The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara

I finally saw the movie last night and I did like it. Though I did enjoyed the Swedish version more. The American version seemed to pander more to Daniel Craig's character than Lisbeth's character. What I found silly was how they were showing that she was upset about Mickel seeing his girlfriend, I thought Lisbeth was a lesbian. Why would she be falling for him??

I think it was implied in the books, and sort of in the beginning of this film, that Lisbeth had an "anything goes" attitude towards her sexuality. She definitely was a lot more suspicious of and cagey around men, that's why her connection to Mikel was so unique and special. He's one of the few men she could trust, and it seemed to me even from their first meeting that she saw him as such. By the time we got to the last scene, I thought it was pretty convincing that she'd basically fallen in love with him. Those feelings didn't seem out of the blue or strange. What was unlikely for her character was going out on a limb and deciding to let him know her feelings (hence, the gift of the jacket). Once she did do that, she saw them and in essence, felt rejected. So the one man she does finally fall in love with, the one time she decides to make herself vulnerable.... she's rejected. I don't like how they ended the American movie on that scene... Lisbeth shouldn't be crushed into the ground anymore than she has been, the movie shouldn't have ended with her on the hook in such a painful way. I preferred the Swedish ending. But that's just me.