Scarves The Hermès Spring Summer 2018 Scarves

This one must have been posted already. But I want to share because I find the colors irl so different from stock photos. I didn’t like it when I saw the photo but my SA “thought of me” when he saw this CW and put aside for me. I’m not sure why because I don’t see myself as a bubblegum pink or turquoise person. But when I tried it on, it was a very nice surprise. I’m especially impressed with the emerald green elements on the scarves this season. They’re so smartly proportioned. I’m still thinking if I should bring it home, but I’ll admit I can’t seem to get it off my mind.

Jaguar Quetzal
CW 03 turquoise / vert / rose

View attachment 4001953

View attachment 4001954

View attachment 4001955

View attachment 4001956

This is really pretty! And so far I have had no interest in this design. Danger!

This one must have been posted already. But I want to share because I find the colors irl so different from stock photos. I didn’t like it when I saw the photo but my SA “thought of me” when he saw this CW and put aside for me. I’m not sure why because I don’t see myself as a bubblegum pink or turquoise person. But when I tried it on, it was a very nice surprise. I’m especially impressed with the emerald green elements on the scarves this season. They’re so smartly proportioned. I’m still thinking if I should bring it home, but I’ll admit I can’t seem to get it off my mind.

Jaguar Quetzal
CW 03 turquoise / vert / rose

View attachment 4001953

View attachment 4001954

View attachment 4001955

View attachment 4001956
Your SA knows you well, cavalla! Imagine him setting aside a CSGM not in your usual colours and it matches your outfit the day you try it on! :shocked: :P
I just brought home the ROBE du SOIR 90 cm cw 01 gris perle/orange/vert

View attachment 4002021
That grey is luminescent, Croisette! You and @lanit are so enabling with RdS silks!
Congratulations on your JQ, Freckles!

Confession time:

I really hadn’t paid much notice to these 2 particular patterns, probably because I’ve been so focused on hunting down PdS shawls and JQs in my ideal colorway (I’m still on the hunt for cw01). To my surprise, I ended up bringing these two home:

La Maison des Oiseaux Parleurs
(Even though I dislike birds)

IMG_1827.jpg

Della Cavalleria Favolosa

IMG_1823.jpg

Oh, and I forgot:

IMG_1825.jpg

This jacquard Geopards 90. I guess I didn’t count it since technically, I already have a geopards... ha ha.

One of the challenges for me this season is that H is offering the same colorways for all designs which means that my inclination from the git-go was to pick the blue colorways in every pattern I liked which meant I had a pile of only blue silks on the counter. Yes, there was some variation— Bleu jean vs Bleu Caban, etc. But still, not a lot of variety.

Then I went home and started taking stock of how many blue silks I already have (a lot). So then I went back to the drawing board and tried to identify non-blue colorways that I probably dismissed outright for the sole reason that I knew I a blue colorway was available. Let’s just say— this was really really hard for me. And, I was adamant that I wasn’t going to buy a non-blue colorway that I was just “meh” about. This is the problem when H decides to do the same colorways for all its scarves this season!

IMG_1737.jpgIMG_1740.jpgIMG_1742.jpgIMG_1681.jpgIMG_1736.jpgIMG_1823.jpg

So this is me, attempting to stretch myself colorwise:

IMG_1827.jpgIMG_1825.jpgIMG_1753.jpg

Yeah, I’m not sure it’s working out...

I understand. The vast majority of my H collection is blue. I do branch out occasionally but I know that blue is my favourite. No two blues are the same and different patterns suit different outfits. May as well stick to what you like. I do take the trouble to try on different cws and sometimes I get a nice surprise but generally I pick the blue one because that's the one I like the most!
No use in fighting it; get what you love! :biggrin:

Very striking Croisette! Beautiful.

It’s beautiful on you! Wanted to compare this one to the 05, but they didn’t have it in my boutique at the time.

Looks fierce on your black jacket Croisette!

Obviously love it, twins! :ghi5:

Your SA knows you well, cavalla! Imagine him setting aside a CSGM not in your usual colours and it matches your outfit the day you try it on! :shocked: :P

That grey is luminescent, Croisette! You and @lanit are so enabling with RdS silks!

Congratulations on your JQ, Freckles!
Thank you Pautinka, Angelian & litchi!

One of the challenges for me this season is that H is offering the same colorways for all designs which means that my inclination from the git-go was to pick the blue colorways in every pattern I liked which meant I had a pile of only blue silks on the counter. Yes, there was some variation— Bleu jean vs Bleu Caban, etc. But still, not a lot of variety.

Lala it must be hard :confused1: and you made great choices ,isn't OIseaux Parleurs just amazing?

This colour family malarkey has gone down so badly with all of us .It goes against the grain of any artistic soul , and loving these silk is all about Art.
I love the CSGMs this Season, but although I love some of the silk designs none of the colour families are quite right for me . In the end it was a past season's Ndop that won the day last week .

Lala it must be hard :confused1: and you made great choices ,isn't OIseaux Parleurs just amazing?

This colour family malarkey has gone down so badly with all of us .It goes against the grain of any artistic soul , and loving these silk is all about Art.
I love the CSGMs this Season, but although I love some of the silk designs none of the colour families are quite right for me . In the end it was a past season's Ndop that won the day last week .

You hit the nail on the head! I don’t mind having a whole drawer of blue scarves, but I would prefer that they come from many different seasons as opposed to from one single season. I like to look at my silks and remember when I got them— what my life was like at that time? were my kids little still? what state I was living in? — instead of looking at all the blue ones and thinking, “oh, yes, I remember, that was SS 2018.” Lol!

You hit the nail on the head! I don’t mind having a whole drawer of blue scarves, but I would prefer that they come from many different seasons as opposed to from one single season. I like to look at my silks and remember when I got them— what my life was like at that time? were my kids little still? what state I was living in? — instead of looking at all the blue ones and thinking, “oh, yes, I remember, that was SS 2018.” Lol!
You said everything I would've said, lala! Different blues from different seasons, please! I agree with you 100%.

Unfortunately, word from my SA is this color family nonsense will continue for Fall 2018.

Dear H corporate, my wallet thanks you.