The Gorgeous Green Emerald Thread

lovely ! such a stunning stone and setting ! x
I was really lucky to grab this one! When I got it I was really dubious why the colour is so vibrant and called my friend gemologist who was also saying it looks fake. Then she took it to the lab and called me saying I literally found a rare gem lemme find another picture to show the exact colour!

Love that you wear emeralds! Looks lovely!
Thank you I'm hoping he likes the emerald ring i selected for him. It's a stand in till the pink sapphire and Champagne diamond ring is finalized. He mentioned in an early conversation loving emeralds and we have a love for Africa. He also likes art deco. Think the green will look great on him though he wants rose gold.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Thank you I'm hoping he likes the emerald ring i selected for him. It's a stand in till the pink sapphire and Champagne diamond ring is finalized. He mentioned in an early conversation loving emeralds and we have a love for Africa. He also likes art deco. Think the green will look great on him though he wants rose gold.
You must show me what you have designed for your hubby to be! Oh I’m so excited to see such unique wedding bands on you! And I Always wanted an emerald surrounded by sapphires, in fact, once I am tired of this setting I will do exactly that, I even have a picture of what I want, I will post it shortly!
I too have a love for Africa, but I am biased my husband is West African so I have been around it...

I was really lucky to grab this one! When I got it I was really dubious why the colour is so vibrant and called my friend gemologist who was also saying it looks fake. Then she took it to the lab and called me saying I literally found a rare gem lemme find another picture to show the exact colour!

stunning ! it can be hard when they are not rated. :smile: glad you got it all checked !

stunning ! it can be hard when they are not rated. :smile: glad you got it all checked !
Oh no Jessica they had two papers, but I have bought stones with papers previously that literally said lies, so I always recheck these things! And I think everyone should too! But I just got extra lucky with that one.

regarding certificates, there are so many bogus certificates that I think no one should trustthem unless of course they come from branded stores!

Dear Emerald-philes
I’m seriously considering purchasing an emerald ring.
I’ve done a lot of research and am working with a trusted jeweler.
My big question to emerald-owners out there is wearability and care.
I hear soooo much about how soft emeralds are and that they get easily banged up and chipped.
So my question is do you actually wear your emerald rings? If so, how often? Do you do anything special to care for them?
I don’t want to spend this much $$ and be terrified of it and have it see only the inside of my jewelry box!
Thanks!