The Last Kingdom on Netflix

I’m truly surprised this show is not more popular. I’m enjoying it more than Game of Thrones. I feel very fortunate to be able to binge the whole series since it concluded last year and a movie wrapping up the story was released earlier this month. I just started season 3 and continue to be obsessed. There’s never a lull in the storyline and the characters are rich and complex. The acting is top notch with no shortage of eye candy to boot.

Reactions: purseinsanity
I’m truly surprised this show is not more popular. I’m enjoying it more than Game of Thrones. I feel very fortunate to be able to binge the whole series since it concluded last year and a movie wrapping up the story was released earlier this month. I just started season 3 and continue to be obsessed. There’s never a lull in the storyline and the characters are rich and complex. The acting is top notch with no shortage of eye candy to boot.
I love this show! My sister recommended it to me years ago because we loved Vikings while Ragnar was still on it, and this started off with Vikings and a Ragnar as well, and we were not disappointed at all. I haven't watched the movie yet. What a treat to be able to watch all the seasons and the movie at a quick pace! My biggest trouble with these types of shows is that there is so much time in between seasons that I forget characters' names. There are so many Athel somethings in this that it really confused me!

Reactions: Lady Zhuge
I know a lot of people that watched it. We just didn’t hear about it, not much press. But I have really enjoyed it, great series.

Reactions: Lady Zhuge
Alexander Dreymon is FIIINE. I mean Allison Williams left her husband for him after they met filming the film Horizon Line....so yeah..

He sure is! Jon Snow has absolutely nothing on Uhtred.

I didn’t know that tidbit about Allison Williams, but wouldn’t be surprised. I thought she started dating Alexander after separating from her husband.

I love this show! My sister recommended it to me years ago because we loved Vikings while Ragnar was still on it, and this started off with Vikings and a Ragnar as well, and we were not disappointed at all. I haven't watched the movie yet. What a treat to be able to watch all the seasons and the movie at a quick pace! My biggest trouble with these types of shows is that there is so much time in between seasons that I forget characters' names. There are so many Athel somethings in this that it really confused me!

Agree about the names; I just try to remember the last syllable. I’m going to watch Vikings next, though I’ve heard it’s not as good after season 4.

I know a lot of people that watched it. We just didn’t hear about it, not much press. But I have really enjoyed it, great series.

The quality of this show speaks for itself, but it feels like a sleeper hit if this forum is any indication. Game of Thrones has multiple threads with thousands of posts, yet this thread has barely made it to page two.

Reactions: purseinsanity