The Handmaid's Tale on HULU

Just finished Season 2. I felt it had some great moments. I loved the episode in Canada. But I felt overall very little happened the entire season. Perhaps I prefer shows that move a little faster.
I feel the same about the pace. I'm now wondering if I felt the 1st season moved at a better pace simply because it was able to be consumed all at once instead of needing to wait for a new episode each week.

This show serves as a filler for me while I'm waiting for other shows to come back on air so I think releasing a new episode each week kind of devalued the show for me a bit....if that makes sense. At this point, I kind of feel like a show has to really make me want to wait a week in anticipation of the next episode...THT isn't that type of show for me. I'll probably just binge the next season if I don't cancel Hulu.

I feel the same about the pace. I'm now wondering if I felt the 1st season moved at a better pace simply because it was able to be consumed all at once instead of needing to wait for a new episode each week.

This show serves as a filler for me while I'm waiting for other shows to come back on air so I think releasing a new episode each week kind of devalued the show for me a bit....if that makes sense. At this point, I kind of feel like a show has to really make me want to wait a week in anticipation of the next episode...THT isn't that type of show for me. I'll probably just binge the next season if I don't cancel Hulu.
Aww that's sweet that you watched on Hulu...

giphy.gif

I watch it on HBO Nordic but my mom has Amazon prime and it's there but you need to pay I think.

The finale truly was a stunner. Man Serena Joy is the best character but Moira is second and it sucks how Little they did with the Canada part of the storyline especially Moira. I think she should have gotten the baby to Moira and then work with her husband to go in Bonnie and Clyde style and heist out Hannah.

.... But that wouldn't have Elizabeth Moss in a red robe and white wings on her head. I start to find every storyline very predictable if you just ask the question, what needs to happen to get June back into her handmaid outfit and back around the Waterfords? They are so invested in what can happen in that house when June is wearing that outfit in that role, with the Waterfords losing their **** in one way or another, and the supporting Martha and Driver Nick fluttering around the edges that they don't seem to have balls to move beyond that basic premise.
I think they need to get brave and move the story into a realm where we really don't know what is happening next and we start to see the steps towards the inevitable downfall of Gilead and a ton of character development with Moira and Serena Joy as they are knee deep in it. I think Elizabeth Moss does an amazing job carrying this series where the majority of screen time is a close up of her anguished (or imploding with restrained anger) face, but they have maybe gotten lazy and formulaic with wanting to just keep the camera on June in red and zooming in on her wings-flanked-face full of emotion. It's not enough for more than 2 seasons.

Reactions: CanuckBagLover