The "I'm Krazy for IKat Floral" Club

Update from late May...

I realized, after I originally posted here about my dark pink straps melting, that I had actually purchased my Ikat NF from Ann's Fabulous Finds, so I contacted them. They were unbelievably gracious and helpful. My bag went first to them, then to LV, then to Paris (too bad I didn't get to go, too!) for replacement of straps... and was delivered back to me today. (Ann's even sent it in their own lovely branded dust bag.) LV didn't charge anything for the repair, so the whole thing, thankfully, cost me nothing.

Pics are attached, although I don't know that they show anything really. I am nervous that at some later date the melting might happen again... I think I will just avoid carrying it in HOT weather.20180801_161634~2.jpg20180801_161703~2.jpg

Reactions: MeepMeep67
Update from late May...

I realized, after I originally posted here about my dark pink straps melting, that I had actually purchased my Ikat NF from Ann's Fabulous Finds, so I contacted them. They were unbelievably gracious and helpful. My bag went first to them, then to LV, then to Paris (too bad I didn't get to go, too!) for replacement of straps... and was delivered back to me today. (Ann's even sent it in their own lovely branded dust bag.) LV didn't charge anything for the repair, so the whole thing, thankfully, cost me nothing.

Pics are attached, although I don't know that they show anything really. I am nervous that at some later date the melting might happen again... I think I will just avoid carrying it in HOT weather.View attachment 4150961View attachment 4150962
If you ever want to sell your bag let me know; I am actually looking for IKAT with replaced straps. I live in a very cool climate so I think Id be ok with carry this around!

I am the original owner for my IKAT. I didn't carry it around much but after reading the forum posts looked and saw that my straps too were melting. After getting them replaced through LV, I haven't had any problems. Has anyone else experienced an issue after replacement?

I've seen a few reports of people having them replaced twice. It's such a shame, such a gorgeous bag. I had mentioned in a previous post that if I buy an IKAT I'd get one with replaced straps to begin with. If you know anyone let me know! There is actually a place in NYC that replaces the straps and looks almost like new, and people have not had problems with it.

Hello,
I have the same issue with my pink Neverfull Ikat. I didn‘t notice that the straps were melting THAT MUCH when I carried it after a long time.
My new coat is also ruined and it‘s not possible to wash out the stains.
I bought this bag in 2013, I am from Germany.
Do they still replace the straps for free? Or is there any other possibility (money back, voucher?).
It‘s not only the straps on the top, but also the straps at the side of the bag. And also in the interior there are a few pink stains.
And what about my new coat? :sad: It cost 140€.

Attachments

• C637B29D-2380-4FFC-A6F7-9E225A452212.jpeg
    C637B29D-2380-4FFC-A6F7-9E225A452212.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 160
  • E7070BB7-CED1-41C2-A81E-4B455768F388.jpeg
    E7070BB7-CED1-41C2-A81E-4B455768F388.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 86A1F67D-06AA-41B9-B319-E0EB869599EB.jpeg
    86A1F67D-06AA-41B9-B319-E0EB869599EB.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 161
  • C42BD4FC-7764-416C-AF5D-1293F156342A.jpeg
    C42BD4FC-7764-416C-AF5D-1293F156342A.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 161
I've seen a few reports of people having them replaced twice. It's such a shame, such a gorgeous bag. I had mentioned in a previous post that if I buy an IKAT I'd get one with replaced straps to begin with. If you know anyone let me know! There is actually a place in NYC that replaces the straps and looks almost like new, and people have not had problems with it.
I live in Massachusetts and did not use all of my Ikats regularly. Every one I won melted. LV replaces all no problem.

Hello,
I have the same issue with my pink Neverfull Ikat. I didn‘t notice that the straps were melting THAT MUCH when I carried it after a long time.
My new coat is also ruined and it‘s not possible to wash out the stains.
I bought this bag in 2013, I am from Germany.
Do they still replace the straps for free? Or is there any other possibility (money back, voucher?).
It‘s not only the straps on the top, but also the straps at the side of the bag. And also in the interior there are a few pink stains.
And what about my new coat? :sad: It cost 140€.
Hi!

LV should be able to replace all the leather at no charge. All 3 of my Ikats had the trim on handles, sides and top replaced without me asking. My melting was minor.

Need receipt or they need to see it in your purchase history.

I don’t believe they will do anything about your coat. You can ask, but you should be able to peel the melted stuff off. It’s almost like wax... annoying but it can be done.

It was been a known defect and at one point they were just taking the bags back. You can either get a credit or the straps replaces.

I opted for the replacement straps as I have matching pieces and well they are truly beautiful....

Good luck with everything.

And another question to those who were offered store credit: How much did you get? The full amount of the bag price or much less?

I received a call for a defective bag and I brought it in to LV at Neiman Marcus.
They credited me the full price plus the tax I paid - they prefer you to do an exchange but otherwise you can get store credit but only at a “free” standing LV not an LV inside a department store because apparently they run their registers on which ever department store they are in.
I did the exchange because I didn’t want to drive to the “free” standing LV for the credit.
I would also bring the jacket in and receipt if possible - because my SA did ask me if any of my clothing got ruined - that they would reimburse - but I told them only a sweater and I already threw it out.
Good Luck

I am the original owner for my IKAT. I didn't carry it around much but after reading the forum posts looked and saw that my straps too were melting. After getting them replaced through LV, I haven't had any problems. Has anyone else experienced an issue after replacement?
Yes mine melted twice. And the current straps have marks.

I received a call for a defective bag and I brought it in to LV at Neiman Marcus.
They credited me the full price plus the tax I paid - they prefer you to do an exchange but otherwise you can get store credit but only at a “free” standing LV not an LV inside a department store because apparently they run their registers on which ever department store they are in.
I did the exchange because I didn’t want to drive to the “free” standing LV for the credit.
I would also bring the jacket in and receipt if possible - because my SA did ask me if any of my clothing got ruined - that they would reimburse - but I told them only a sweater and I already threw it out.
Good Luck

:amazed:

Last edited: