The Evolution of a Collection

saralaughs

Yes, yes I am.
Sep 9, 2011
So, I'm finally doing it. After several months of buying and selling RM, I feel brave enough to document my journey. It's been a wild and fun ride discovering the brand while finding what styles, leathers, and textures work for me. I think I've found my favorites while still having that 'wishlist' that keeps us all checking those auction sites; I just happen to still do it several times a day. ;) And, of course, I've made a list (it's still evolving and I think always will) that compromises my 'dream collection'.

Anyway, onto the bags. Those that I've had and let go and the ones that have found their home; for at least a little while.

My first RM. Classic Style, great color...

Pool MAM! Silver mixed hardware, black and white floral lining. Got her for a steal on Bonz from a great seller and tPF'er. At first, I really thought that the lining on this babe was my favorite from RM. Then I started stalking this site and found a plethora of information and realized that nope, it wasn't. As of note, this black and white floral wasn't canvas. I dunno if that is weird or not.

Alas, she's moved on to a different home. I found that Pool wasn't for me. I like deeper and richer colors. The leather was as smooth as silk though. Beautiful bag.

Attachments

• 100_2446.jpg
    100_2446.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 749
  • 100_2450.jpg
    100_2450.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 740
Last edited by a moderator:
My next aquistion was an Adore. I love, love, love crossbody bags. They just work for me. I'm a busy mother to three, so I need my hands free and a bag that stays put. And the Adore fits everything I need to carry comfortably while not being heavy.

In Fine Wine, Antique Brass Hardware, Black and White Dash Lining:

LOVED this bag. After a while though, I found myself with a few too many wine-colored bags (ahaha!) and she found a new, loving home.

Attachments

• 100_2487.jpg
    100_2487.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 734
  • 100_2490.jpg
    100_2490.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 735
Next came a bag that I really had a hard time parting with. Such a beautiful blue, silver hardware, gray and cream stripe, and a sample sale bag.

Sailor Navy Mini Mattie :girlsigh:

Again, I let this one go to a lovely new home (with a lovely tPF'er). See, I've found that I'm not a satchel girl and if a bag doesn't fit well on my shoulder or across my body, then I really have no use for it. Mini Mattie and her handles were just a bit too mini for me.

Attachments

• 100_2419.jpg
    100_2419.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 801
  • 100_2424.jpg
    100_2424.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 783
  • 100_2422.jpg
    100_2422.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 748
Thanks ladies! :smile:

Next in line, the favored RM crossbody...the MAC. Another beautiful bag; flat iron gray. I LOVED the leather on this. Thick, smooth, and saturated color with a slight gloss to it. Silver hardware with that black and white floral canvas lining.

This is where the different releases of the same name in color became part of my RM education. Believe me, I now understand. But more on that later. First, pics.

While I loved the color and the leather, I learned that the MAC just isn't for me. I may get another on down the line, if I fall for a color or leather, but it's too small for me. And it's HEAVY. :sad: My arm almost fell off. So, this beauty found herself a new home as well.

More later!!

Attachments

• 100_2400.jpg
    100_2400.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 654
  • 100_2401.jpg
    100_2401.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 653
Next came a bag that I really had a hard time parting with. Such a beautiful blue, silver hardware, gray and cream stripe, and a sample sale bag.

Sailor Navy Mini Mattie :girlsigh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Again, I let this one go to a lovely new home (with a lovely tPF'er). See, I've found that I'm not a satchel girl and if a bag doesn't fit well on my shoulder or across my body, then I really have no use for it. Mini Mattie and her handles were just a bit too mini for me.

This is a beutiful bag! I agree with you; I love satchels, but I never ever use them. So sad!

Where's the Nikki years? Need more photos :woohoo:

So far...I want to buy each of the ones you've shown (except the Sailor Mattie....that one I can go visit upstairs chez moi :heart:). I'm amazed that you've let all the ones shown GO so far. I can't wait to see the current collection you have in house....I only know of 2 or 3 of the current bags !?

Allright...since I know my pleas won't be answered soon, I'll allow the suspense to build and will come back for more of the show later! :popcorn:

THey are all so pretty but I'm like you , if they're not functional in my lifestyle, they gotta go. I do know what bag you kept in Wine. :graucho: And can't wait for the rest of your pics...