'The dont bother me' look from the SA

I'm gonna add to my earlier post. I went to the BOSTON botique in copley last week and the salesgirl was SO NICE. I wish I caught her name. I went in there to see if they had a new puppy carrier (I LOVE the one I have but variety is awesome) and she was so friendly. She even knew which other brands had them and said she was hoping that burberry got one next year, because lots of people were asking. So, perhaps hit or miss, but last week was a HIT!

When I went in to the Burberry boutique at Fashion Valley mallthe first SA was snobby towards me when I asked for assistance regarding a bag I wanted to look at (as she was "busy" looking through some receipts or something) but Sarah the one that helped me was very nice and friendly and she happily helped me with the bags I was interested in. We were laughing and chattering away as I tried on bags until I made my purchase of the medium novacheck tote and check wallet. She sent me a very nice note a week later. I will definitely ask for her when I go make my next Burberry purchase.

so ive got a perspective from two sides of the coin here..

similar to some, i am a young student and therefore have been snubbed by many SA's in the past.. however it has yet to happen at burberry but it has happened at mainly coach, LV, cartier (they didnt even acknowledge my presence until I showed them a ring that neede servicing.. RUDE)..

however, with all that said.. i have worked retail myself, as a SA in a department store, and though I didnt sell luxury brands they were all imported and were pretty pricey in comparison. i have to admit that sometimes id judge my customers on what they were wearing etc (don't shoot me i know) and would serve them in comparison to my judgements of whether they would buy and could actually afford the items. i know its so terrible and i shouldnt do it.. i mean i did greet them and acknowledge their presence at least. however.. with all that said. my feet just hurt in those heels and i wanted to go home. so i guess im guilty as charged :shame:

hey there, i completely AGREE! theres always 2 sides. unless you worked retail before, you will never know how and why they are the way they are. to be honest, some places ( i wont mention which ) do train their staff to be a lil snooty not because of whatever, but it sorta keeps it more luxurious, and also in a sense they want it to be intimidating.i know to some this doesnt make sense at all, but they cant ALWAYS be welcoming-they have a certain image to put up. they want some people to be intimidated, some welcome....(oh god i cant put the best of words here..)example..think hermes, they are certainly not IKEA and DONT want to be..so they are snobby...does that make sense?it is their image.at times the customer is the snobby one, have u guys thought about that? but anways with the burberrys ive been to, they have been friendly and polite.good etiquette. with lvs, quite expresionless and disinterested...excpet the SAs that always served me, gucci staff members always seem angry...especially at the cashiers when wrapping up things..tiff n co are nowhere to be found, chanel is good, prada too overpowering and stalky, hermes are cold (understandable), versace are very casual (too casual for a luxury store...its like "hiya howya going??" instead of "good afternoon mam")...anwyays sorry too much blabber. hehe

I go to Holt Renfrew during my breaks/holidays from school and I've noticed that people are pretty snobbish there too -- especially because I look like a young student. However, if I go with my mom, it's a totally different story or if I'm buying something, their attitude completely changes too. Sighs! Sad times! :sad:

Really!? I get nothing but awesome service 100% of the time from holt! I certainly don't make purchases there very often.

I had a pretty bad experience at Burberry. I was there with my mom and we were just browsing around trying stuff on and the sales people were looking at us as if we were diseased, and I never even bothered them. I asked them to put a couple pairs of boots on hold and they acted like that was a major task for them.
I came back like an hour later and bought them and they finally treated me with a little respect. Guess you have to spread the cash around before you get any decency.
Maybe it's the fact that i'm young (18) and they didn't feel the need to be nice to me?

But i've had great experiences at other stores, the SA's at Louis Vuitton in Carmel are really nice. I never bought anything there but they were always really helpful.

We don't have a Burberry in this state, so I have to wait to go to Chicago to go, but I get that all the time when I go to Coach if I put my bag in the stroller and they can't see it, they don't even acknowledge me! That is when I leave with no bags!!! :cursing:

Maybe it depends where you are? I shop at the Forum Shops in Vegas each January & Burberry is just about the only store I shop at while there...I find the SAS are attentive & nice....by the time I get home, there is a hand written note in the mail for me, from the SA that helped me. I don't get all dressed up or anything either. It is a little quirk I have, but when I know I'll be shopping at Burberry, I do carry a Burberry bag that day...maybe that might help...?:thinking:But regardless, I feel your frustration, no one should make you feel bad when shopping...that is like, sacreligious!

As for Coach....I went in there a few times & the girls, & I mean 'girls'...like highschool age...were so snotty to me, especailly when I went in there carrying my Burberry...it was if I were invisable... never mind that I dropped 700$ on shoes & a bag that day, you think they could crack a smile? NOPE!:cursing:

I had a weird (?) experience at a LV store in Hamburg a couple of weeks ago. We were a group of five people; we split up into two groups, me and another girl and the three others. Aniée and I were looking at a bag Aniée was going to buy (she had already decided on that and was an easy customer) and she said to the sa she wanted the bag and one of these little charms as well (she already knew which one she wanted and pointed it out to the sa). So the sa went "backstage" for the bag and the charm and Aniée paid for the items.

Then we looked for the others. They had bought nothing but were seated on some chairs holding glasses of champagne someone had offered them. We joined them and I expected one of the sas to offer us a glass as well. They didn't! I mean, my friend had just spend a couple of hundred Euros in a couple of minutes and the others were offered champagne and she wasn't?!
Okay, I was carrying my Burberry Nova Check tote, so I guess they didn't want to waste any champagne on me ;); but not offering a glass to my friend I found quite rude!
And there were very few customers there, the sas had nothing to do, really! I wonder what that kind of behaviour was all about?!
Regina :confused1::shrugs::s