The "I think this is sort of amusing" Hermes Thread ...

Isn't the story behing the CdC cuff that it was designed so that a dog leash coud be clipped onto the ring on the front of the cuff? Or maybe it was intended to leash up something (or someone) else :graucho::graucho:

I think you're definitely right, rushka, and I'll bet Hermes is never going to tell us just what they really intended.

I actually very nearly didn't buy mine for this exact reason! I thought it might look like something a goth would buy from a market!!! :lol:

I saw yours in your reveal and it looks very nice on you. You'll need a black one, though, if you want to wear one to the Cure concert. :smile:

I've been tempted by them, but I'm so stodgy that the only jewelry I feel ok wearing is a watch, and I've sunk too much money into rings and other jewelry I THOUGHT I'd wear but was wrong about. I really liked the embroidered ones they made.

For me though, I think it looks odd to not have something attached to the little ring. Do people ever attach cadenas to them, or would that just mess up both the cadena and the CdC?

Matt, I think attaching anything to them would make a mess of the studs and the cadena as well. Not to mention the racket!!

I do get comments when I wear mine. They range......:graucho:

I love the S&M vibe of the CDC. It is a stark contrast to my fairly basic, understated wardrobe. Makes people look twice. Sometimes 3 times.

And come on...those knee high Hermes Boots although they are riding boots...once you put turn locks , extra straps and chains on them...yup>>>the whole equestrian thing is out the window or should I say, "must submit" to S&M again... LOL!

And please, the crocodile jackets? That's gotta be something some designer thought up when doing Rx and listening to some old Kiss records or something...LOL!
Yeah baby I wanna be your reptile!!! LOL!

Ok,the Croc jackets are cool but they are also kind of Gene Simons..and sort of sci-fi..am I right?? Or Crocodile Dundee does metro-sexual ? No?

What about the jumbo choker? I started with that before the CDC and that definitely got stares (I work in a very conservative environment/profession). Something about that hook around my neck....

What about the jumbo choker? I started with that before the CDC and that definitely got stares (I work in a very conservative environment/profession). Something about that hook around my neck....

Well..I wouldn't wonder :graucho: what they were thinking...or should I say hoping?;)