The GST Club

By the way... if you are itching to buy something else Chanel... how about a mini o-case and card holder for your new lovely GST? They fit great in that tote! I have a matching set in dark pink that looks quite happy in my bags.

I think another trip to Chanel is in your future! [emoji1]
Oh no don't start!:lol:. Oddly enough, I've never been much into purchasing designer wallets, accessories for designer bags, I don't know why. I'm using a large plastic ziploc for my white GST now, paranoia has set in big time! You want to crack up laughing?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: (perfect fit!!!)

Look at the left side of bag, top of plastic against zipper.. You will see one of the spots a darker gray.

0926181516_HDR[19167].jpg

That's exactly what I do. I put the ribbons, camellia inside the boxes and black out my personal info on receipt part when taking photos of the bag to consign. I do not mail that to them though. It does give you credibility and more $$$ for your bag when you sell.:tup:

That's exactly why I was asking. Leather surgeons seems to think it's fine as I asked about it using their label (they will tack on the price when job is finished for back and forth) but it's not insured. UPS only insures to $100.00. I'm uncomfortable.
In my experience I think all of the shippers are all kind of risky. I've had bad experiences myself in the past.
I'm just not sure using that label. He did say it's not all that easy getting your money back, they put in depreciation, bla, bla, bla. :facepalm:

PS. I would like to express ship it too!

Hi! For the safest, I would go with USPS Registered Mail. I have sent a lot of high dollar jewelry in for cleaning and repair via USPS Registered Mail. Very very safe. USPS limit is $50K, so a bag is definitely in the range. It will take a day or two longer but it’s worth it. If you are a tiny bit concerned, definitely go with USPS Registered Mail.

Good luck! Leather Surgeons is great. Now you have me dying to get my white GST back and see how it looks! [emoji1]

Reactions: whiteswan1010
Oh no don't start!:lol:. Oddly enough, I've never been much into purchasing designer wallets, accessories for designer bags, I don't know why. I'm using a large plastic ziploc for my white GST now, paranoia has set in big time! You want to crack up laughing?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: (perfect fit!!!)

Look at the left side of bag, top of plastic against zipper.. You will see one of the spots a darker gray.

View attachment 4207512

Yes... I see it. Ok... that would kind of bug me too. If it were me, I’d send it in only because of where it is and staring at it would annoy me. Anywhere else where I can’t see it would not bother me, but it’s the aesthetics.

A ziploc! You gotta give your beautiful GST more love than a ziploc! I used to not be a SLG fan either. But then one of my friends, who always has a nice wallet, ragged on me and said a nice wallet is part of the whole look. Then she gave me a Chanel wallet as a Christmas gift. I was hooked! She’s right, it’s part of the whole look. You don’t need a lot of wallets... just one. Or in my case, I use a mini o-case and a card holder and I move it from bag to bag. Simple. And crazy as it sounds, I just love those little SLGs in my bag! It brings and ear to ear smile when I take them out and use them.

Hmmm.... After you drop your bag off at USPS(to send it on its way to Leather Surgeons), pop into a boutique and check out SLGs!

On waiting for cruise/spring, you are 100% correct. I would say about 80% of my bag purchases are from cruise/spring. I tend to like the happy colors that come out then. I am looking forward to cruise.

Hi! For the safest, I would go with USPS Registered Mail. I have sent a lot of high dollar jewelry in for cleaning and repair via USPS Registered Mail. Very very safe. USPS limit is $50K, so a bag is definitely in the range. It will take a day or two longer but it’s worth it. If you are a tiny bit concerned, definitely go with USPS Registered Mail.

Good luck! Leather Surgeons is great. Now you have me dying to get my white GST back and see how it looks! [emoji1]
Hi! Thank you - I agree, and would insure with USPS Registered Mail, quick delivery, everything! It's going to be pretty expensive though. That is one of the things stopping me from doing anything which it's been pretty unanimous including you. Yes, of course it is the money I paid for it, but I will never be able to replace a snow white/gold GST no matter the cost. I've been searching for a white classic for 6 years (true white) and stumbled upon this one.... If it was a classic bag that comes and goes with the seasons I would have to take the loss and just chalk it up to horrible luck and one day hopefully be able to replace. Not this one though. Better said is it has more sentiment to me? She is my favorite for some reason!:smile:

Oh my, how long ago did you mail yours in? Did they let you know it arrived safely pretty quick? It says on website can take a few days to log in. It's like torture!:shocked: I would be sitting on pins and needles until it came back. I have a good vibe and think it's going to be beautifully done. Plus you have dealt with this before. Let us know here and take a pic if you can.:smile:

Reactions: BigAkoya
Yes... I see it. Ok... that would kind of bug me too. If it were me, I’d send it in only because of where it is and staring at it would annoy me. Anywhere else where I can’t see it would not bother me, but it’s the aesthetics.

A ziploc! You gotta give your beautiful GST more love than a ziploc! I used to not be a SLG fan either. But then one of my friends, who always has a nice wallet, ragged on me and said a nice wallet is part of the whole look. Then she gave me a Chanel wallet as a Christmas gift. I was hooked! She’s right, it’s part of the whole look. You don’t need a lot of wallets... just one. Or in my case, I use a mini o-case and a card holder and I move it from bag to bag. Simple. And crazy as it sounds, I just love those little SLGs in my bag! It brings and ear to ear smile when I take them out and use them.

Hmmm.... After you drop your bag off at USPS(to send it on its way to Leather Surgeons), pop into a boutique and check out SLGs!

On waiting for cruise/spring, you are 100% correct. I would say about 80% of my bag purchases are from cruise/spring. I tend to like the happy colors that come out then. I am looking forward to cruise.
Exactly, it's where it had to land. Had it been the back or bottom, forget about it. Honestly, no one even noticed it (but me of course) I'm the only one laser focused on it.:lol::crybaby:

HAHAHA, yes a zip lock, no one even noticed that either....:lol:. Do you blame me?;) Seriously, I know. I did have an epi LV wallet I carried for at least 13 years it was made so well and loved it. Ayaya... I've done enough damage lately.:yes: (classic black Balmain)

I still can't believe Chanel put such a lining in these bags, and they said other years are worse. I was watching a TV show and women were carrying their Birkin's. It was raining. Guess what? They had pre-made plastic raincoats for them!:yes:

I agree 100 percent!! Cruise and Spring/Summer is the best for Chanel always.:heart: Something nice is coming!
I'm checking here all the time for a list, so far nothing. In 5-6 weeks they will start arriving in boutiques. It's strange no one has this year.:smile:

PS. I now remember why I steer clear of any satin blouses but I was clueless on this.

Reactions: BigAkoya
Hi! Thank you - I agree, and would insure with USPS Registered Mail, quick delivery, everything! It's going to be pretty expensive though. That is one of the things stopping me from doing anything which it's been pretty unanimous including you. Yes, of course it is the money I paid for it, but I will never be able to replace a snow white/gold GST no matter the cost. I've been searching for a white classic for 6 years (true white) and stumbled upon this one.... If it was a classic bag that comes and goes with the seasons I would have to take the loss and just chalk it up to horrible luck and one day hopefully be able to replace. Not this one though. Better said is it has more sentiment to me? She is my favorite for some reason!:smile:

Oh my, how long ago did you mail yours in? Did they let you know it arrived safely pretty quick? It says on website can take a few days to log in. It's like torture!:shocked: I would be sitting on pins and needles until it came back. I have a good vibe and think it's going to be beautifully done. Plus you have dealt with this before. Let us know here and take a pic if you can.:smile:

Hi! I just checked my emails from Gerry and I got the email they received my bags on 9/7. Just yesterday, I received my invoice and said they would ship the bags back to me, so it took about three weeks, and I had two bags for them to fix.

I used their label and put both bags in one box. Oh... FYI... I did not use my dust bags... I worry they will lose them. I just put the bags each in a big white kitchen trash bag.

I don’t blame you for loving your bag. White is my absolute favorite color for bags. I really hope cruise will have a white Coco Handle or tote. But my SA at NM said off white, which is not exactly the same. I have an off white/ivory GST that I really loved when I got it, but I don’t use it much now, so if cruise does come out with an off white/ivory, I need to think through that. I seem to use ivory more in the winter, as in winter white. Now.. if there is a matching ballet for that off white, I’m there! I must really love white/off white.

Do you have an ivory bag and do you use it a lot?

I’m going to ask Gerry to send me back my “before” photos. I deleted them and I should try and post before and after shots of my white GST for comparison. I think my bag should arrive sometime this coming week.

Good luck to you!

Hi! I just checked my emails from Gerry and I got the email they received my bags on 9/7. Just yesterday, I received my invoice and said they would ship the bags back to me, so it took about three weeks, and I had two bags for them to fix.

I used their label and put both bags in one box. Oh... FYI... I did not use my dust bags... I worry they will lose them. I just put the bags each in a big white kitchen trash bag.

I don’t blame you for loving your bag. White is my absolute favorite color for bags. I really hope cruise will have a white Coco Handle or tote. But my SA at NM said off white, which is not exactly the same. I have an off white/ivory GST that I really loved when I got it, but I don’t use it much now, so if cruise does come out with an off white/ivory, I need to think through that. I seem to use ivory more in the winter, as in winter white. Now.. if there is a matching ballet for that off white, I’m there! I must really love white/off white.

Do you have an ivory bag and do you use it a lot?

I’m going to ask Gerry to send me back my “before” photos. I deleted them and I should try and post before and after shots of my white GST for comparison. I think my bag should arrive sometime this coming week.

Good luck to you!
Hi there! So you did use their label! I understand but mine is new and I just can't send without insuring it for the reasons I mentioned before. If it was an older vintage would have no problem using it.

YAY! They are coming back this week, pretty fast for two. Always keep your photo's and correspondence in the future.

Yes, I had a "Saint Laurent" medium Kate "porcelain" A beautiful "off white". But it is a cool tone off white. Chanel off whites tend to go into the "yellow" tones which I really don't care for. I would rather own a 'true white" and then skip right into the beige tones like beige clair. Their off-whites are tricky, and yes I think it will be an "off-white"' for cruise this season again sadly. They just refuse to make crisp whites anymore for some reason.

Back to the Saint Laurent, I had it about 2 1/2 years, still like it but just sold it! - excellent condition. :smile:

Attachments

• 0910181720_HDR.jpg
    0910181720_HDR.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 508
  • 0730171540a (2).jpg
    0730171540a (2).jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 509
@willeyi Forgot to mention, I did send pics to Leather Spa in NYC that a Chanel SA recommended. They do wonderful work as well. I called them after they got it. They looked at it and said "yes" they could get it out. Did not like the way you have to send to their "long island repair center", bla, bla, bla system though. If I lived in NYC that would be another story. :smile:

Ps. Plus their cost was double and they highly recommended insuring!!!

Hi there! So you did use their label! I understand but mine is new and I just can't send without insuring it for the reasons I mentioned before. If it was an older vintage would have no problem using it.

YAY! They are coming back this week, pretty fast for two. Always keep your photo's and correspondence in the future.

Yes, I had a "Saint Laurent" medium Kate "porcelain" A beautiful "off white". But it is a cool tone off white. Chanel off whites tend to go into the "yellow" tones which I really don't care for. I would rather own a 'true white" and then skip right into the beige tones like beige clair. Their off-whites are tricky, and yes I think it will be an "off-white"' for cruise this season again sadly. They just refuse to make crisp whites anymore for some reason.

Back to the Saint Laurent, I had it about 2 1/2 years, still like it but just sold it! - excellent condition. :smile:

Hi! Yes, as a general rule, I always use the company’s prepaid shipping label. I trust the system. I have had repairs at Chanel, Tiffany, Rolex... and they have all sent me shipping labels which I use. I always follow their process... these companies do mass shipping everyday. The only time I create my own label is when I send something in as part of maintenance (e.g. send a Chanel bag it for spa treatment or clean a piece of fine jewelry). That’s when I use FedEx or USPS.

If you can live with it, I really would not worry about using a pre-paid label. I would stay with Leather Surgeons process. It’s quite safe and they do it everyday.

If you are paranoid, then FedEx or USPS for me is the way to go.

Hi! Yes, as a general rule, I always use the company’s prepaid shipping label. I trust the system. I have had repairs at Chanel, Tiffany, Rolex... and they have all sent me shipping labels which I use. I always follow their process... these companies do mass shipping everyday. The only time I create my own label is when I send something in as part of maintenance (e.g. send a Chanel bag it for spa treatment or clean a piece of fine jewelry). That’s when I use FedEx or USPS.

If you can live with it, I really would not worry about using a pre-paid label. I would stay with Leather Surgeons process. It’s quite safe and they do it everyday.

If you are paranoid, then FedEx or USPS for me is the way to go.
Hi there! Yes, I have bought Chanel bags from other States with no problem using their labels myself. This is a repair shop. Yes they do mass shipping, but they don't lose the packages UPS does. It's not paranoia at all. I know many people working in receiving and packages get screwed up everyday. You don't want to know the horror stories.:shocked: Like I said earlier with my luck lately something will happen to the package. I will never replace that bag as I said yesterday.:hrmm:

You have me confused now....haha! :confused1: You said you have had repairs for Chanel and use their labels but then a bit further down you said sending in a Chanel bag for a spa treatment you use your own shipping method via FedEx or USPS. Which is it?

I'm almost at the point where she is not going anywhere!!!:lol::lol::lol::tup:

Hi there! Yes, I have bought Chanel bags from other States with no problem using their labels myself. This is a repair shop. Yes they do mass shipping, but they don't lose the packages UPS does. It's not paranoia at all. I know many people working in receiving and packages get screwed up everyday. You don't want to know the horror stories.:shocked: Like I said earlier with my luck lately something will happen to the package. I will never replace that bag as I said yesterday.:hrmm:

You have me confused now....haha! :confused1: You said you have had repairs for Chanel and use their labels but then a bit further down you said sending in a Chanel bag for a spa treatment you use your own shipping method via FedEx or USPS. Which is it?

I'm almost at the point where she is not going anywhere!!!:lol::lol::lol::tup:

Hi! On Chanel, when I had an issue with a defect, they sent me a label which I used. However, if I wanted a spa service, I had to send it in and pay myself. With any regular returns (Saks, BG, NM), I always use the prepaid label.

I would just keep the bag as-is and use it. It’s not that bad and you can wait until it really does need a touch up due to the leather being worn or sag. The more you mess with stuff the worse it gets. Leave it. [emoji1]

Reactions: MomLuvsBags
Hi! On Chanel, when I had an issue with a defect, they sent me a label which I used. However, if I wanted a spa service, I had to send it in and pay myself. With any regular returns (Saks, BG, NM), I always use the prepaid label.

I would just keep the bag as-is and use it. It’s not that bad and you can wait until it really does need a touch up due to the leather being worn or sag. The more you mess with stuff the worse it gets. Leave it. [emoji1]
Ok, were on the same page. Large Department stores and Chanel, no problem. They would make it good if osmething went wrong. But not for a small business. Gerry did say "yes, a package that is insured" will get more care in shipping",
but has had good luck on his own.

Again, it's a new white GST. I'm going to sleep on it. If I do decide to send her out on another world tour:giggle::giggle:(poor thing) it will be over nighted and insured at my expense that I can tell you.:tup:

Remember the pic of that classic tote I showed you the other day? I really like it, I know you don't. I don't think the chain is that long that I can't use it handheld. 10"? GST is 9"? I carry my jumbo handheld may times too.
anyway the color was not light ivory. I just found that picture on the internet. It is beige claire and out now for winter season. I darkened the pic and this is more what it looks like.:love:

Chanel-Beige-Timeless-Classic-Tote-Bag (2).jpg

Reactions: Strep2031
Ok, were on the same page. Large Department stores and Chanel, no problem. They would make it good if osmething went wrong. But not for a small business. Gerry did say "yes, a package that is insured" will get more care in shipping",
but has had good luck on his own.

Again, it's a new white GST. I'm going to sleep on it. If I do decide to send her out on another world tour:giggle::giggle:(poor thing) it will be over nighted and insured at my expense that I can tell you.:tup:

Remember the pic of that classic tote I showed you the other day? I really like it, I know you don't. I don't think the chain is that long that I can't use it handheld. 10"? GST is 9"? I carry my jumbo handheld may times too.
anyway the color was not light ivory. I just found that picture on the internet. It is beige claire and out now for winter season. I darkened the pic and this is more what it looks like.:love:

View attachment 4208574

Hi! I tried it on and the chain felt a bit long for me, like I was carrying a shoulder bag handheld. But the real deal breaker to me, aside from the fact it’s too skinny is the CC. Because the CC logo is the actual clasp to close the tote, I think it looks really odd when the tote is left open and I know when I stuff my totes, I like them open. Hence I really did not like the “hole” in the middle of the CC. Hope that makes sense. Take a look at that when you try it on. That might make a difference to you. Oh... and that bag is so skinny it will tip over easily which is another major deal breaker for me. I use my totes as work horses and they need to sit upright on the office floor or plane (under the seat area). Just some thoughts if that matters to you.

I love beige Claire by the way... I have a beige Claire GST with GHW that I really like as it matches the beige ballet in color perfectly.

Hi! I tried it on and the chain felt a bit long for me, like I was carrying a shoulder bag handheld. But the real deal breaker to me, aside from the fact it’s too skinny is the CC. Because the CC logo is the actual clasp to close the tote, I think it looks really odd when the tote is left open and I know when I stuff my totes, I like them open. Hence I really did not like the “hole” in the middle of the CC. Hope that makes sense. Take a look at that when you try it on. That might make a difference to you. Oh... and that bag is so skinny it will tip over easily which is another major deal breaker for me. I use my totes as work horses and they need to sit upright on the office floor or plane (under the seat area). Just some thoughts if that matters to you.

I love beige Claire by the way... I have a beige Claire GST with GHW that I really like as it matches the beige ballet in color perfectly.
Sent a PM. :smile: