The Loewe Flamenco

Casa Loewe, Barcelona: I came out with a different bag than I went in for but a wonderful experience (and bag).

The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and you are offered refreshments. I went in for the Paseo satchel but was horrified to learn it is discontinued and no bags are available in Barcelona. To cut a long story short, I was seduced by the Flamenco Clutch in Warm Sands with the matching leather strap. Like the Paseo Satchel, I feel this bag shows off the buttery Napa Calf Leather. love the way it can be worn three ways: clutch, handbag, crossbody or shoulder bag. The magnetic closure is very satisfying and I like the way the shoulder strap fastens neatly inside the bag and has 5 adjustment notches. You can stow it inside the bag still attached without it being visible from the outside.

The bag is just large enough for all essentials like a phone, Kindle, keys, brush and makeup. It doesn’t have any internal pockets and I would prefer one but I can live with it. It’s an absolute beauty and I will wear it a lot. I’m going “estrenar” it tonight at the Opera!

Attachments

• IMG_9221.jpeg
    IMG_9221.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9220.jpeg
    IMG_9220.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9214.jpeg
    IMG_9214.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9222.jpeg
    IMG_9222.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9223.jpeg
    IMG_9223.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9224.jpeg
    IMG_9224.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9225.jpeg
    IMG_9225.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hi everyone! I am thinking of adding a mini Flamenco, I was quit set on the color chocolate but when I saw the bag in dark burgundy I got a little bit confused, I think both colors can fit my daily style and color palette of my wardrobe. would love to hear your opinions :smile: thank you!
What did you end up getting? I'm close to purchasing the Flamenco Purse but I'm torn between the burgundy and the black. Both would suit my wardrobe so it's tough choice!

What did you end up getting? I'm close to purchasing the Flamenco Purse but I'm torn between the burgundy and the black. Both would suit my wardrobe so it's tough choice!
Hi! I didn’t decide, I am still debating as both colors are truly beautiful and I think I can use easily. In the meantime I got a puzzle tote in canvas that I was very sure about :angel:

Just saw the new blue color. So now I have to decide if I will eventually get the new Abyss Blue or Warm Dessert.
Blue is my favorite color but I don’t own a light brown bag.
This blue is with silver it’s really pretty
I love the colour too now I'm thinking I need a bag in that colour either a flamenco or puzzle. I even found myself considering other bags I don't think will work for me because I already have a mini flamenco and small puzzle Somehow the name of the colour makes me like it more

If it helps with your decision for the moment it looks like this is a seasonal colour so won't be around there have been other similar dark blues but there's something about this one. Whereas warm dessert seems to be a classic colour they use season after season so the warm dessert might be around longer than the abyss. So depending on when your planning on buying might affect which colour is available. I guess it depends on your wardrobe which would fit in better what you already have and if you feel another blue bag would be too many blue bags

Reactions: shopnaddict
Really love the use of surplus leather, the look of this new Flamenco, and how they are pulling inspiration from the natural world.

The price is interesting as I assume their goal is to keep profits high and at the same price parity as the other bags. Given they are using surplus leather that they already bought and accounted for in the production of those other bags, it would have been great to see the price be lower to reflect that. Of course, they can make the counterargument that all the cutting/piecing together increased the labor cost, but I think it's safe to say their profit margin is much higher versus actual production costs.

Really love the use of surplus leather, the look of this new Flamenco, and how they are pulling inspiration from the natural world.

The price is interesting as I assume their goal is to keep profits high and at the same price parity as the other bags. Given they are using surplus leather that they already bought and accounted for in the production of those other bags, it would have been great to see the price be lower to reflect that. Of course, they can make the counterargument that all the cutting/piecing together increased the labor cost, but I think it's safe to say their profit margin is much higher versus actual production costs.
I really expected them to be more expensive given the artistry.