The JADE thread!

Yeah most likely would be whatever dye the jade’s been sitting on (which to be honest could be anything of cloth material thinking about it again). Also I’m the same to with dunking my precious pet rocks into baby oil :lol:
Also I could use acetone as well but that would definitely result in my pieces still looking like a vampire just decided to do his way with my pieces, and I can’t rely myself with waxing it since I know I would mess it up somehow.
LOL I completely understand :smile: I practiced on some slabs before I felt comfortable doing it. Hopefully you find something that works for you.

Reactions: AJadecent Angle
I think that if it is a recent stain, it should be easier to remove with just regular cleaning products. I don't know, but if it's still stubbornly clinging on, I suspect it may have been there to start with when you purchased the bangle which has now revealed itself after you've worn it for some time. I don't know much, but that's what I think.

Hi all! I am new to this thread and am hoping that someone can give me some information about a jade pendant.
My husband and I went to China about 8 years ago on a Viking tour, which stopped at a government owned jade factory/store. We were assured that all the jade items were of good quality, but I do wonder. I have no paperwork this item. Extra points if anyone can confirm the writing in the middle of the donut - I was told it says ‘compassion’ or something close to that. I appreciate any and all information that you can share with me. 65EBF095-FE39-4BD6-BD2E-8BE4C413F01E.jpeg8EA4E4BE-D522-44FF-BC41-7CD3F24D45CF.jpeg

Hi all! I am new to this thread and am hoping that someone can give me some information about a jade pendant.
My husband and I went to China about 8 years ago on a Viking tour, which stopped at a government owned jade factory/store. We were assured that all the jade items were of good quality, but I do wonder. I have no paperwork this item. Extra points if anyone can confirm the writing in the middle of the donut - I was told it says ‘compassion’ or something close to that. I appreciate any and all information that you can share with me. View attachment 5152189View attachment 5152190
The character in the middle of the donut is 福 pronounced "fu" and means good fortune.

Finally settled on the little green nephrite beads to take the place of the little wooden ones. I do wish I could find some beads that match a bit better, but these aren’t too bad :smile:

View attachment 5150240

View attachment 5150241
That’s lovely CR! Thanks for the great shot of your nephrite. Now I can clearly see the diff between nephrite and jadeite cos I haven’t seen nephrite IRL before!

Hi Jadies, anyone wears a solid gold bangle with their jade bangle 24/7? Does the jade scratch the gold, jade being harder, and does the gold clang against the jade too much causing “damage”? Thinking of getting a Cartier love bracelet (slim version) which will prob be worn 24/7 but I also always wear a jade bangle 24/7! Appreciate your advice!

Hi Jadies, anyone wears a solid gold bangle with their jade bangle 24/7? Does the jade scratch the gold, jade being harder, and does the gold clang against the jade too much causing “damage”? Thinking of getting a Cartier love bracelet (slim version) which will prob be worn 24/7 but I also always wear a jade bangle 24/7! Appreciate your advice!

I did wear one that way but with a gold bracelet . No scratches at all . I think jadeite is very hard and don’t easily scratched . As long as the bracelet isn’t very sharp and too heavy .

This round princess below is a black jadeite .AA28D2FE-5175-43A3-BB1A-C4CB4F516F76.jpeg

I have Edwards black nephrite bangle from Allan Sephar made before , and there are scratches even for normal wearing without wearing them with bracelets , just on its own from daily wear & tear .

Jadeite is harder . Less likely to scratch . But not as tough as nephrite . If bang jade against stuff , cracks are more likely .

Nephrite is tougher due to its interwoven fiber . Less likely to crack when encountering brute blunt force , however it’s softer easier to scratch .
These are my observations

Icy white with jadeite beads of various shades. Wearing them after they been oiled in baby oil and given a soak in water .

View attachment 5152807
I did wear one that way but with a gold bracelet . No scratches at all . I think jadeite is very hard and don’t easily scratched . As long as the bracelet isn’t very sharp and too heavy .

This round princess below is a black jadeite .View attachment 5152832

I have Edwards black nephrite bangle from Allan Sephar made before , and there are scratches even for normal wearing without wearing them with bracelets , just on its own from daily wear & tear .

Jadeite is harder . Less likely to scratch . But not as tough as nephrite . If bang jade against stuff , cracks are more likely .

Nephrite is tougher due to its interwoven fiber . Less likely to crack when encountering brute blunt force , however it’s softer easier to scratch .
These are my observations
Thank you Bernie! Wow those candy colour beads are so pretty!! I hv never seen colours like these before. You do hv the prettiest jades! Drool

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
My husband and I went to China about 8 years ago on a Viking tour, which stopped at a government owned jade factory/store. We were assured that all the jade items were of good quality, but I do wonder. I have no paperwork this item. Extra points if anyone can confirm the writing in the middle of the donut - I was told it says ‘compassion’ or something close to that. I appreciate any and all information that you can share with me. View attachment 5152189View attachment 5152190

The gold shape at the top of your pendant is called a mystic knot. It's a symbol for longevity and eternity. I'm a big fan of mystic knots and have quite a few in jadeite and also one in white gold and diamonds but definitely not one combined in this way with a donut. I think the donut is supposed to symbolise protection. I'm also a fan of donuts :biggrin:

The gold shape at the top of your pendant is called a mystic knot. It's a symbol for longevity and eternity. I'm a big fan of mystic knots and have quite a few in jadeite and also one in white gold and diamonds but definitely not one combined in this way with a donut. I think the donut is supposed to symbolise protection. I'm also a fan of donuts :biggrin:

Thank you! Can you shed any light on the quality of the jade (or is this jadeite) itself? I was told that the bright, bold green color was desirable, but I don’t know if I was just getting a salesperson’s pitch.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Thank you! Can you shed any light on the quality of the jade (or is this jadeite) itself? I was told that the bright, bold green color was desirable, but I don’t know if I was just getting a salesperson’s pitch.

I think this is apple green so it is quite a desirable colour and would be a desirable jadeite piece if it were untreated Grade A jadeite. The only way to be sure is to send it for testing by a reputable lab. To be honest, I have never actually sent pieces for testing because either the jeweller sent it for testing or I bought the pieces from a seller that others have spoken highly of and hence, I didn't see the need for testing. Sorry I can't be more helpful

Thank you Bernie! Wow those candy colour beads are so pretty!! I hv never seen colours like these before. You do hv the prettiest jades! Drool

hello , thanks sweetheart . It’s just different variety of jadeite beads ( yellow / green lavender and glutinous white ) strung together . I m abit too rainbow-y for my own good:biggrin::biggrin: . Love the candy shades .

I saw a bracelet on li - hong . Trying not to get tempted:P:P . The orange and blue looks delicious but likely not so good for my wallet:yucky: