The JADE thread!

Hi everyone, I'm back with a small piece. I had found this wood pendant on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/766284393/natural-black-sandalwood-pixiu-pattern?ref=hp_rv-1 and wished it came in jade. Lucky me not long after, GREENDEERbymui on Etsy had exactly that! It's a super slight lavender that looks pale pink. I had admired her string work for some time; she makes simple, beautiful, very feminine pieces. I usually don't like the mass produced cords that come with pendants and I end up restringing them, so I was excited to find her. Her pieces are uncertified, but she tests them herself and I UV tested it and it appears legitimate. It's really high polish and nicely carved; my photo doesn't do it justice.

Now, the wood version says it's a pixiu, but Mui called hers a bat. I'm not sure which it is! It does have a head/horn like a pixiu. There's no coin in it's mouth or anywhere on the pendant, and I've never seen just a bat head without wings.pixiuorbat.jpg

How disappointing! If it's quartzite why even put jade in the same sentence ☹
Jade is a really broad (and misleading) term since really only 2 (3 if you consider Omphacite as jade) are considered real jade.
Also Nephrite usually is almost uniform in color or has 2 colors to it (green,white,brown,blue,black) and almost always has dendrites, although the Quartzite bangle looks like a good replica of Jadeite.

Last edited:
When you jade aficionados go to make "best offers" on bangles, is there a general percentage off the BIN number that you recommend starting at? I usually shop on Etsy and I'm slowly learning the eBay ropes. Thanks!

When you jade aficionados go to make "best offers" on bangles, is there a general percentage off the BIN number that you recommend starting at? I usually shop on Etsy and I'm slowly learning the eBay ropes. Thanks!
For me it’s usually message the seller first on negotiations and start from there so it’s easier to hear them list their preferred lower price.

Reactions: bella89
Oh my! Honestly it looks like you got your ring from jade los angeles as it looks like something they’d have :lol:
Additionally isn’t koojade overpriced in some of their items? I’ve seen their listings and questioned it sometimes.
The green ring was a “Best Buy” and I was able to negotiate on the lavender pendant so the price I thought was fair. They have really good customer service though. They FedExed the pieces to me due to the delay from Lunar New Year (post office closed) at no extra charge and was going to pay for me to send back the ring for resizing if I decided to keep it. As it were, I decided I didn’t like green enough to do it much justice and returned it. They paid for FedEx return shipping which was $100+ one way.

Found this little gem , another one to add to my stack I wear all time .Thank you so much for letting me share my new black chic bangle ,I have some parts have very good clear transolution, hard to get the picture of them

Looking great! Is this a square cut black bangle? Still waiting for mine to arrive. Covid-19 has slowed down shipping from Hong Kong to my home country of Malaysia

Looking great! Is this a square cut black bangle? Still waiting for mine to arrive. Covid-19 has slowed down shipping from Hong Kong to my home country of Malaysia
Same for me for all my sellers I bought who lives in China.. I really didn’t think the coronavirus has caused such delays even now and it stinks for both ends! :frown:
Fortunately it seems like delivery times has started to slowly become back to normal.