The first year of my H journey...

Woah.. Nice birkins you have there. I am *still* waiting for my DH to get me my first birkin... But I cant stop with the orange boxes too. :biggrin:

Loving how you pair and match the bags and clothing.

P.S: *wave* I love seeing Singaporean on this forum

By this time I was using my 35s and 30 birkins quite frequently, and realized that I don't use the 40 anymore. It was just too heavy and oversized on me, so I came to the decision to sell her off and let her go to a better home, and use the money to contribute to my withering money tree.

I had decided to make a trip down to Paris, just especially to try and score some bags since the euro was quite weak and prices were very much more palatable then the Japan ones. I had even hoped to get a croc birkin (in black of course), and so it was with high hopes and expectations that I set off on my trip..

I looked through the reveals and it seemed that almost everyone is having quite an easy time scoring in Paris. I went through all the archived threads and armed myself with the knowledge of how best to go about scoring a birkin. So I woke up early and dragged myself out of bed every single day to be there when FSH first opens. Then I go there again once in the afternoon at 3pm when the shipments are supposedly arriving. And in the meantime I go to the George V or Grenelle stores to try my luck.

Paris was in one word - wretched.

It was so horrible! I had purposely timed my trip in mid Sept, right when the craftsmen were supposed to come back from their holidays and before the madness of Paris Fashion week commences. All my planning and hopes were for naught. I even thought I might be able to place a SO! Yeah right, I would be lucky if I even got offered a birkin 30.

It was such a disheartening feeling, everyday going to the store and getting rejected left right front centre. And the worst thing was, I was not just after a birkin! I was interested in the lindy, and the picotin too! There was absolutely nothing for me, perhaps it was because they thought I was a reseller, or that I looked too young, or that I was just plain unlucky.

I was never ever rude, was unfailingly polite and for the most part most of the SAs were really nice too other than one horrid horrid woman who was extremely snarky and told me that iris was a new color and would only come in next year when there was an iris jypsiere displayed right behind her.

Eventually on the very last day I managed to get a lindy in etoupe, but that was for my mom as I already had something in Gris T so I wanted something that had more color. Same for the picotin, got one in chocolate for a friend but I had wanted something brighter and they had nothing. It got so bad that I actually developed a slight phobia of going to the H store, every morning when I got out of bed I would be filled with a slight sense of dismay, like argh am I going to get rejected again! It is truly a very disheartening feeling.

There seemed to be no stock at all in Paris! I wanted to get another belt, this time in an etoupe size 85, and they didn't even have that! Was looking forward to getting the CSMC in Noir, again, nothing. They had the CSMC in every other color but Noir!

So it was with a very heavy heart that I left Paris, went there with the hopes of emptying my H bank account and came back with an account that had barely been shaved.:cry:

Love your thread and enjoy every H items that you have scored over the year, you have good taste!!

Sorry about the disheartening trip to Paris, I am sure there are more H goodies waiting for you elsewhere. :smile:

hi blusilv, i am likiiiiing everything gosh espc the bougenvillier, seeing yours with 30 make me wanna switch my 35 with a 30 haha =0 and love love love gris tourtelle!

cannot wait for more of your reveaaaaalll!! and your paris story made me very2 sad, i have been into your shoes, pls dont give up okay..

btw i loveeee picotin haha but i want to buy it in bigger sizeeee.

anyway congratssss dear and cant wait to see everything!

We are young and in love. Don't worry. You have plenty of time to empty your account. However I get how you feel and how awful it feels to get the hopes up, but come home without a huge orange tower with croc. :hugs:

Thank you for sharing and you look beautiful as always!

Goodness, what a collection! and you've really collected all these in a year - WOW! I'm waaaaaay behind you and I've been on the slippery Orange Slope for about 2-3 years!

Love the orange tower picture :nuts:, story and action shots:tup: ! Congrats:drinkup: on all your beautiful purchases...great choices and we are bougainvillea twins:yahoo: ! I have been to H Paris a few times but never got lucky too. Most of my bag purchases are from Hong Kong, Australia and Japan. In the meantime enjoy all your goodies to the fullest !

:tup: Gorgeous collection and love the mod. shots! I have also just passed the one year H- experience (well actually one year and a half :P), but don't feel disheartened by your FSH trip; you'll have plenty of time to expand your (already beautiful) collection!

Well Paris wasn't completely a wasted trip, I did manage to bring some momentos back, albeit not those that were originally on my wishlist.

I got another pair of orans, since I was wearing my white ones so frequently, and in a color that I absolutely love. No its not black this time, lol.

attachment.php

And the only thing that I bought home for myself from FSH, something small that was originally on my wish list for Paris.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000124.JPG
    P1000124.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,428
  • P1000121.JPG
    P1000121.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,426
blusilv,:hugs:
You are very resourceful hunting down your orange picotin. Take time to enjoy your current collection. The chase is thrilling but it's also good to slow down and enjoy all your beautiful and special goodies.