The Hermès Jypsiere

I love how you added the smaller strap with the twilly!

Hi! I am curious, if not too much trouble would you post a mod shot?
I took a picture, which is horrible, so not posting, but you are correct MY bag looks the same as in your mod shots, so I was wrong about the sizes. So sorry for the confusion.

I've noticed that for some reason the Jypsiere looks a fair bit larger in photographs than it does in reality.
When I see photos of me wearing my 31 I think..."oh gosh..It really IS big!" but yet looking at myself in a mirror it looks better proportioned against my frame.
I think, it's because it sticks out as it has a lot of depth. Might be the same effect with noses in selfies :lol:

I've noticed that for some reason the Jypsiere looks a fair bit larger in photographs than it does in reality.
When I see photos of me wearing my 31 I think..."oh gosh..It really IS big!" but yet looking at myself in a mirror it looks better proportioned against my frame.
I feel the same way. I'm like, wait, it doesn't really look that big in real life! ha ha

I think the pics are what put me off this style for so long. It wasn’t until I saw one IRL and had the chance to have a lovely conversation with its owner that I changed my tune. It really isn’t that big, and the shallowness at the top really helps things from getting out of control size-wise for me. Of course, in their infinite wisdom, I understand H no longer produces this size. :sad:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I think the pics are what put me off this style for so long. It wasn’t until I saw one IRL and had the chance to have a lovely conversation with its owner that I changed my tune. It really isn’t that big, and the shallowness at the top really helps things from getting out of control size-wise for me. Of course, in their infinite wisdom, I understand H no longer produces this size. :sad:
I believe size 28 is still available and the mini. 28 is very similar to the 31. They discontinued everything bigger than size 28 from what I was told by my SA.

Reactions: textilegirl
Does anyone have both an evelyne 29 or 33 and a jypsiere? Which do you prefer and why?
I have an Evelyne 29 and Jypsiere 28.

Evelyne gets used much more (I own 3!). It’s a great daily bag for my lifestyle as a busy mom. I love my Jypsiere but the easy access just makes my Evelyne get used more. I actually prefer to use my jypsiere when not with the kids, though I have a toddler.

Even though my Evelynes get used more, I think both are great bags! I just really value the ability to get things out of my bag as quickly as possible these days. :lol:

Does anyone have both an evelyne 29 or 33 and a jypsiere? Which do you prefer and why?
I do, and plan to keep both because I feel they serve different stylistic purposes. I need crossbody bags in my life; the evelyne is super casual for me, sling and go. But for certain kinds of travel I wanted something a bit less casual and a bit more secure, although I've never really felt unsafe with my evelyne even though it’s open. (I use zippered pouches and stuff a scarf/shawl/something on top.) I’m very happy with both styles.

ETA: my jypsiere is a 31, the evelynes are 29s.

I have them both. I don't actually have a preference it depends on what I am doing that day. If I want something that is quick to go and easy to get in that would be the Evelyne. So something more secure of a more dressed up style the Jypsiere.

Ps. My Jypsiere is the 31 my Evelynes are the TPM and 29 II and III.