of you will agree with that!

Anyways back to this review. I'm doing this to help anyone who is debating on getting the camera bag. I've included comparison pics between the two, so you guys can see.

So, why do I call the Camera bag the new Mini Mac? Simple.
Don't be fooled by its petite size. This bag can pack a bunch. I was able to fit the same amount of things that i usually use in my mini mac. Now, take note that i don't usually use long wallets and the sort...my phone is a Galaxy S6 and length wise it fits with about 1.5 inches to spare! So when it comes to me and bags, my rule is that if my phone fits then I'm good with it!
It has an interior pocket but the outside flap is non functioning unlike the Mini Mac where in you could use it.
I like the MAB Camera bag as it's thicker in width than length, so even if it's small, it can fit a lot! And you have a good tassle leather zipper tug!

All in all, the Camera bags are a great choice if you are debating. I like how its more structured than the mini mac and for those of you who get their hair stuck on the straps of the mini mac, you'll love this as it's all leather and no chain.

I recommend it! Hope this review helps!

20170121_001401.jpeg
20170121_001622.jpeg
20170121_001725.jpeg
20170121_001754.jpeg

Finally! It was worth waiting for this beauty! The pink is SO pretty, it looks cooler than, say, a rose gold one. {And you must be a pink bag lover, given that lovely Mini Mac!} I thought the front flap would have featured a functional pocket though...I'm currently debating between the Deep red and the Grey denim MAB camera bags, the first one being obviously a statement bag, the second a more practical choice. I'm sort of not entirely persuaded by the tassel- I don't mind it here, but I fear it may be a bit too 'trendy' for my tastes- do you think it could be removed, just in case?

What can you approximately fit in this, other than your phone?

{To answer your question from your other thread, I'm from Italy and the sweater turned out softer than before!}

Reactions: rockstarmish
Finally! It was worth waiting for this beauty! The pink is SO pretty, it looks cooler than, say, a rose gold one. {And you must be a pink bag lover, given that lovely Mini Mac!} I thought the front flap would have featured a functional pocket though...I'm currently debating between the Deep red and the Grey denim MAB camera bags, the first one being obviously a statement bag, the second a more practical choice. I'm sort of not entirely persuaded by the tassel- I don't mind it here, but I fear it may be a bit too 'trendy' for my tastes- do you think it could be removed, just in case?

What can you approximately fit in this, other than your phone?

{To answer your question from your other thread, I'm from Italy and the sweater turned out softer than before!}

Haha! Actually, It took my a while to like pink.. I think I started liking it when I turned 30 haha.. I know late bloomer! I actually saw the Grey Denim MAB Camera bag here and I even tried it on and I liked that it was muted but the Deep Red stood out! Hmm.. I guess get what is practical for you, but I love the red one if you ask me. It reminds me of the Russian Red lipstick of MAC! If I didn't get the pink one, I most probably would get the red even if I have 2 other bags in red already haha! I don't have a grey one yet! I haven't found the right shade for me I guess.
You can take out the tassel with pliers I suppose haha and replace it with a keyfob instead :smile:

I could fit the following things in the Camera bag:

1. Samsung Galaxy S6 in a pouch
2. Lipstick
3. Pocket mirror
4. Foldable wallet
5. Card carrier
6. Phone charger
7. Keys
9. Blotting Paper
With room to spare! :smile:

Oh! How awesome you're from Italy! Nice to meet you! :heart:

PS. I am very glad that the sweater is GREAT! :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: smokeandmirrors
You know, I feel like the more mature we get, the more we understand what we truly like, so it makes sense to me. =] -sighs- I know, such a hard choice! I'm envious of the fact you get to see them irl though, attempting to gauge colors from monitors is hell. .-. The Denim grey looks like a cool tone medium to me, for instance, but who knows? I'm still undecided- I wish Shopbop would carry the Deep red one too, because then at least I wouldn't have to pay shipping on top of customs. And, wouldn't you believe it, the moment I go 'oh, what would I ever pair a red bag with?' I start looking at red summery shirts- SOMETHING is clearly off here. Ahhh, I love Russian Red too! It really depends not only on one's wardrobe, but also on their ability/willingness to mix and match too- I'm lazy-ish and not too daring with my choices, so I love neutrals {and light pinks in the summer}. What kind of grey do you think you'd like?

It does sound like it fits a lot! You're not making it any easier to skip this bag, are you aware of that? =D

Nice to meet you too! :heart:

You know, I feel like the more mature we get, the more we understand what we truly like, so it makes sense to me. =] -sighs- I know, such a hard choice! I'm envious of the fact you get to see them irl though, attempting to gauge colors from monitors is hell. .-. The Denim grey looks like a cool tone medium to me, for instance, but who knows? I'm still undecided- I wish Shopbop would carry the Deep red one too, because then at least I wouldn't have to pay shipping on top of customs. And, wouldn't you believe it, the moment I go 'oh, what would I ever pair a red bag with?' I start looking at red summery shirts- SOMETHING is clearly off here. Ahhh, I love Russian Red too! It really depends not only on one's wardrobe, but also on their ability/willingness to mix and match too- I'm lazy-ish and not too daring with my choices, so I love neutrals {and light pinks in the summer}. What kind of grey do you think you'd like?

It does sound like it fits a lot! You're not making it any easier to skip this bag, are you aware of that? =D

Nice to meet you too! :heart:
Ah, I'm pretty lazy as well haha! Denim is my go to all the time. My staple is always black and denim. That way I can match every spectrum of the rainbow bags I have haha!
Just looked through my phone, and the time I got the Deep Red Love Box Crossbody, I took a picture of the Denim Grey!! I totally forgot! Here it is! Hope this helps!15577737_10153953694087447_49213879_n.jpg

It looks brownish here, maybe because of the light, but I really liked it because of the gunmetal HW. :smile:

Last edited:
Ah, I'm pretty lazy as well haha! Denim is my go to all the time. My staple is always black and denim. That way I can match every spectrum of the rainbow bags I have haha!
Just looked through my phone, and the time I got the Deep Red Love Box Crossbody, I took a picture of the Denim Grey!! I totally forgot! Here it is! Hope this helps!View attachment 3584852

It looks brownish here, maybe because of the light, but I really liked it because of the gunmetal HW. :smile:

There's something very Anya Hindmarch-y about the camera bag and that makes me like it even more. And I love the color that you chose. Perfection! I do wish the springlock flap on the front was functional though!

I just finally got into the mini MACs though (the chain strap is so pretty)... which do you prefer? I know you like your mini MACs!

Hi! Thanks! I was actually eyeing the Metallic Pink for a long time and then after the holidays, I saw that it was on sale from $175 to $130.. then I got an email with a discount code for an extra 30% off! So, the bag came out to $99 in the end.. and so that definitely did it for me! How could I say no, to a deal like that!

I still love the Mini Macs of course, but I think I love every style of bag that I have from RM. Right now, I'm more into the Camera Bags.. I really love the structured shape a lot!
The other camera bag I have has a chain strap :smile:

Just looked through my phone, and the time I got the Deep Red Love Box Crossbody, I took a picture of the Denim Grey!! I totally forgot! Here it is! Hope this helps!View attachment 3584852

We just like letting our bags shine! =D Ohhh, 'rainbow bags'? Which colors do you own?

You got the Deep red love box crossbody? Did you post a pic of that too and somehow I missed it?

Thank you so much for the picture! It actually looks drastically different from the Shopbop colour and it made me do a bit of research: it turns out that pictures from other retailers show a much deeper grey {which I can see turning brownish in low light pics like yours}:
http://images.selfridges.com/is/image/selfridges/133-3003039-HC36GPBX15_GREYDENIM_M?$PDP_M_ALL$
The shopbop one looks much lighter and cooler in colour:
https://d22pb5r3ey7td5.cloudfront.n...y-denim/53025901/mab-camera-bag-6-thumb2x.jpg

Which one do you think is more accurate? Also, gunmetal HW is love.

We just like letting our bags shine! =D Ohhh, 'rainbow bags'? Which colors do you own?

You got the Deep red love box crossbody? Did you post a pic of that too and somehow I missed it?

Thank you so much for the picture! It actually looks drastically different from the Shopbop colour and it made me do a bit of research: it turns out that pictures from other retailers show a much deeper grey {which I can see turning brownish in low light pics like yours}:
http://images.selfridges.com/is/image/selfridges/133-3003039-HC36GPBX15_GREYDENIM_M?$PDP_M_ALL$
The shopbop one looks much lighter and cooler in colour:
https://d22pb5r3ey7td5.cloudfront.n...y-denim/53025901/mab-camera-bag-6-thumb2x.jpg

Which one do you think is more accurate? Also, gunmetal HW is love.
The darker gray. It's not light at all. If it was a lighter and more gray I probably would have liked it more but it's a weird gray.. that has a hue of brown.
I think the one i got is called a perforated love box crossbody. I posted it on the purchases thread last
December. Here it is! It was sold out in the site and it's a wonder I found it here! [emoji173]img1482166328323.jpeg

The darker gray. It's not light at all. If it was a lighter and more gray I probably would have liked it more but it's a weird gray.. that has a hue of brown.
I think the one i got is called a perforated love box crossbody. I posted it on the purchases thread last
December. Here it is! It was sold out in the site and it's a wonder I found it here! [emoji173]View attachment 3588353

Cute! Is this Deep Red?